X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU hockey 2013-14

Originally posted by Pink Pony
    Could the people of Soo handle Frank for a third time I dont think so he would cost to much $$$$.

His record in the ECHL is nothing but wins. I would hire Ron Mason or Rick Comley before Truth Squad.
    What does the phrase "Well sound Jim Roque" mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
      Is it 100% official that Crawford won't be back? The last I knew, there was still a slight possibility he could be back. It might depend upon who (which station) gets the broadcast contract for next season. I'm not that familiar with the radio station landscape in the Soo area, but isn't there pretty much an ownership monopoly there? Are there any stations there not under the Sovereign Communications umbrella? I heard someone in Marquette might be interested in buying a Soo radio station(s); if so, perhaps they could also be a player in who gets the Lakers broadcast contract if they make (or have made) such a purchase. As it is now, if Crawford doesn't come back, Paul VanWagoner has still been doing the weekly (in-season) podcasts with Roque, so I guess he could be a possible replacement. Or if there is some change in radio station ownership by Fall, perhaps we could see someone else. Maybe even if Sovereign still gets the contract, we'll see someone new if Bill doesn't want to do the travel anymore.
      Eagle 95.1 has been on air since October and is owned by the same company whose Marquette station (100.3 The Point) does NMU hockey.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        Eagle 95.1 has been on air since October and is owned by the same company whose Marquette station (100.3 The Point) does NMU hockey.
        Thanks Davy. Do you know if they are going to bid on the LSSU hockey contract?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
          Thanks Davy. Do you know if they are going to bid on the LSSU hockey contract?
          That I don't know. But PVW would be outstanding if Billy isn't back.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Hire Crazy Frank for a third time? Who does he think he is, Billy Martin???

Comment

Not even if Hell freezes over.
              BLEED BLUE

Comment

DM2SM - Your not going to get any info from me if you keep calling me Mrs.

Both Sovereign and the Eagle Group are going for the radio bid last I heard. Bill was going to come back if Sovereign won the bid, but it will probably be Paul VanWagoner if the Eagle gets it. Dave does a great job on The Point for NMU games and I always enjoy listening in when I travel that way. I would expect PVW to be good as well. With BC or PVW, we are going to be in good shape either way.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  That I don't know. But PVW would be outstanding if Billy isn't back.
                  I wouldn't mind PVM back either, though I would rather have Crawford back. I know there some that don't like Paul at all though.
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

The D-man recruit now has a name:

http://www.nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=8617

Comment

Now you people up there are talking about announcers??? I guess when you have the same coach coming back for his ninth season and can expect like the previous ones, lower half of the standings finishes, second half collapses, dwindling attendance, playoff crowds in the hundreds, and so on and so forth you will talk about anything. It doesn't matter really because neither one of those guys will every ask Roque a tough question. One is his golf buddy and the other guy I have only heard a couple of times a few seasons ago but sounds like a cheerleader more than anything else from what I can remember. None of this matters because it will be the same thing next year, and the one after that and the one after that. All you uppers have to do is check the record and reality, if that isn't too hard for you people to figure out.

The Truth Is Out There.....
                      TBA

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony
                        Did you ever interview to be an NMU. AC? I just head recently is this true?
                        What does the phrase "Well sound Jim Roque" mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
                          Now you people up there are talking about announcers??? I guess when you have the same coach coming back for his ninth season and can expect like the previous ones, lower half of the standings finishes, second half collapses, dwindling attendance, playoff crowds in the hundreds, and so on and so forth you will talk about anything. It doesn't matter really because neither one of those guys will every ask Roque a tough question. One is his golf buddy and the other guy I have only heard a couple of times a few seasons ago but sounds like a cheerleader more than anything else from what I can remember. None of this matters because it will be the same thing next year, and the one after that and the one after that. All you uppers have to do is check the record and reality, if that isn't too hard for you people to figure out.

The Truth Is Out There.....
                          TBA
                          Just curious...were you a member of the Four Tops? Because you post...well...It's the Same Old Song...

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
                            DM2SM - Your not going to get any info from me if you keep calling me Mrs.
                            My apologies Mr. Lakers2glory. Reading your posts over the years it seemed as though you referenced yourself that way in the past. Won't happen again.
                            Now, can you answer my question? Is the private donor group still involved financially in the renovation project. It seems the project is being scaled way back. is that for lack of funding?

Comment

Originally posted by DM2SM View Post
                              My apologies Mr. Lakers2glory. Reading your posts over the years it seemed as though you referenced yourself that way in the past. Won't happen again.
                              Now, can you answer my question? Is the private donor group still involved financially in the renovation project. It seems the project is being scaled way back. is that for lack of funding?
                              The original project was always supposed to be a two phase project over the course of two years. The first phase being the upgrades to the hockey facilities (locker room & weight room) and the second being the atrium/entrance out front and Athletics offices. Based on the information I have been getting, it is still very plausible that construction on the first part could start in July and be completed by the time classes start in the Fall. Both parts were never planned to be done together in one year.

As far as the donors go, I have heard nothing that makes me think they have bailed on the project. The University has other needs such as a new dorm that they would spend money on, so the project would still need to be funded privately. All of my sources have told me July is the month, and until that comes and goes, I have full confidence we will see it happen.

I'm 99.9% sure the plans have changed from the original plan. What that is, I couldn't tell you. I wouldn't even want to speculate without seeing the plans.

Comment

The original plan was for the project to be completed in two summers. They changed that to it being done all in one summer, coach said that the hockey department had less then a week to get out after their last home game of the season. I think that was supposed to be two off seasons ago.

I hope the donor is still involved.
                                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Working...
                                X