X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    I don't see either of them coming back, but we'll have to wait and see. he may want one of them for continuity???
    Continuity of shooting high and wide (something Kerluke did quite well as a player)? Continuity of not knowing what to do when crossing the attacking blue line? Continuity of not completing 3 consecutive passes - at least early in the season? I will admit they got much better at passing as the season went on.

Of the assistants, I would like to see Kerluke go. I like him as a person but I question his in game strategies and teaching qualities not to mention his ability to bring in recruits. The practice regimen has to be stepped-up too.

Comment

Originally posted by MEbear View Post
      Corkum stated the truth and what all of us already knew and there's nothing unprofessional about that, and he waited to say it until it wouldn't undermine Whitehead as the coach and hurt the program. If you can imagine the extreme frustration he must have endured, I think he should be commended for not blurting it out a few years ago and it might have helped the team if he had. I frankly get sick of coaches and sports media who are always sugarcoating everything and never really assigning or taking responsibility for even obvious failures.
      So he spoke the truth. Congrats. He was the ASSISTANT. His job was to ASSIST. Whitehead was running the program, and Corkum reported to him. If Corkum didn't like it, no one was forcing him to stay at UMaine. There are other jobs out there, and he would always have been able to interview at UMaine at a later date if the job opened up.

IF you are a head coach, and you need assistants you can trust ... are you going to hire a guy who has his own agenda, and will bury you the first chance he gets??????????
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....rs-hockey-east

Our timeline of Red Gendron's career, year-by-year.
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          That, to me, is loyalty. It may be time to come back.
          Assuming he were interested that would be a great move for Maine

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

IF you are a head coach, and you need assistants you can trust ... are you going to hire a guy who has his own agenda, and will bury you the first chance he gets??????????
            He was no longer head coach when Corkum spoke up.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              I think the point is more that its clear from BCs comments that he wasnt supportive of TW when he was the coach. Whether TW was doing the right things or not he is doomed to fail if he an asst or assts who are undermining his authority from within. BC may not have spoken out publicly before but he clearly had not bought in....and you cant hide that from people no matter how hard you try.

That would absolutely be a red flag for me...

Comment

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
                I think the point is more that its clear from BCs comments that he wasnt supportive of TW when he was the coach. Whether TW was doing the right things or not he is doomed to fail if he an asst or assts who are undermining his authority from within. BC may not have spoken out publicly before but he clearly had not bought in....and you cant hide that from people no matter how hard you try.

if he wasn't supportive while Tim was coach why didn't Tim fire him? You guys want to blame everyone but the man himself.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Exactly. At least Corkum had the ballz to tell it like it was without hurting Timmay's feelings, sniff, sniff. More than can be said for most of the UHN fans who seemed strangely obssessed with this whole matter....maybe they had their feelings touched up a bit
                  sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    So he spoke the truth. Congrats. He was the ASSISTANT. His job was to ASSIST. Whitehead was running the program, and Corkum reported to him. If Corkum didn't like it, no one was forcing him to stay at UMaine. There are other jobs out there, and he would always have been able to interview at UMaine at a later date if the job opened up.

This wasn't his first chance, he had plenty of chances long before this spring! As long as Whitehead was Maine's head coach and was his boss, he was entirely loyal, but once Whitehead was no longer connected with the UMaine program, his loyalty properly shifted to those who WERE still a part of Maine hockey, the players and the fans. We all saw over and over that there was a lack of accountability and taking responsibility and that needed to change, and I don't see Corkum saying that as being anything too terrible, especially when we all know it's true.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      if he wasn't supportive while Tim was coach why didn't Tim fire him? You guys want to blame everyone but the man himself.
                      Tim may not have realized how disgruntled he was? Players arent winning and arent happy....BC isnt happy....who knows what was said or done behind the scenes and whatever facade of support may have been there.

Possible to hide from a head coach if you dont buy in? Absolutely. From 30 players on the team? Definitely not. Im not saying Tim shouldnt have been let go but who knows what might have happened if everyone had just sucked up their pride and bought in instead of pulling in different directions on the same rope?

Comment

If Whitehead didnt like the way things were, he always had the option to let his assistants go. Truth of the matter is that Timmay was lost without the help he got. I am amazed that Corkum stayed loyal as long as he did in the face of Whiteheads incompetence.
                        sure why not

Comment

Tim may not have realized how disgruntled he was? Players arent winning and arent happy....BC isnt happy....who knows what was said or done behind the scenes and whatever facade of support may have been there.

Possible to hide from a head coach if you dont buy in? Absolutely. From 30 players on the team? Definitely not. Im not saying Tim shouldnt have been let go but who knows what might have happened if everyone had just sucked up their pride and bought in instead of pulling in different directions on the same rope?
                          Look, BC was disgruntled, Campbell Blair was disgruntled, Grant was, Guy was, is there some kind of pattern there? Who is common throughout?

Comment

That's an interesting story line you've got going there, but it's NOT what happened to Maine hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by MEbear View Post
                              That's an interesting story line you've got going there, but it's NOT what happened to Maine hockey.
                              It is very simple
                              Whitehead lived of SW's efforts and when that ran out they sucked. Gendron needs to get it back or they will fail, period.....

The teams he won with were because of Walsh

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                                It is very simple
                                Whitehead lived of SW's efforts and when that ran out they sucked. Gendron needs to get it back or they will fail, period.....

The teams he won with were because of Walsh
                                Originally posted by MEbear View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X