X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Gendron has been offered the job
    My twitter has been going bananas (see what I did there?) for the last 40 minutes or so... CHN says three sources...Red is first choice, Osiecki #2...

AAAAnnnnnd...Melissa Kim is the last one on the bus...an hour after she tweets about her 'mini-vacation'...so much for that!
    Last edited by revoman; 05-24-2013, 08:41 PM.
    Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

SOURCES: MAINE WILL OFFER JOB TO GENDRON
      http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...will_offer.php

Comment

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/05/2...t-red-gendron/

Larry's got it now, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larson210 View Post

I've said two things all along---first, was that forming a committee was not some big sham to lend bob corkum credibility... If they wanted corkum they would have hired corkum right away...the guy had no chance...

Second, jack capuano coming back to Maine was soooo completely unrealistic that it was not even funny. Numerous posters on here were really reaching with their claims of, "I'm sure he'd like to home for dinner every night." Oh yea...leave 800k a year on the table just so he can be home for dinner, lol....

Red will do a good job. He really needs a good recruiter though and it's not bob corkum or kerluke...

As a unh fan I am very happy with this hire

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Wow, dropped in here to see what you guys were saying about gendron and I'm shocked. Everything I've seen on twitter is this is a great higher of someone that should have gotten a chance to be hc awhile ago.
            Funny no one's offered an answer to the easy question.....if he's so good, why didn't he get that chance?

Add: You know what? Screw it. Maybe it'll be alright......what other choice do we have but to hop on board Team Red?
            Last edited by BoSox3066; 05-24-2013, 09:25 PM.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Considering the names we heard today, I am pleasantly surprised. I'm not as excited as if it had been Gwoz, but I am genuinely happy for Red. He was the assistant for my years with the team and I have already heard from a current player that they are excited to get started. It is so weird...back then Red seemed like a natural successor to Shawn, then he left and became a lifelong assistant. Now all these years later he is back. One thing I can promise is that we will see one of the best-conditioned teams in Hockey East. I expect the dryland training will be epic.

Comment

Originally posted by priceless View Post
                one thing i can promise is that we will see one of the best-conditioned teams in hockey east. I expect the dryland training will be epic.
                yay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  since based on his current appearance, he needs a new nickname other than 'red', i propose his new nickname be 'whitehead'.

:d
                  lol!

Comment

Originally posted by dover4345 View Post
                    I've said two things all along---first, was that forming a committee was not some big sham to lend bob corkum credibility... If they wanted corkum they would have hired corkum right away...the guy had no chance...

Second, jack capuano coming back to Maine was soooo completely unrealistic that it was not even funny. Numerous posters on here were really reaching with their claims of, "I'm sure he'd like to home for dinner every night." Oh yea...leave 800k a year on the table just so he can be home for dinner, lol....

Red will do a good job. He really needs a good recruiter though and it's not bob corkum or kerluke...

As a unh fan I am very happy with this hire
                    congrats. you bet "the field" and won... way to go out on a limb....

Comment

i'm intrigued by the hiring... say what you will about the "career assistant" role... he was on a championship staff at maine, nj, and yale...hopefully, it's not a coincidence... better selection than tortorella, for sure... oz would have been interesting too given the midwest/how are his ushl contacts perspective...

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                        Well, it cant be Tortorella because Hokeydad said it will be Corkum....enuff said.
                        Hokeydad was...........................wrong again.

Comment

The Reports(many)say he'll be offered the Job,remember how crazy this search has gone...Gendron could say Thanks but No Thanks..possible.

Comment

This supposedly-earnest "search" crashed and burned a while ago, but I'm still very disappointed with the finalists, no matter who gets the nod... Timmy drove this program to the brink, and then Abbott pushed it off the cliff.

Red-nose is a nice guy, he might curry favor in Quebec via speaking French, but I have a feeling that Maine won't rise-up from the ashes in my lifetime. My only hope is that Gendron retains Corks, because it's certainly going to take a group-effort to keep Maine's nose above water for a long while.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              This supposedly-earnest "search" crashed and burned a while ago, but I'm still very disappointed with the finalists, no matter who gets the nod... Timmy drove this program to the brink, and then Abbott pushed it off the cliff.

Red-nose is a nice guy, he might curry favor in Quebec via speaking French, but I have a feeling that Maine won't rise-up from the ashes in my lifetime. My only hope is that Gendron retains Corks, because it's certainly going to take a group-effort to keep Maine's nose above water for a long while.
                              I'd put it at 0.01% chance Corkum is retained. I'll have a story Saturday afternoon at SBNation's college hockey blog detailing why I believe Gendron will succeed at Maine. I believe Gwozdecky, Leaman, Montgomery would have been better choices, but those three didn't work out.

Here is our story on Gendron being offered the position:
                              http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....k-bears-hockey
                              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

I hope you're right... Still not excited about the choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X