X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Gustav with the winner last night, couple nice assists before he roofs it
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I'm with priceless(did I really say that?) in that it's the process that has sucked, the whole way. If they wanted to see what Corkum could do, the time to find outwould have been last December. As ABB has said repeatedly, TIMMAY did nothing over the last three months of the season that would have justified firing him that hadn't been there the first three months. In fact, he probably did enough to improve his chances to come back.

All I know is that if the choice is Corkum, Kerluke has to go. You can't name one assistant as the next head coach, and keep the other also, and say you're changing the team. It's just too much of the TIMMAY regime still in place, and in the fan's heads.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Does anyone out there think that BC's Cavanaugh could be a sleeper pick if he does not get the UConn job..? Could be the Clean House Plan..? No/Yes..?

Comment

Re salary. The Boston Herald database of Msssachusetts salaries shows Norm Bazin made ~$220K last year. That looks to be the HEA norm with you have to figure Jerry and Jack to be outliers on the high end.

If the Rangers go out early, why not Torts?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Hoky, am curious as to why you are so convinced that Maine is soon going to be a top-tier hockey east team. Am sure Corkum is a good coach but I just don't see what Separates Maine from other up and coming HE schools like PC, UML and even MC not to mention perennial powers like BC, BU, UNH and now ND. Maine will never compete with those top schools for recruits, so you obviously must think Corkum is pretty darn good....
            Last edited by carltonbarrett; 05-03-2013, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Re salary. The Boston Herald database of Msssachusetts salaries shows Norm Bazin made ~$220K last year. That looks to be the HEA norm with you have to figure Jerry and Jack to be outliers on the high end.

If the Rangers go out early, why not Torts?
              Capuano's out there, too. But his job is probably safe even if the Pens destroy the Isles.

Wait, did I just write "if?" Make that "when" the Pens finish destroying the Isles... :P
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                All I know is that if the choice is Corkum, Kerluke has to go. You can't name one assistant as the next head coach, and keep the other also, and say you're changing the team. It's just too much of the TIMMAY regime still in place, and in the fan's heads.
                If I were Corkum (or anyone else who might be selected as Maine's new coach), I'd want to select my own assistants--no ifs, ands, or buts. If Corkum is selected and thinks that Kerluke will help the team be successful, that's his call to make.

Comment

Has the committee met yet?

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                    Capuano's out there, too. But his job is probably safe even if the Pens destroy the Isles.

Wait, did I just write "if?" Make that "when" the Pens finish destroying the Isles... :P
                    Hmmmmmm. NYI 4 Pens 3. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                      Does anyone out here in USCHO forum land know any candidates definitely on the list other than Cork? Not speculation, hard info. Curious to know if anyone has it.

Comment

Just saw the video of Nyquist's interview after scoring the gamewinner Thursday night. Huge shiner on his left eye.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                          Does anyone out here in USCHO forum land know any candidates definitely on the list other than Cork? Not speculation, hard info. Curious to know if anyone has it.
                          Nope. The committee has either been really good at its job and kept things under wraps or they aren't bothering to look at anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                            BU 6 Maine 5?

We'll see
                            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

My question is what is the big deal in not letting the public know who is interested and who has actually applied for the UMaine Hockey Coaching position...I mean what gives..? There's one thing in keeping it close to the vest,but by now all the other job openings will be filled...except for UAA...UConn could be by Tuesday(Gwozdecky).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                My question is what is the big deal in not letting the public know who is interested and who has actually applied for the UMaine Hockey Coaching position...I mean what gives..? There's one thing in keeping it close to the vest,but by now all the other job openings will be filled...except for UAA...UConn could be by Tuesday(Gwozdecky).
                                They generally announce who they interview not all the applicants
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X