X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU hockey 2013-14

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
    Does anyone really care who the donors are and whom ever it may be ,isn't it their choice to tell or not. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth .
    No, no one cares. But you can't make accusations about donors being buddy buddy with the coach and insinuating that a stipulation of a donation is to keep the current coach here without showing some sort of proof. That is what davyd83 is saying.

It's pretty tough for Truthy to know whats going on from where he is located. It's not about who the donor is, again, no one cares about names.

Comment

Year 9 under Jim Roque will be the best season yet for Lake Superior!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
        No, no one cares. But you can't make accusations about donors being buddy buddy with the coach and insinuating that a stipulation of a donation is to keep the current coach here without showing some sort of proof. That is what davyd83 is saying.

It's pretty tough for Truthy to know whats going on from where he is located. It's not about who the donor is, again, no one cares about names.

The key is the IGNORE feature which is happily provided with this message board by the administrators of USCHO. I set my system to ignore all of truthy's many manifestations, and it is wonderful. I only seehis postings when they are reproduced in responses by fellow-posters .

I might suggest that many of my Laker friends who contribute to this wonderful message board seriously consider formally IGNORING truthy.

It is waste of time to constantly follow this rube down the rabbit hole. He has not posted anything different in over a year. Why engage this person? He hates Jim Roque -- we get it. We all know it. We've all heard it. The only thing sillier than arguing with Truthy about his inane belief system -- is arguing with each other about Truthy's inane belief system.

Understand this simple set of facts: There are people who wish to see a new coach behind the bench at LSSU, and all of those people's opinions are based in large part upon the belief that te team could be better with a new coach. Truthy's problems with Jim Roque are intensely personal, filled with hate and emotional dislike, and as such are irrational. Just because you may agree with Truthy that a change is needed behind the bench at LSSU, do not be fooled: He is not on your side, and he is not your ally, and he has nothing new to say about LSSU. He hates Jim Roque -- personally. He could not care less whether LSSU finishes first, last, or folds its program -- as long as Jim Roque is harmed in the process. Don't confuse "supporting LSSU" with Truthy's one-note-song. One is the product of support for the school and program -- the other is the product of pyschological illness.

Ergo -- why follow a mentally ill psychopath, heck-bent on mouth-frothing revenge, down a rabbit hole?

Ignore the jerk.

Comment

Bill I agree that no-one has to provide any comment on any news worthy issues but these are what interest me. To post on this thread about the MTU Ice Arena renovation while ours has an off limits status makes no sense to me. This project was a big deal for the future of Laker Hockey when it was announced years back. What has changed?
          The most polarizing topic in Laker Hockey is Coach Roque. It was reported that he had a job offer by his friend Coach Rolston and the Buffalo Sabres. If this is on-going I understand the silence but Coach Roques friends say he is not leaving. Is it not a positive that he had an NHL offer. Why not let us know what happened instead of bringing up the coaching issues at UAA, UAH or Maine? That’s all I’m saying.

Comment

Originally posted by DM2SM View Post
            Bill I agree that no-one has to provide any comment on any news worthy issues but these are what interest me. To post on this thread about the MTU Ice Arena renovation while ours has an off limits status makes no sense to me. This project was a big deal for the future of Laker Hockey when it was announced years back. What has changed?
            The most polarizing topic in Laker Hockey is Coach Roque. It was reported that he had a job offer by his friend Coach Rolston and the Buffalo Sabres. If this is on-going I understand the silence but Coach Roques friends say he is not leaving. Is it not a positive that he had an NHL offer. Why not let us know what happened instead of bringing up the coaching issues at UAA, UAH or Maine? That’s all I’m saying.
            Laker hockey is in good hands with Coach Roque, he is not going anywhere which good. As for the project I am excited to see the Lakers will be on the par of the other WCHA teams when the project is done.

You couldnt ask for a better future for the Lakers program. New league, a coach with many years under his belt ready to tackle similar schools, and great renovation project.

I cant wait for October when the puck drops for the WCHA. Hope to see Dave at rink near you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
              Laker hockey is in good hands with Coach Roque, he is not going anywhere which good. As for the project I am excited to see the Lakers will be on the par of the other WCHA teams when the project is done.

