X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    ????? are you for real..?
    Yeah, I just didn't really think he was in the mix.

Hoky, I hope you are wrong.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
      Nick Coit on WABI just said Tuesday is still planned, doing backchecks as we speak, etc. Nothing real new.
      You saw the WABI report? Did Abbott say there would be a meet n greet for fans or a meet n greet for fans WITH THE NEW COACH? That is kinda an important distinction

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        You saw the WABI report? Did Abbott say there would be a meet n greet for fans or a meet n greet for fans WITH THE NEW COACH? That is kinda an important distinction
        I saw the report also...stated by WABI Sports Announcer that there was a CHANCE at naming the New Coach on Tuesday...with that said a Press Conference would be held at 1pm and then later "IF" a New Coach was named on that day that there would be a gathering from 5pm - 7pm. A lot of "IF's".

Comment

Yes. He said media availability with new coach at 1pm. Fans meet new coach at Seasons in Bangor from 5-7. That is current plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            Gendron has been offered the job
            The Maine faithful are beating down the door to the ticket office as we speak
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              next time they'll learn... when you let news leak do it before 7p and make sure the ticket office is open!
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                Only positive to this if true is that he'll be in a nursing home in a few years so we won't be stuck with him long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                  Only positive to this if true is that he'll be in a nursing home in a few years so we won't be stuck with him long term.
                  Maybe more French-Canadian players? Tough to go up against the Q, but a French-speaking HC might help. Might. I'm trying, here
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Latest rumor is that we've been focused on the wrong Tortorella. It's really John. The reason for Tuesday is they're waiting for him to lose to the Bruins on Saturday.
                    You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
                    ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
                    ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
                    ...you hate UNH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      Have you anything to substantiate that claim?
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Since based on his current appearance, he needs a new nickname other than 'Red', I propose his new nickname be 'Whitehead'.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maineiak View Post
                          Latest rumor is that we've been focused on the wrong Tortorella. It's really John. The reason for Tuesday is they're waiting for him to lose to the Bruins on Saturday.
                          Why should we trust a business casual dressed bus driver?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Since based on his current appearance, he needs a new nickname other than 'Red', I propose his new nickname be 'Whitehead'.

You little beetch you
                            sure why not

Comment

Well as much sense as my posts made on why Cap might come to Maine, regardless of how ridiculous it would seem, I was WRONG! Not Cap, Not Cronin, Not Corkum as many others were certain of, but Red, White and Gray Gendron.

Boy I hope this is the right hire? Because Montgomery would have made a hell of a lot more sense to get the fan base excited. I loved the way Yale played hockey when I was in Pittsburgh and hated the way UMASS played when Red was there. So interested in finding out what Red's philosophy will be. Also curious who his hires as assistants will be. Don't expect Corkum to be here with this hire, is Kerluke still onboard? Shocked it took this long to hire a coach when it was one of the early applicants and think the whole talk about how deep the pool of applicants was is now a joke. Abbott is now closer to William "Bud" Abbott in terms of believability. So we know who is behind the bench but not who is in first! But unlikely to be Maine in the short term. No $ from me until I see some results!

Comment

Wow, dropped in here to see what you guys were saying about gendron and I'm shocked. Everything I've seen on twitter is this is a great higher of someone that should have gotten a chance to be hc awhile ago.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X