This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Yeah yeah, Spock is the 3rd movie. So sue me.

Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Maine Summer II: The Wrath of Corkum?
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
      Maine Summer II: The Wrath of Corkum?
      Wrath? I expect he'll be a happy guy once that "interim" tag is removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        Really, that's the only question left, right? Is what we all expect to happen . . . going to happen? Or will there actually be a surprise?
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Boy that other thread filled up fast. Wonder what all the excitement was about?
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Boy that other thread filled up fast. Wonder what all the excitement was about?
            Lots of good pizza.

Comment

Lots of good pizza.
              And Po' Boys & Pickles, New Orleans style sandwiches from Portland. I never commented on them in the other thread, but I do give my endorsement, especially on their fried pickles!

Comment

Is that because of the FOMH & Metcalf influence..?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  Is that because of the FOMH & Metcalf influence..?
                  No, I think it has more to do with the FUBAR influence. Whatever FOMH and Metcalf may want is irrelevant. The school wanted Corkum, maneuvered him into position by giving him that interim tag and this farce of committee will rubber stamp it. If someone else is picked I'll be shocked. The great part will be when the school tries to convince us the committee picked him and this wasn't the plan the whole time. Let me reiterate that I don't know if he's the best choice but this process is completely unfair to him. His window for success is going to be incredibly small and will close quickly.

Comment

No, I think it has more to do with the FUBAR influence. Whatever FOMH and Metcalf may want is irrelevant. The school wanted Corkum, maneuvered him into position by giving him that interim tag and this farce of committee will rubber stamp it. If someone else is picked I'll be shocked. The great part will be when the school tries to convince us the committee picked him and this wasn't the plan the whole time. Let me reiterate that I don't know if he's the best choice but this process is completely unfair to him. His window for success is going to be incredibly small and will close quickly.
                    His window of success has got to be at least 5 years. Thats what we gave the dunce that preceeded him. Too bad the University is so chicken chit they have to make the decision under the "ruse" of a selection committee just so that if something goes astray they can blame them.
                    sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                      His window of success has got to be at least 5 years. Thats what we gave the dunce that preceeded him. Too bad the University is so chicken chit they have to make the decision under the "ruse" of a selection committee just so that if something goes astray they can blame them.
                      His window will include the end of the Whitehead years, so it's already pretty small. If Jimmy has success at Denver it will get even smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                        Not really, cause that dunce wasn't compared game in and game out to what some other coach was doing at a program half a continent away, a coach that could have been there instead of him. He only had the misfortune to be compared to a dead guy, and no matter how badly he came up lacking, there wasn't a whole lot to be done in that case.

If Corkum falters, and Montgomery has a bunch of success at denver, the internet nutcases, and probably a whole lot of other folks, will never let him hear the end of it.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

He has 3 years at best, maybe less before the fanatics start to grumble
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

WHo is your source?

I have heard both that Corkum is a done deal from people close to the program, and have heard be patient that this is not at all a done deal from very reliable folks, saying there is someone out there Maine is waiting to talk too. I am not going to get into the fray and have no idea aside from the FU what FUBAR might be, but I have pledged to be patient on this, though it is very difficult. Personally I have no problem with Corkum and he "could" be the right guy, but he certainly is not going to bring back the fans and the donor money until the team starts winning. But I would be shocked if they made this move to put Corkum in place. They could have done it mid-season and given the reins to Corkum to see if it was a good fit. So still would be surprised if he is the guy. Obviously Jimmy would have sold tickets and brought in money. The questions is, is there someone else who can do that? I don't want to speculate who that might be.
                            Last edited by BobF; 04-19-2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                              WHo is your source?

I have heard both that Corkum is a done deal from people close to the program, and have heard be patient that this is not at all a done deal from very reliable folks, saying there is someone out there Maine is waiting to talk too. I am not going to get into the fray and have no idea aside from the FU what FUBAR might be, but I have pledged to be patient on this, though it is very difficult. Personally I have no problem with Corkum and he "could" be the right guy, but he certainly is not going to bring back the fans and the donor money until the team starts winning. But I would be shocked if they made this move to put Corkum in place. They could have done it mid-season and given the reins to Corkum to see if it was a good fit. So still would be surprised if he is the guy. Obviously Jimmy would have sold tickets and brought in money. The questions is, is there someone else who can do that? I don't want to speculate who that might be.
                              My source is me This is what I think. No one else's opinion but my own - although I have heard it repeated in other places.

FUBAR is German...

Comment

Working...
                              X