X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=113895

For all you hockey fans out there. Mike Babcock on hockey. Less than a minute.

Comment

Too ****ed funny....watching the smoke from the Steam Plant chimney! LMAO! I think that the Corks is done and is going to move on. Abbott would have made an announcement already, otherwise. If Corks IS the man, why would he be selected and then accept the position to coach the kids later in the year? HIS time, as the new head coach, would be better spent trying to resurrect a dismally mediocre program to national prominence. Let someone else do the USA stuff.
      Michael

Q: What do snow and UNH have in common?

A: They both melt away in March.

Comment

Gooooooooostav.....nice goal.
        sure why not

Comment

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/05/2...ach-next-week/ - UMaine narrows candidate list, hopes to name men’s hockey coach next week

Comment

• Nyquist opened the scoring in tonight's Red Wings-Blackhawks game. Detroit is up 2-0

Comment

Been a lot of fun to watch Jimmy and Goose this year.

Howard has been the difference for the Wings so far, and Nyquist is developing rapidly, though still perhaps a little too "Swedish" in his own end. He's coming along for sure, but Babcock doesn't play him much if he has the lead, and with good reason.

I think that Goose has benefitted from watching Datsyuk, who is the best 2-way guy in the world right now, IMO... I'm thinking that Nyquist has a chance to be compared to him, if he continues to pay attention to his elders.

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
                http://bangordailynews.com/2013/05/2...ach-next-week/ - UMaine narrows candidate list, hopes to name men’s hockey coach next week
                The "DRAMA" continues at UMaine Hockey. I don't know what to think...it has turned from interesting to whats next(Abbotts Follies..?)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Howard has been the difference for the Wings so far, and Nyquist is developing rapidly, though still perhaps a little too "Swedish" in his own end. He's coming along for sure, but Babcock doesn't play him much if he has the lead, and with good reason.

I think that Goose has benefitted from watching Datsyuk, who is the best 2-way guy in the world right now, IMO... I'm thinking that Nyquist has a chance to be compared to him, if he continues to pay attention to his elders.
                  I was noticing it was a lot of neutral zone and offensive zone faceoffs as well as the last 30-45 seconds of powerplays...but he is for sure making a difference and will become one HELL of a player. Good stuff, for sure...and nothing that another year or two of experience won't handle. Right now he bounces between the second and third line depending on the situation along with short PP shifts.
                  Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    The "DRAMA" continues at UMaine Hockey. I don't know what to think...it has turned from interesting to whats next(Abbotts Follies..?)
                    A lackluster and pathetic list.......let's hope that Larry was drinking heavily when he wrote the article.

And it's time for Maine to stop worrying about facilities and start concentrating on increasing coaching salaries to a level that at least gives Maine teams a chance of having a quality coach someday........I think that the old saying "you get what you pay for" definitely describes Maine's current stable of coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMaineFan View Post
                      . If Corks IS the man, why would he be selected and then accept the position to coach the kids later in the year? HIS time, as the new head coach, would be better spent trying to resurrect a dismally mediocre program to national prominence. Let someone else do the USA stuff.
                      You accept the USAH position to meet the kids and to open up recruiting doors for those that have not already "committed". As I recall, Walsh did quite a bit with some of the USAH developmental teams as well...
                      Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

fairly shrewd move on abbott's part... he knows that given the fans desire for jimmy and how that played out, that he is going to be second guessed at every turn with whomever is hired... not releasing a list of finalists "out of respect for their current positions" allows him to avoid the "what if they had hired so and so over so and so" debate...

Comment

Just a gut feeling from an admitted outsider, but I think by the end of the month, Gendron is going to be the guy. Tortorella being a close second (appropos for a current UNH guy I suppose ). The longer this has gone on, the less likely it's going to be Corkum, but in fairness, I'd have expected a more impressive cast of candidates. But Gendron has been a part of a lot of successful teams/programs, and that's usually not a coincidence. If I was choosing among those 4 candidates, that's the guy I'd be picking.
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

As a Wings' fan, it's been frustrating in recent seasons to see some talented, older teams come up short in close series losses, with a big slice of blame to be attributed to an inexperienced Howard learning the ropes at the NHL level. But last year, and especially this year, Howard has emerged as a top-tier NHL goalie, and I firmly believe he's been the team MVP this season ... and that's on a team with guys named Datsyuk and Zetterberg, so that's no small feat. Right now, with a very green defense (arguably at least as green overall as the B's defense) he is the guy who has given them the confidence to play their game, knowing if they mess up, Howard will probably bail them out. That hasn't been the case really until this season, but right now I wouldn't trade Howard for anyone. His mechanics right now are virtually flawless.

I was thinking the same thing recently about Nyquist as the "Datsyuk of the future", and it's important to remember that Datsyuk wasn't always the same two-way player he's now become. Like Babcock says in the video on this thread, when you have guys like Yzerman and Lidstrom, and now Datsyuk (and Zetterberg and Kronwall) to learn from, you almost have to be brain dead not to pick something up from their good habits. If Nyquist can spend some extra time in the weight room, the sky's the limit for that kid ...
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

From CHN: What, or Who, is Maine Waiting For?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                Christmas?

Comment

Working...
                                X