X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Is there anyone remaining that would make the fans happy?
    Gwoz.

In order, power ranking list of what would make me personally happy as a fan:
    1. Gwoz
    2. Cap
    3. Corkum
    4. Oz
    5. Red
    6. Torts

Honestly, if its not one of the first three or a major darkhorse no one's talking about, I'd have rather kept Whitehead for one more year.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
      Gwoz.

In order, power ranking list of what would make me personally happy as a fan:
      1. Gwoz
      2. Cap
      3. Corkum
      4. Oz
      5. Red
      6. Torts

Honestly, if its not one of the first three or a major darkhorse no one's talking about, I'd have rather kept Whitehead for one more year.
      Gwoz ain't coming, Cap doesn't make sense money wise, Corkum, I see as the favorite, the rest suck
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Meet the new coach at Seasons Resturaunt Main st Bangor Maine at 4.30 pm Tuesday May 28 during the Rich Kimball radio show. Just saw this posted on the facebook page
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Gwoz ain't coming, Cap doesn't make sense money wise, Corkum, I see as the favorite, the rest suck
          If we support whoever gets the job they have a lot better chance of being successful than if we don't support them. I'm just happy to draw a line under the last six or seven years. The team next year is going to have some talent and hopefully whoever is coach can get the most out of them.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

If its Tortorella count me as unimpressed. Dont tell me this 'committee' could have spent all this time and this is the best they can do.
            sure why not

Comment

It is not Corkum. He's been told it's not him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                So has Maine's schedule been put out yet..? 34 games/20 Hockey East & 14 OOC...the OOC are..? Vermont(2)UMass(2)AIC(2)St.Lawrence(2)FLA.Classic= Princeton(1)/and either Cornell or UNH(1)...Portland game..? Figure 10 of the 14 OOC are set..? Anyone know the other four and if the above that I put down are not right.

Maine will be travelling to Hamden, CT to play one game at Quinnipiac this coming season. Date yet to be announced.

Comment

wait, which torts? could be john once he's fired!!!

Comment

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....ano-bob-corkum

Updated my story from last night to add the certainty of Tuesday presser and no Corkum.
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                      If its Tortorella count me as unimpressed. Dont tell me this 'committee' could have spent all this time and this is the best they can do.
                      Gwozdecky, Capuano, and Montgomery would have been exciting choices.

The successful, if egomaniacal, Eastern Junior coach would have been intriguing. High-risk, high-reward?

Corkum . . . I would definitely give him a chance to demonstrate what he'd do at the helm. I'd give him a chance to prove me wrong. But I can't get past the fact that his tenure coincides almost perfectly with the bottom falling out. I just can't.

Red Gendron? I don't think so. But then I'm the crazy person who thinks that the landscape of college hockey has changed so much that I don't put much value on ties to the 92-93 season. And I can't get past the career assistant thing.

Jim Tortorella, Pellerin, and/or Osiecki? I guess I'll hang around and watch from afar. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.Best I can do.
                      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        wait, which torts? could be john once he's fired!!!
                        Hey, I'm glad I got the job and all, but this search committee stinks. I tried talking to the committee, but they stink. So I've just decided to give myself the job. The committee is trying, and they have talent. But they just stink at searching.
                        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                          Gwozdecky, Capuano, and Montgomery would have been exciting choices.

The successful, if egomaniacal, Eastern Junior coach would have been intriguing. High-risk, high-reward?

Corkum . . . I would definitely give him a chance to demonstrate what he'd do at the helm. I'd give him a chance to prove me wrong. But I can't get past the fact that his tenure coincides almost perfectly with the bottom falling out. I just can't.

Red Gendron? I don't think so. But then I'm the crazy person who thinks that the landscape of college hockey has changed so much that I don't put much value on ties to the 92-93 season. And I can't get past the career assistant thing.

Jim Tortorella, Pellerin, and/or Osiecki? I guess I'll hang around and watch from afar. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.Best I can do.
                          agreed almost 100%

Comment

We used to go up against Torts when he coached at Cony. Never in a million years would I have predicted he would rise to become the head coach of the state's flagship team. I thought Brian McCloskey could but I am amazed Maine has apparently chosen Jim. Wow.

Comment

We used to go up against Torts when he coached at Cony. Never in a million years would I have predicted he would rise to become the head coach of the state's flagship team. I thought Brian McCloskey could but I am amazed Maine has apparently chosen Jim. Wow.
                              before he was at cony, he had coached at brunswick. i missed out on him coaching me because (my understanding) some parents didn't like how he treated the players.... he had some good talent at cony in the early 90's, just not enough to surpass waterville, lewiston, dom's and nya. Ed Washuk in net, Keith Deschamps, Bryan Cheever, drawing a blank as it's been a while, but they were solid.

those nya teams gutted brunswick/ararat (Couture, Couture, Hardin, Wallace, Saxton, Saxton, Coombs, Coombs, Coombs, Johnson, Treworgy, Flower)
                              Last edited by gscott13; 05-24-2013, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I am amazed Maine has apparently chosen Jim. Wow.
                                Looks like I'll continue to save money. In my wildest dreams I never would have imagined a downgrade from Whitehead, but that appears to be the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X