This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

So, are they going to announce Jack Capuano the head coach tomorrow or wait until Tuesday?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
      So, are they going to announce Jack Capuano the head coach tomorrow or wait until Tuesday?
      No announcement until next week.
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
        I have heard the announcement is going to be Monday, but that is a holiday so who knows. The team is supposedly going to be told before it is made public. They have not been told anything yet.

I've also heard that it isn't Cap.

Of course this info plus $5 will get you a small coffee at Starbuck's. No one knows anything for sure at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
          Amen! Loved Montgomery as a player and wish him the best. But I could care less about Denver!
          One postive about Montgomery going to Denver is that the Pioneers will most likely be on the schedule in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
            "Did Maine contact you about their head coaching position?"

"The Denver job came up and I couldn't pass it by even though I was interested in the Maine job."

Comes off as pretty evasive. Personally I want to be able to read the truth in an article regardless of what it is. If you are tired of reading his reality of what happened in this situation, then don't be mad at him...be mad at the people that insist on writing the same articles over and over and asking himt he same recycled questions time and again.

Again, he's not the one asking for these stories to be written or calling up the reporters to air some agenda he has with Maine.
            After the fact, I'm OK with Monty going elsewhere. When I think back, he smells like a mealy-mouthed front-runner to me, especially in light of recent events... Not sure at all that his success in Dubuque translates to anything on the next level.

Maine doesn't need another used-car salesman; Maine needs a guy who will install a do-or-die attitude.

If it's Corkum, that's fine, but what's the delay in getting the new regime installed, FCS?
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 05-24-2013, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              BU's schedule was announced today.

This verifies the game at Fenway will take the place of the league game at BU in November.
              So has Maine's schedule been put out yet..? 34 games/20 Hockey East & 14 OOC...the OOC are..? Vermont(2)UMass(2)AIC(2)St.Lawrence(2)FLA.Classic= Princeton(1)/and either Cornell or UNH(1)...Portland game..? Figure 10 of the 14 OOC are set..? Anyone know the other four and if the above that I put down are not right.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                So he has the job?

Comment

I heard a strong Tortarella rumor. But WTBleep do I know?
                  bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                  SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                  All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                  A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

No signs of Gwoz in Maine? Um he must be a. wanted coach.

Openings are filling quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                      I heard a strong Tortarella rumor. But WTBleep do I know?
                      It was posted on the Facebook page that his wife met with a realtor yesterday to put the house on the market. I had a reporter looking for a second source on the announcement of Corkum being Monday, another reporter is looking for a second source that the new coach is someone else (neither Corkum nor Capuano) and the announcement will be Tuesday. This promises to be an eventful weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Monday, another reporter is looking for a second source that the new coach is someone else (neither Corkum nor Capuano) and the announcement will be Tuesday. This promises to be an eventful weekend.
                        Oz or Gwoz?

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                          Oz or Gwoz?
                          I assume Torts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            I assume Torts.
                            Do you think fans are going to be happy with this? I just can't see him bringing much excitement back to the program. I hope I am wrong.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Do you think fans are going to be happy with this? I just can't see him bringing much excitement back to the program. I hope I am wrong.
                              Is there anyone remaining that would make the fans happy?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                                torts wasn't even the best DIII coach in maine during his time at Colby (Meagher/Bowdoin)
                                certainly not the splash i was/am hoping to see them make... nice coach, but it's not like colby was a d3 power when he was there (in 16 seasons, 1 Regular Season Title, 1 Conference Tourney Title, 1 D3 FF)... i was/am looking for them to go another route
                                Last edited by gscott13; 05-24-2013, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X