NHL 2014 Cover Vote - College Hockey Alumni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL 2014 Cover Vote - College Hockey Alumni

So EA Sports is doing another cover vote for NHL14, and by my count, there are 12 college hockey alums who are eligible to appear on the cover of the game. They are (alphabetical by NHL Team):

ANAHEIM
    Andrew Cogliano (Michigan)

BUFFALO
    Ryan Miller (Michigan State)
    Thomas Vanek (Minnesota)

CALGARY

Lee Stempniak (Dartmouth)

CHICAGO

Patrick Sharp (Vermont)
    Duncan Keith (Michigan State)

DETROIT

Jimmy Howard (Maine)

NASHVILLE

Brandon Yip (BU)

NY RANGERS

Carl Hagelin (Michigan)

TAMPA BAY

Teddy Purcell (Maine)

TORONTO

James van Riemsdyk (UNH)

VANCOUVER

Ryan Kesler (tOSU)

I would like to suggest that the college hockey fan community back our players in the voting, and try to get one of these guys on the cover of next season's game (I'm pulling for Stempniak, myself, but I'd imagine it's not happening.

Here's the vote schedule.

· Round of 60 – April 22-28: Teammate vs. teammate. One representative from each team plus two wild card selections advance.
    · 32-Player Leaderboard – April 29-May 5: Fans vote for their favorite 16 candidates; top 16 vote-getters advance.
    · 16-player Bracket – May 6 - May 26: Weekly round-by-round, single-elimination playoff bracket decides finalists.
    · The Finals – May 27- June 2: Winner takes the NHL 14 Cover.

I don't know how you pick in the case of the Blackhawks and Sabres candidates (I'd say Sharp because he didn't leave for juniors and Miller because he won the Hobey...your mileage may vary, especially if you went to one of the schools), but whoever comes through after this week, think we can get some momentum to push them through the voting?
Working...
X