Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Redhawk95...I'm not bent out of shape about anything and I don't care that OSU isn't top in hockey. You seem a little offended that anyone dare question the Miami program. OSU is great at many sports, hockey isn't one of them. We all admit that and there is no shame in that. It is what it is.

If you do a little research, I gave props to the Miami program, as well as its fans. Met quite a few great people in Oxford on Saturday night. But let's face facts, it's easy to fill a 2,300 seat facility.

As for the Schott, everything I stated was true. The majority of Miami fans that come to the Schott are fans that can't get tix in your own arena. So you have to come up here and be disrespectful and act like 12 year olds. I get that.

Regarding coaching, I'll support the OSU boys. They got behind Steve Rohlik and have subscribed to his style and program. Personally, I think he will be successful. Again, all out of the hands of the fans as we don't have a vote. If you read my post, I am trying to get more and more people involved to support our hockey program!

I'll also defend my comment regarding Denver and North Dakota. Only time will tell. Now, if you want to troll on about something else, I'll be glad to answer that.
    It would be easier to overlook the sour grapes if you didn't make up numbers to support your argument - you know that Miami's rink is not a 2300 seat facility. There is seating for over 3600 and 4000 with standing room tickets. Sure it isn't huge, but you can make your argument without fudging the numbers. As far as those who travel to games at the Schott, it is mostly rabid fans who are already season ticket holders or Columbus area alumni.

Comment

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
      Thanks GreyGhost. That one worked. I clicked to join. Is that one of those groups where I am going to get an email every time someone posts something? If so, I want to turn that off. I don't mind notifications of someone responding to my posts but I don't want fifty emails every time someone posts something. Anyway, thanks for the link. That link worked.

Nope, no emails. Just a group of OSU fans that want to make the Schott inhospitable to other teams!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
        Nope, no emails. Just a group of OSU fans that want to make the Schott inhospitable to other teams!
        Yea. Group of season ticket holders and formed a group.

Comment

Wiki says 2,300 with standing room. If you have additional info, please ad.

Comment

Maybe you are looking at the old Goggin Capacity 2850

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goggin_Ice_Arena

Current facility: Capacity 3642

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goggin_Ice_Center

Google is your friend.
            Last edited by SweeneyHawksHockey; 10-14-2013, 09:58 PM.
            2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Ok...so what is your point?

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
                Ok...so what is your point?
                Troller. How much $ did u contribute to that? Miami arena very impressive. Looking for your name on the glass donor list in it.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                  Look, it's no secret that Miami's program is the preeminent hockey program in the state of Ohio and will continue to be a national contender for the foreseeable future. It's now a hockey school. We pay the hockey coach a ransom (by college hockey standards) and have a first-class hockey-only facility (though I do wish it sat about 5,000 rather than only 4,000 including standing room)
                  Not to stir this back up but I wanted to share a bit of info that is not generally known among the Miami fans or anybody for that matter.
                  Last spring I was having a conversation with Steve Cady about the arena and he told me that it was indeed meant to be slightly larger. However when construction began they discovered a major power conduit underground not where it was supposed to be near the outer perimeter of where the arena's foundation was supposed to go. Moving the conduit would have put them severely over budget so last minute changes were made to shrink the arena slightly losing several rows in the process. Now as that came direct from Steve Cady you can't get more factual about Miami's arena than that.

Comment

• Uh huh

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    Not to stir this back up but I wanted to share a bit of info that is not generally known among the Miami fans or anybody for that matter.
                    Last spring I was having a conversation with Steve Cady about the arena and he told me that it was indeed meant to be slightly larger. However when construction began they discovered a major power conduit underground not where it was supposed to be near the outer perimeter of where the arena's foundation was supposed to go. Moving the conduit would have put them severely over budget so last minute changes were made to shrink the arena slightly losing several rows in the process. Now as that came direct from Steve Cady you can't get more factual about Miami's arena than that.
                    On to Bowling Green!

Comment

• Re: Uh huh

Going to live video link it shows no games for tonight. Anyone find anything different? Perhaps it will appear at gametime.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        Going to live video link it shows no games for tonight. Anyone find anything different? Perhaps it will appear at gametime.
                        Game time is still 4 hours away. Get your butt in gear and make the drive!
                        Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                          Game time is still 4 hours away. Get your butt in gear and make the drive!
                          How I wish. Arthritis in lower back is excruciating today, so not a chance of 4 hours of driving and 2 & a half sitting in arena seating.

Comment

3-0 lead to a 4-3 loss.... Not good, not good at all

Comment

I watched it on streaming through my TV. I lost count of how many penalties on both sides but there were a lot.
                              2 things wrong with us, a lack of experienced goaltending and defensive miscues. Hopefully it won't get worse before it gets better but unless we really come together we may be rock bottom in the inaugural B1G season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                I watched it on streaming through my TV. I lost count of how many penalties on both sides but there were a lot.
                                2 things wrong with us, a lack of experienced goaltending and defensive miscues. Hopefully it won't get worse before it gets better but unless we really come together we may be rock bottom in the inaugural B1G season.
                                Well that sucked.... Gonna be a long ride home.

Comment

Working...
                                X