X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Steve Abbott in a PPH update on the selection

"We are continuing the process and I am hoping to be able to extend an offer to a coach over the weekend," he said Friday while attending the America East baseball tournament. "We are planning on announcing a new coach next week, perhaps as early as Tuesday."

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post

"We are continuing the process and I am hoping to be able to extend an offer to a coach over the weekend," he said Friday while attending the America East baseball tournament. "We are planning on announcing a new coach next week, perhaps as early as Tuesday."
      There has to be someone out there that THE COMMITTEE is eyeing and waiting for a answer on there offer...well Application to the Position(imo)...the rest are fall-backs...well not Corkum,he's more or less the 50/50 in a lot of people's minds to this date,the rest as in Gendron/Tortorella/Osiecki...are in the mix...but my last I wonder WHY no one has talked to George Gwozdecky...I hear the same old/same old = age factor(59)...that's B.S imo and of course the Co$t of a New Deal for him,another B.S. ---If they want to jump start this Program,give this a NEW Sense of direction that will pull fans in/pull in recruits/and pull in NEW Donors along with New Season Ticket buyers along with the people that would go for 4-5 games a year....I can't wait for Tuesday(if that's the day)...but then hell may break loose also with the announcement...what a Unorganized Organization(The "U" Atheletic Dept.)

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post

Did someone in the athletic department jump the gun by saying they'd be having the announcement Tuesday at 4:30 and a Meet the Coach event for fans at 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          Did someone in the athletic department jump the gun by saying they'd be having the announcement Tuesday at 4:30 and a Meet the Coach event for fans at 5?
          Is this a Question or are saying someone said Coach Hiring @ 4:30/Meet and Greet @ 5..?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            Is this a Question or are saying someone said Coach Hiring @ 4:30/Meet and Greet @ 5..?
            Yeah, it was posted by Seasons earlier today. The announcement was supposed to be made live on the radio at 430 (with Rich Kimball IIRC) followed by a social at Seasons at 5. That post has since disappeared from their timeline.

Is this operation being run by Larry, Moe or Curly?

ETA: Rich Kimball just confirmed that the new coach will be on his show on Tuesday.

News Center is reporting that the offer has NOT been made to the candidate yet.
            Last edited by Priceless; 05-24-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Well, it cant be Tortorella because Hokeydad said it will be Corkum....enuff said.
              sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                Yeah, it was posted by Seasons earlier today. The announcement was supposed to be made live on the radio at 430 (with Rich Kimball IIRC) followed by a social at Seasons at 5. That post has since disappeared from their timeline.

Is this operation being run by Larry, Moe or Curly?

ETA: Rich Kimball just confirmed that the new coach will be on his show on Tuesday.

News Center is reporting that the offer has NOT been made to the candidate yet.
                You can ONLY shake your head and laugh...but this has all makings of I can't believe it again.

Comment

Mark Osiecki re-tweeted the following five hours ago: "Trust is central to doing business with anyone. Without it, you have another word that that begins with T: Trouble."

He also tweeted he was on airplane yesterday so that could validate the reports of him visiting UMaine earlier.

Comment

The longer this stays silent, the more I tend to think Osiecki. If Gendron or Tortorella, a leak from Yale/UNH could occur.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                      Mark Osiecki re-tweeted the following five hours ago: "Trust is central to doing business with anyone. Without it, you have another word that that begins with T: Trouble."
                      he has retweeted 16 posts by that harvey mackay guy... i wouldn't read too much into it... the guy is some sort of inspirational book author

Comment

Nick Coit on WABI just said Tuesday is still planned, doing backchecks as we speak, etc. Nothing real new.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post

He also tweeted he was on airplane yesterday so that could validate the reports of him visiting UMaine earlier.
                          I didn't know anything about Osiecki until a couple hours ago, but he looks to be a real good candidate. He is definitely a lot better than Red or Tortorella.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Gendron has been offered the job

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              I didn't know anything about Osiecki until a couple hours ago, but he looks to be a real good candidate. He is definitely a lot better than Red or Tortorella.
                              ????? are you for real..?

Comment

Yes. I'd prefer Osiecki over Gendron/Tortorella. He's YOUNG, motivated, really good recruiter, USHL connections. Gendron is 59!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X