PDA

View Full Version : Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51

irishfan85
05-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Sarcasm. Obviously Grant is a lot better...I'm just more dissing the lack of help from admin and Whitehead's lack of passion having some dope from Canada do the goaltending coach via skype.

Priceless
05-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Whoops, forgot about the most important guy in Maine hockey...my bad. Who's the kid from Waterville, defenseman that owns Rivalrys....name slips my mind.
Jeff Libby. We played against him in high school. Kid was a nightmare. If not for a skate blade who knows what could have been.

Priceless
05-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Sarcasm. Obviously Grant is a lot better...I'm just more dissing the lack of help from admin and Whitehead's lack of passion having some dope from Canada do the goaltending coach via skype.

Some of us understood your sarcasm :)

gscott13
05-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Jeff Libby. We played against him in high school. Kid was a nightmare. If not for a skate blade who knows what could have been.

played against him as well... he made clukey what he was...

gscott13
05-29-2013, 01:54 PM

roll eyes emoticon got me... i think it goes without saying, grant could coach these guys over the phone better than alexander could in person....

all bear
05-29-2013, 01:56 PM

Son played against him growing up. When the puck on his stick, watch out.

all bear
05-29-2013, 01:57 PM

Which was what..aI high scoring , ticking time bomb on quayludes ?? :D

Priceless
05-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Don't even get me started. I have never encountered anyone with so much talent that just didn't care enough to develop it. He took a gift that others would kill for and threw it away.

gscott13
05-29-2013, 02:02 PM
Which was what..aI high scoring , ticking time bomb on quayludes ?? :D

jeebus! :D

i was thinking a kid with a hell of a shot.... i just remember libby and charrier each having somewhere in the neighborhood of 60+ assists the year clukey went for 91 goals... he broke the old record against us... a kid that i still play men's league with jokes around that he wound up on national tv (scholastic sports america) as he stepped out from behind the net made a cross ice pass right onto clukey's tape.... a half second later it was in the back of our net....

gscott13
05-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Don't even get me started. I have never encountered anyone with so much talent that just didn't care enough to develop it. He took a gift that others would kill for and threw it away.

agreed. there's a reason why he left governor dummer and came back to maine hs hockey and it had everything to do with what was (or wasn't) between his ears.... and i assume it was more of the same as he made is way to the echl.

Aerman
05-29-2013, 02:16 PM
throw these out....some not reasonable, in no particular order:

Guy perron
jean yves roy
eric weinrich
Johntortorella
tim whitehead :)
peter metcalf
greg hirch
campbell blair

fyp :D

BoSox3066
05-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Who did Guy Perron recruit? He was briefly head recruiter when Grant shifted to volunteer assistant, IIRC, and that time in my mind coincides with Wes Clark being the team's leading scorer....so I guess my question is why do we want him in that role? I don't remember him getting much talent for the women's team when he was HC either, budget issues and all that aside. Good hockey mind, good on the board I'm sure but can he recruit?

DoubleA
05-29-2013, 02:32 PM
Yep, players pretty much summed up everything we've been saying all along about Timmay's (lack of) game preparation and practice.
Never mind Timmay. That's over. Done. We got our wish.

Don't post his name ever again on this forum board. Not you all bear, just all of us in this Maine Hockey nuthouse. Name all the good things that can happen to Maine Hockey by putting his name in another post here... That's what I thought... None.

Allagash
05-29-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm excited about maine hockey right now, it's a wierd feeling, it has been so long since i felt this way. Seems like a dark cloud has parted over alfond and the sun is starting to peak through.

I think we should give some kudos to abbott. Not many people thought whitehead would be fired/bought out and I think he made a great hire with Gendron, even for some reason if it doesn't work out down the road, but I think it will..

all bear
05-29-2013, 03:02 PM
I'm excited about maine hockey right now, it's a wierd feeling, it has been so long since i felt this way. Seems like a dark cloud has parted over alfond and the sun is starting to peak through.

I think we should give some kudos to abbott. Not many people thought whitehead would be fired/bought out and I think he made a great hire with Gendron, even for some reason if it doesn't work out down the road, but I think it will..

Yeah, agree....nutcases were wrong on some accounts. I think Abbott should be applauded for the job he's done orchestrating this.

Runsub5
05-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Who did Guy Perron recruit? He was briefly head recruiter when Grant shifted to volunteer assistant, IIRC, and that time in my mind coincides with Wes Clark being the team's leading scorer....so I guess my question is why do we want him in that role? I don't remember him getting much talent for the women's team when he was HC either, budget issues and all that aside. Good hockey mind, good on the board I'm sure but can he recruit?

That's how I remember the short Perron era. Not sure why he would be a top selection, he couldn't recruit.

Runsub5
05-29-2013, 03:58 PM
............Gendron has very good credentials as an assistant coach, but it is always a roll of the dice if good assistants can make good head coaches. Some do, some don't.

There are very few quick fixes, outside of Bazin and Lowell. So Mainiacs will need to give the Captain some time to right the ship.

You make a very good point. It's the roll of the dice in many ways. I have wondered why it has taken so many years for him to finally make the transition to head coach. I hope he is very successful.

walrus
05-29-2013, 04:28 PM
That's how I remember the short Perron era. Not sure why he would be a top selection, he couldn't recruit.
Same way I remember it but its possible he brought in players that Tim didn't like but could have made contributions or Tim couldn't close the deal?

Pucknut
05-29-2013, 04:29 PM
i agree. i think he wants his own guys in there and given that neither were in attendance yesterday, one can only assume that to be the case... red's comment "To dismiss them without talking to them would be inappropriate" suggests that the decision has been made to dismiss them.

i also agree that when you've got a couple players saying "we wanted bob," you have little choice but to cut ties....

Players don't decide who plays or who sits nor does the press so let's wait and see what Red does.

LTsatch
05-29-2013, 04:38 PM

My neighbor Wayne Conlan comes to mind, could have been a pro, but would rather hunt and fish up there. Good kid though.