X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Where are these rumors? Please cite a credible source.
    They're rumors and you want a credible source?

Comment

Wait . . . never mind the Maine angle. If Snow even saw Capuano at Maine, it would only have been during a campus visit as a prospective. (edit: Didn't he basically walk on, to play under Grant? My memory . . . it's old)

But that's irrelevant. My bigger question is: the Isles actually matter again, and Garth Snow is going to can a guy who possibly saved his job?
      Last edited by amherstblackbear; 05-14-2013, 08:13 AM.
      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Arnie "Spuds" Davis obit. http://obituaries.bangordailynews.co...95#fbLoggedOut

Comment

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/05/1...rch-continues/

Comment

Saw that this morning...Not going to hold my breath for any great length of time.
            Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              Internet rumors for the "retirement", someone with some connections mentioned an announcement after the Islander's season was done.

If I had a credible source it wouldn't be an unfounded rumor...

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony
                That article is sure pushing Capuano to coach Maine.
                Interesting that Maine Athletic website announced today that Jack Capuano has been named a member of the U. Maine Athletic Hall of Fame for 2013. http://www.goblackbears.com/informat...releases/13HOF

Now go back a page and reread my earlier post #390! There are two possible candidates who both saw their seasons end this week.I am willing to bet that one of them is Maine's next coach. And while neither one is Corkum, both names start with a C.

Some people use logic when assessing the situation others go with emotion. I have been wrong more times than I can count, but the reasons I spelled out in my previous post are why I feel strongly that Maine had a discussion with the next coach who expressed interest if a move was made prior to Whitehead's dismissal. As reported they also spoke with Montgomery before Tim was let go.
                Last edited by BobF; 05-14-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony
                  That article is sure pushing Capuano to coach Maine.
                  Could they find a worse file photo for Corkum? That thing looks like a mug shot, for crying out loud. I'm not saying that appearances should matter, but . . . appearances matter.

Again, I don't think it has any bearing on coaching ability. But the BDN is doing Corkum no favors in the court of public opinion every time they use that photo.
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                    Could they find a worse file photo for Corkum? That thing looks like a mug shot, for crying out loud. I'm not saying that appearances should matter, but . . . appearances matter.

Again, I don't think it has any bearing on coaching ability. But the BDN is doing Corkum no favors in the court of public opinion every time they use that photo.
                    i've long thought the same... looks like he was nabbed by the cops and coming off a multi-day bender...

reminds me of the guy that appears in a bunch of adam sandler movies

*****http://bdnpull.bangorpublishing.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/10060161_H4267436-250x250.jpg******
                    *****http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Jonathan-Loughran-Signed-The-Waterboy-Funny-8x10-Photo-Proof-/00/s/MTE4OFgxNTA2/$(KGrHqRHJ!wE8e4rWULNBPJoR!jd0!~~60_35.JPG******
                    Last edited by gscott13; 05-14-2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      A feeling in the air would be a credible source on this one. If an NHL coach wanted to leave the league to coach the college ranks I'm sure any University would welcome them with open arms. If Corkum is not entrusted with the head coaching position, the only other candidate for the position that I would not question would be the Islanders' current head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                        A feeling in the air would be a credible source on this one. If an NHL coach wanted to leave the league to coach the college ranks I'm sure any University would welcome them with open arms. If Corkum is not entrusted with the head coaching position, the only other candidate for the position that I would not question would be the Islanders' current head coach.
                        Are Maine fans seriously going to think that Capuano would leave the Islanders to coach maine? I mean, seriously? If the two jobs paid the same amount of money I would say ok, maybe, considering his wife lives in Bangor and thats where he spends his offseason. That said, it is one thing to spend your offseason in Bangor and another to spend the winter there. This guy is a competitor. He is at the top of his profession and coaching in the NHL. His dream from the day he started coaching in the coast was to coach in the NHL. This not a guy who took an assistant position in college hockey. His dream was never to coach at Maine. His dream is to be right where he is.

Given how the Islanders finished, Capuano IS NOT going anywhere. The reality is that coaching 1 year in the NHL is the equivalent of coaching 5 at Maine. Why on earth would he take that kind of pay cut given the group the Islanders have? With the likes of Strome and some other draft picks they are only going to get better. He is likely making close to a million a year with the Islanders. Their future is bright. He had a good year with a great finish and bought himself some time. He wouldnt even entertain the thought right now and it is moronic to even put his name into the rumor mill.

Job sercurity means nothing when your talking about taking 20% of what your currently making...

Comment

Caps son is going to play BaseBall for Maine next year, Maybe he'd like to see him play?? The money thing is tough, you get used to making a certain standard of living cutting by 4/5 is a tough pill to swallow. I don't see a huge upside to him being a NHL coach, what does he know about current NCAA hockey? I don't doubt his smarts or his drive, the fact he is a NHL coach shows he has both.
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Caps son is going to play BaseBall for Maine next year, Maybe he'd like to see him play?? The money thing is tough, you get used to making a certain standard of living cutting by 4/5 is a tough pill to swallow. I don't see a huge upside to him being a NHL coach, what does he know about current NCAA hockey? I don't doubt his smarts or his drive, the fact he is a NHL coach shows he has both.
                            Do we know his financial situation? Maybe he doesn't need to make a million dollars a year in the NHL. At the end of day family is all that truly matters.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Do we know his financial situation? Maybe he doesn't need to make a million dollars a year in the NHL. At the end of day family is all that truly matters.
                              I don't anything about his situation other than his son is headed to orono to play ball. I sure like watching my kid play ball and he ain't headed anywhere to play after high school, in fact he is lucky to play period. its still alot of fun for me and I know my kid appreciates me being there either way.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                How many people need to make a million dollars a year? I guess those that do don't give a crap about their family.

Comment

Working...
                                X