You couldnt ask for a better future for the Lakers program. New league, a coach with many years under his belt ready to tackle similar schools, and great renovation project.

I cant wait for October when the puck drops for the WCHA. Hope to see Dave at rink near you.
              Yes yes yes!!!! You echo what the majority of people on here state that Lake Superior is in good hands with Jim Roque. Look at the last 8 years and all he has done. You people and the administration were right to stick with him. You couldn't ask for a better coach, a players coach, good with parents, a community leader, and a true gentleman and thanks to him a renovation project.

Year 9 is going to be the best year yet under Jim Roque!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                The key is the IGNORE feature which is happily provided with this message board by the administrators of USCHO. I set my system to ignore all of truthy's many manifestations, and it is wonderful. I only seehis postings when they are reproduced in responses by fellow-posters .

I might suggest that many of my Laker friends who contribute to this wonderful message board seriously consider formally IGNORING truthy.

It is waste of time to constantly follow this rube down the rabbit hole. He has not posted anything different in over a year. Why engage this person? He hates Jim Roque -- we get it. We all know it. We've all heard it. The only thing sillier than arguing with Truthy about his inane belief system -- is arguing with each other about Truthy's inane belief system.

Understand this simple set of facts: There are people who wish to see a new coach behind the bench at LSSU, and all of those people's opinions are based in large part upon the belief that te team could be better with a new coach. Truthy's problems with Jim Roque are intensely personal, filled with hate and emotional dislike, and as such are irrational. Just because you may agree with Truthy that a change is needed behind the bench at LSSU, do not be fooled: He is not on your side, and he is not your ally, and he has nothing new to say about LSSU. He hates Jim Roque -- personally. He could not care less whether LSSU finishes first, last, or folds its program -- as long as Jim Roque is harmed in the process. Don't confuse "supporting LSSU" with Truthy's one-note-song. One is the product of support for the school and program -- the other is the product of pyschological illness.

Ergo -- why follow a mentally ill psychopath, heck-bent on mouth-frothing revenge, down a rabbit hole?

Ignore the jerk.
                Really classy but representative of the good ole boy lapdogs up there for this coach and administration. The truth about the last 8 years hurts, even if you chose not to listen or to ignore it.

The Truth Is Out There....
                TBA
                TBA

Comment

Looks like the CCHA website is history. I've tried going on there the past couple days and nothing happens.
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    Looks like the CCHA website is history. I've tried going on there the past couple days and nothing happens.
                    Hopefully somebody will buy it and keep it running.

Comment

Will be interesting to see if the Lakers get any verbals this Summer for the 2014-15 season. I think Roque said on one of the Lakers' shows that he hoped to get a commitment from a D-man over the Summer to get a start on that season, which will be a big one for replacing our D corps. We'll probably have 4 guys to replace at that position after next season.

Comment

Why is it that some posters, when there isn't a "hot topic" on the board, take to trashing the coach? Lake State is very fortunate to have an experienced & knowledgeable coach, with experience in places like highly regarded ockey school like Clarkson to draw on. OK, maybe he's not Herb Brooks or even Jeff Jackson, but the Lakers are not being shorted by the quality of coaching job he does,
                        Frankly, I'm more concerned with the type of recruiters his assistants are and the amount of recruiting budget they have to work with. From my experience, a sussessful coaching "staff" ispredicated by the diversity of that staff. While one may excel at "X's"&"O's", PP & PK strategies, another my be gifted in communication which is important for communicting with Student/athletes & professors on maintaining the grades needed to stay on track. Another personality type excels at player evaluation & scouting, weeding out those that don't fit the needs of the program while finding the "late
                        bloomer" that Michigan or MSU has overlooked.

Rather than trashing the coach, why not highlight the strong suits of the entire staff?

