X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU hockey 2013-14

Originally posted by DM2SM
    I get tired of the drama that surrounds Coach Roque. All the good people he has trampled on. The colleagues, administrators, players and officials he has abused. The same Clarkson beat writer has twice reported previously that Coach Roque was deep in the search process for the Clarkson job only to have Coach Roque deny publicly that he ever showed interest. Now he has no interest in Buffalo. I hope that the University has been honestly kept informed by our Coach during all these ordeals, especially the past few days. Thanks for your years of service and good luck in Buffalo to you and Mrs. Pink Pony. If in fact this was a rumor, we all have a pretty good idea who started it. It will be completely disgusting if in fact Coach Roque goes to Buffalo after going so overboard denying any contact with the Sabres. Wouldn’t it have been better to just say no comment than to lie?
    Now is the time to hear from Mrs. Lakers2glory or better yet Mr. 3dognight about how this impacts the $5M renovation. Let’s get on with a national search and really find out after all these years who really has an interest.
    Mrs. Lakers2glory?

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony
      I would think Jerrard is on hold.

Who did Cap the reporter from Watertown talk to Mr Rolston?
      Who has Jerrard on hold?
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Who did Cap the reporter from Watertown talk to Mr Rolston?
        I was one of the few on here who was fine with Coach Roque as our coach because he brought donors that guaranteed a major improvement to the University. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE STATUS OF THE PROJECT. WHY SO SILENT? As a coach I think he offered very little. He is controversial with less than average results and despite the perception, the program is heading in the wrong direction.
        This is why I say that.
        Our CCHA record in Coach Anzalone’s final year was 8-14-6 for 22 points and we were showing improvement on the ice. Our CCHA record this year was 11-15-2. If there were no shoot-outs such as next year and points were calculated the same that was good for 24 points. On top of that, the 2004-05 team lost four games in OT where no points were earned. Two ties or a single win and the point totals are identical. We had more CCHA losses this year than we did in Coach Anzalone’s last year. That’s the reality of our state of affairs. On top of that, our cupboard is pretty bare heading forward. Next year is going to be a struggle to say the least and everyone knows it.
        To answer the above question, it’s pretty obvious who contacted the writer. Coach Anzalone talked about leaving the first time around and was released of his duties. It’s time to force Coach Roques hand, save some self respect and move in a more positive direction.

Comment

Thank god that someone else sees a team coming back next year that has very little talent if any. Roques 8th year . More losses than any year he has coached.
          Last edited by sm2pk; 05-15-2013, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Gwoz . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by DM2SM View Post
              I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE STATUS OF THE PROJECT. WHY SO SILENT?
              Why don't you e-mail or call Tom Coates, LSSU's Foundation Director. If he won't tell you, no one will.

Comment

Originally posted by DM2SM View Post
                To answer the above question, it’s pretty obvious who contacted the writer.
                So who is this obvious person who contacted the writer?

Comment

For $90,000
                  x3
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    x3
                    And that figure won't even include all the bonuses and perks he's eventually going to get, plus increased salaries for his assistants, and a bigger travel & recruiting budget.

Gwoz is holding out for a big name university. It's why he was a finalist for the UConn job, but there are no rumors of Maine, a program with a strong history and tradition, even chatting with him.

Look for him to sit out a year and possibly land at Wisconsin when Eaves is canned after another slightly above average year and dwindling attendance numbers.

Comment

If Roque shuffles off to Buffalo; I think Ron Fogarty from Adrian College should be looked at closely.
                      Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
                        If Roque shuffles off to Buffalo; I think Ron Fogarty from Adrian College should be looked at closely.

http://queencitysports.net/report-ro...oque-to-staff/

Comment

As totally ridiculous as it seems, maybe Roque's buddy is going to hire him in Buffalo. We see on here and up there how loyal his buddies and apologists are. Could this be why Jimbo's "unnamed donor" friend has gone into hiding and pulled the plug?

I hope the rumors are true and he is gone so more kids up there get a fair shake if they, or a parent, or a fan, or anyone dare challenge this man on something they see as wrong.

The Truth Is Out There...
                          TBA
                          Last edited by Truth Squad; 05-16-2013, 01:42 PM.

Comment

My thought is: He is gone. They are all just hammering out money details and contract issues with LSSU. The news broke before all the parties were ready to announce.

Since both coaches are LSSU products, I suspect they may be making sure that if and when Coach Roque leaves for Buffalo, LSSU has a new coach in place so it doesn't damage the program.

Comment

The suspense over Roque and the Norris Center Project is killing me. This off season certainly has been very eventful.

I wonder when the CCHA website will be shutdown?
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

July is supposed to be the big month for Norris Center Project upgrades. Let's see what happens then.

Comment

Working...
                                X