X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by all bear View Post
    It will be Capuano. All signs pointing to it.
    I will have a Pink Pony ticker parade if this happens.

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
      It will be Capuano. All signs pointing to it.
      I'm beginning to believe it. Read Abbott's quotes in Larry's article today. Fluid situation, rolling, no application deadline, you could come in and still apply today... Capuano came in late but is interested. Listen to this...This is important...It's been mentioned here a few times already but worth repeating: Cap's family lives here (Bangor) with one kid at Orono now and both come September. That's a very very strong lure in addition to the attraction of the job itself to a Black Bear hockey player.

He's never at home. He's gone all the time except for a short summer. Has been for years. That may have gotten old to him at this point. Who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        o. Capuano with Corkum as a top assistant with a careful choice of a solid recruiter. That would be an overhaul.
        Still need some one to coach D, Campbell Blair?
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          I don't know, but I see the same inability to make a decision at my work. You need 50,000 meetings to get anything done that involves multiple departments and it seems most of the people at the meetings don't have a ***** clue. I think they schedule meetings so they have something to do. If it didn't take a million person-hours to make a decision you could fire half of the administration.
          /removes BassAle from invitee list for cross-functional task force to set the agenda for a pre-meeting to select a consultant to advise us if we should form a committee to discuss the issue of segregated parking in Lot A.

//****ed that we can't use the comfy couch and flat panel TV in BassAle's office for said meeting
          You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
          ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
          ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
          ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Still need some one to coach D, Campbell Blair?
            Doesn't Capuano have the record for goals by a dman at Maine
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Maineiak View Post
              /removes BassAle from invitee list for cross-functional task force to set the agenda for a pre-meeting to select a consultant to advise us if we should form a committee to discuss the issue of segregated parking in Lot A.

//****ed that we can't use the comfy couch and flat panel TV in BassAle's office for said meeting
              Apparently you haven't sat on the couch in my office. I think they picked the most uncomfortable one they could buy on purpose
              The temporary one we borrowed from one of the lounge areas while we waited for this one was much better.

Comment

I wonder what Garth is saying to Jack. I bet he's telling him to go and bring back the glory.

Comment

Not if he thinks Jack can bring back the glory to the Isles. He may have some loyalty to Maine, but I'm betting Garth is far more loyal to his paycheck.
                  bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                  SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                  All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                  A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                    Not if Capuano is hired. BTW wasn't Capuano a two sport athlete? Or am I think of Tepper.
                    Neither. You may be thinking of Justin Tomberlin who played baseball. More recently Nolan Boike who walked on for hockey his senior year after playing Maine baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      Apparently you haven't sat on the couch in my office. I think they picked the most uncomfortable one they could buy on purpose
                      The temporary one we borrowed from one of the lounge areas while we waited for this one was much better.
                      It's practically like a dorm over there, so just go swap out the couch with the lounge couch after-hours. It'll be just like stealing common area dorm furniture. It'll take the "RAs" a while to figure it out.
                      You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
                      ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
                      ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
                      ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                        Neither. You may be thinking of Justin Tomberlin who played baseball. More recently Nolan Boike who walked on for hockey his senior year after playing Maine baseball.
                        Wayne Conlan was also a two-sport athlete, playing baseball in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                          I wonder what Garth is saying to Jack. I bet he's telling him to go and bring back the glory.
                          Agree...probably Garth realizes his boss is a maniac but can overlook it for the paycheck. Im guessing Capuano is a family man and is getting fed up with the life....Im also betting money is not a problem for him and his family.. .
                          sure why not

Comment

I'm sorry. I just dont see it. I think it is totally unrealistic to think that this guy is leaving the NHL. I think there is nothing of substance that would indicate that he is even remotely interested. I guess we will know in one weeks time, but my guess is that Maine should get used to the idea of Red Gendron or Jim Tortorella being the next head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                              John Tortorella also played ball at Maine, utility infielder I believe, primarily third base. I don't think he was the greatest ballplayer, but Winkin said he was a hellluva bench jockey.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                                Im sorry, I just cant read this with a straight face...

Garth Snow is the GM of the Islanders.

Garth Snow's job is to build a team that is capable of competing for a cup.

This year is the first year in a long, long time that he has caught lightning in a bottle. The Islanders almost took out the most talented team in the NHL. They have a young team with some fantastic draft picks yet to even make their NHL debut.

He has a team that has responded to Jack Capuano and all signs would indicate that this is a team on the rise.

Yet Maine fans think Garth has some ultimate allegiance to UMaine where he would tell his coach to "go and bring back the glory!"

Seriously, there is something in the water up there. You guys are on the Kool-Aid...

Comment

Working...
                                X