X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
    Looks like I'll continue to save money. In my wildest dreams I never would have imagined a downgrade from Whitehead, but that appears to be the case.
    Folks are convinced its Torts? That ain't going to go over well, that name won't fill Alfond on its own, thats for sure.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
      Looks like I'll continue to save money. In my wildest dreams I never would have imagined a downgrade from Whitehead, but that appears to be the case.
      Not to toot my own horn, but didn't I say for years be careful what you wish for? He definitely isn't my first choice either, but I sincerely hopes everyone gives him a chance. Our support is what the program needs to get back to where it was (a coach like Shawn would obviously help to, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards).
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        It was posted on the Facebook page that his wife met with a realtor yesterday to put the house on the market. I had a reporter looking for a second source on the announcement of Corkum being Monday, another reporter is looking for a second source that the new coach is someone else (neither Corkum nor Capuano) and the announcement will be Tuesday. This promises to be an eventful weekend.
        Posted on "the facebook page"??? Who's page?

No offense to Jim, but if we hire Jim Tortorella, and it took this long to do it I will be completely underwhelmed! Had heard rumblings they were waiting for NHL season to end to talk to a few applicants. We hear there is an impressive group of applicants, but they only confirm the same 4, for the most part unimpressive lot, I refuse to believe this. If it is Jim T., then clearly we got the wrong Jim and this will do nothing to fire up the fan base. Unless of course John shows up and challenges to fight us unless we throw our support behind Jim.

Guess I'll wait like the rest of you. Was at Maine with Jim, good goaltender, has had a nice career in coaching, but talk about a "safe" and "dull" pick. Isn't that what we had before?

Comment

BREAKING NEWS!

Well, not really. Not even worth clicking.
          You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
          ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
          ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
          ...you hate UNH.

Comment

I'm not going to get upset over something that hasn't happened yet.

But if it's Tortorella, I won't be that happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Not to toot my own horn, but didn't I say for years be careful what you wish for? He definitely isn't my first choice either, but I sincerely hopes everyone gives him a chance. Our support is what the program needs to get back to where it was (a coach like Shawn would obviously help to, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards).
              *cough*

Originally posted by BobF View Post
              Posted on "the facebook page"??? Who's page?
              The Facebook group that had been touted in this thread has morphed into a group for University of Maine Hockey Fans. It's where Bob posted his letter (via Laura Reed) before coming here.

Comment

Oz is supposed to be one of the 2 finalists

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Oz is supposed to be one of the 2 finalists
                  I'd rather have him than Tortorella, but it's hard to get excited about either one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                    I'd rather have him than Tortorella, but it's hard to get excited about either one.
                    Who knows what is right at this point, you have guys digging to get the scoop and throwing names out there. Not sure why you'd have to protect Oz's name from being made public, he doesn't even have a job.

Comment

It's on Twitter via Mike McMahon so I can confirm that Maine hasn't made a final pick yet. They have announced that there will be an announcement on Tuesday at 4:30, but they still haven't decided what they're going to announce yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        It's on Twitter via Mike McMahon so I can confirm that Maine hasn't made a final pick yet. They have announced that there will be an announcement on Tuesday at 4:30, but they still haven't decided what they're going to announce yet.
                        Now THIS sounds like the University of Maine athletic department we know and love.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          Mahoney's story says the same thing. I hope they don't blow this.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

They already have.
                            When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Too late.

According to Jeff Cox the finalists are Osiecki and either Gendron or Tortorella.

That'll sure get people excizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Waaa-aaah! Will I save MORE money next season and not renew my season's tix? Probably.
                                Tort and Oz. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"
                                Michael

Q: What do snow and UNH have in common?

A: They both melt away in March.

Comment

Working...
                                X