Comment

Originally posted by FRICKER View Post
                          Why is it that some posters, when there isn't a "hot topic" on the board, take to trashing the coach? Lake State is very fortunate to have an experienced & knowledgeable coach, with experience in places like highly regarded ockey school like Clarkson to draw on. OK, maybe he's not Herb Brooks or even Jeff Jackson, but the Lakers are not being shorted by the quality of coaching job he does,
                          Frankly, I'm more concerned with the type of recruiters his assistants are and the amount of recruiting budget they have to work with. From my experience, a sussessful coaching "staff" ispredicated by the diversity of that staff. While one may excel at "X's"&"O's", PP & PK strategies, another my be gifted in communication which is important for communicting with Student/athletes & professors on maintaining the grades needed to stay on track. Another personality type excels at player evaluation & scouting, weeding out those that don't fit the needs of the program while finding the "late

Rather than trashing the coach, why not highlight the strong suits of the entire staff?
                          Speaking for myself, over the past few years I have complimented the staff several times on the improved recruiting and the level of talent the Lakers have brought in, from my freshman year at LSSU (07-08) until now, there has been fantastic improvement, we regularly have players now that the pro teams are seeking and I think that is great. Also on multiple occasions during the past season I complimented the staff on the improvement on the PP, just a couple years ago it seemed like the Lakers getting a shot on goal with the man advantage was cause for celebration...not so anymore as the PP single-handedly was responsible for some of the teams wins this past year...however with all of that being said both of those elements exist under the big tent that is the Laker program and the facts remain that despite these improvements we are not seeing that translate into improved overall results, and that is my biggest issue...you can remodel the kitchen and the bathroom in your house but if the roof over that same house doesn't stop leaking water over those rooms then in the end it dampens the improvements themselves, no pun intended...I will give credit when credit is due but when the team doesn't make strides in the big picture it's hard to give too hard of a pat on the back.

Comment

FRICKER - We have talked about this over and over on this thread. It's pretty obvious where every regular poster on this thread stands as far as the coaching is concerned. If there is any doubt, go back and read 50 pages of thread-speak and you will be enlightened. There is no sense in beating a dead horse. Trashers will be Trashers, Lovers will be Lovers, and everyone else is in-between.

Personally, I am looking forward to the upcoming season. I believe this new league is going to give LSSU a renewed vigor and catapult us into the upper tier of the conference. For the first time in a long time, LSSU has the chance to bask in the limelight instead of sit in the shadows of the big-money schools who destroyed the college hockey landscape as we knew it. Save the Frank Anzalone and Jeff Jackson stories for the campfire, I'm not concerned with what happened 20 years ago anymore. It's onward and upward!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              Will be interesting to see if the Lakers get any verbals this Summer for the 2014-15 season. I think Roque said on one of the Lakers' shows that he hoped to get a commitment from a D-man over the Summer to get a start on that season, which will be a big one for replacing our D corps. We'll probably have 4 guys to replace at that position after next season.
                              It sure would be nice to get a few early. Do you think some will wait until early in the season? I'm not too familar with the recruitment process.

Comment

I think part of the frustration for some with Coach Roque is that by and large, the Laker Faithful are satisfied withthe recruiting. The Lakers have had many very good players in the past 3-4 years.

So while there can be complaints about budgetary issues, the overall net result is a pretty good collection of recruts.

So if the recruits are good . . . and the quality of the players wearing Laker Blue is good . . . . then why is the team perpetually underachieving? Why are there all the late season-collapses? Why the lack of any playoff success?

So then the common fan has to ask: If the players are good, perhaps its the coach's Xs and Os.

I don't have an answer. I don't pretend to have an answer. I suspect that, as with everything in life, there is no one-single-cause.

But the frustration from fans starts, and ends, with W-L record.

From that point, fans will blame the coach's personality, budget, community involvement, etc.

But I think for myself, I can give the following answers:

1. The level of player at LSSU is greatly improved in the past five years under Coach Roque and his asistant's hard work.
                                2. The level of play -- the hockey smarts -- we see on the ice is greatly improved. Obviously, this is a direct result of a coach having the horses to properly execute basic hockey skills in the incredibly competative D-I hockey world.
                                3. The lack of wins, and the lack of playoff success, and the second-half collapses, has worn on my patience. I mean, in reality, if the players are better, and these better layers can execute the gameplan better -- then shouldn't there be some movement in the W-L record? Shouldn't there be some playoff success? Shouldn't there be some excitement building within the fan base, and the program starts ramping up for greater sucess?
                                4. Despite my misgivings, I personally support the coach until he is no longer the coach. And then I will personally supportwhoever is behind the bench after Roque. ButI ahve my concerns right now, and I think my concerns are somewhat justified.

Comment

Working...
                                X