X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
    I want to know why Maine's athletic department has regressed so much in the past decade???? Not only in terms of winning programs, but also in the way that they operate.......everything moves at a snail's pace and they don't seem concerned with their public image or what anyone thinks (other than a few big donors). They are behaving very strangely for a public institution in a small rural state.
    I don't know, but I see the same inability to make a decision at my work. You need 50,000 meetings to get anything done that involves multiple departments and it seems most of the people at the meetings don't have a ***** clue. I think they schedule meetings so they have something to do. If it didn't take a million person-hours to make a decision you could fire half of the administration.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      I don't know, but I see the same inability to make a decision at my work. You need 50,000 meetings to get anything done that involves multiple departments and it seems most of the people at the meetings don't have a ***** clue. I think they schedule meetings so they have something to do. If it didn't take a million person-hours to make a decision you could fire half of the administration.
      Government thinking!!

Comment

Doug Weight is a big favorite of the Isles organization. Maybe Capuano is going to be asked to step aside. Wang has made some really strange decisions in the past. Remember the hiring / firing of Neil Smith.
        Originally posted by dover4345 View Post
        Are Maine fans seriously going to think that Capuano would leave the Islanders to coach maine? I mean, seriously? If the two jobs paid the same amount of money I would say ok, maybe, considering his wife lives in Bangor and thats where he spends his offseason. That said, it is one thing to spend your offseason in Bangor and another to spend the winter there. This guy is a competitor. He is at the top of his profession and coaching in the NHL. His dream from the day he started coaching in the coast was to coach in the NHL. This not a guy who took an assistant position in college hockey. His dream was never to coach at Maine. His dream is to be right where he is.

Given how the Islanders finished, Capuano IS NOT going anywhere. The reality is that coaching 1 year in the NHL is the equivalent of coaching 5 at Maine. Why on earth would he take that kind of pay cut given the group the Islanders have? With the likes of Strome and some other draft picks they are only going to get better. He is likely making close to a million a year with the Islanders. Their future is bright. He had a good year with a great finish and bought himself some time. He wouldnt even entertain the thought right now and it is moronic to even put his name into the rumor mill.

Job sercurity means nothing when your talking about taking 20% of what your currently making...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chairman of the Boards View Post
          Doug Weight is a big favorite of the Isles organization. Maybe Capuano is going to be asked to step aside. Wang has made some really strange decisions in the past. Remember the hiring / firing of Neil Smith.
          This is a really interesting point. The dynamic on the Isles bench looks completely different than any other team. Doug Weight carries himself like he is the HC. On top of that, the organizational structure is even stranger - Weight is an AC and a Senior Advisor to the GM. At least on the surface, that looks like he is Capuano's superior from a player personnel standpoint, but Capuano is the "boss" on "coaching" matters. Very strange dynamic...

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            Ding-Ding-Ding!!! We have a winner!!!

Analysis Paralysis...
            Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

When has the N.Y. Islanders done anything since Wang took over along with Garth Snow that made sense...even with a good season this year this Organization has been run pretty much in a Mickey Mouse way.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                I want to know why Maine's athletic department has regressed so much in the past decade???? Not only in terms of winning programs, but also in the way that they operate.......everything moves at a snail's pace and they don't seem concerned with their public image or what anyone thinks (other than a few big donors). They are behaving very strangely for a public institution in a small rural state.
                karma steve king blake james
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  karma steve king blake james
                  I think it's all G. W.'s fault. Everything else is.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    I think it's all G. W.'s fault. Everything else is.
                    I blame Clinton.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      I blame Clinton.
                      What the hell did he do wrong, besides not doing the right thing and marrying Monica?
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        What the hell did he do wrong, besides not doing the right thing and marrying Monica?
                        I don't know, but I've gotten so used to hearing it over the past two decades that I just assume everything is his fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          He ruined some good cigars.
                          Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                            He ruined some good cigars.
                            Not really. Truth be told, it made us appreciate them more. Don't know about you, but before I clip one I sniff it in a different way now. Not a bad thing.

That was just wrong, now wasn't it... BU2K you should be ashamed of yourself. Planting bad thoughts in my innocent mind.

Now, all Catholic guilt side, what happened to dover4345... I mean Ben - that is her name, right?

Comment

Theme from Jeopardy........

Comment

As long as we're bashing the ineptitude of the athletic dept., at least they got the Steve Trimper thing right......five 30-win seasons in eight years including four of the last five. It'll be a disappointment if they don't win the America East tournament and its not a big revenue generator but compared to the basketball teams that program is a shining star.

Given the state of BC, Maine might be the No. 2 baseball program in New England right now.....I'd say UConn is one and it'd be between Maine and Northeastern for 2. Not much but its something.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Working...
                                X