• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

o'connor will be real good with corkum

Comment

I can't believe Nick Roberto committed to Maine solely because of Tim Whitehead. If your incompetent AD could tell his *** from his elbow, you guys would have a permanent coach right now and maybe Roberto still on board.

Comment

he came into his own over past 12-16 months. bu/unh were not in the picture, if they were he would have gone there.

Comment

ok, but if maine actually had their crap together, don't you think there's a chance he sticks to his commitment?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            So this means Maine will actually have one decent OOC game? Hopefully the new coach sorts out the schedule for future years, next year's looks pretty pathetic.
            I'm sure the defending national runners-up and #1 team most of the season appreciate you overlooking them.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              I can't believe Nick Roberto committed to Maine solely because of Tim Whitehead. If your incompetent AD could tell his *** from his elbow, you guys would have a permanent coach right now and maybe Roberto still on board.
              I honest to go almost started laughing out loud when I read this. Maybe we could hire you as AD?
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

would i have to move to the area?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  would i have to move to the area?
                  Nah, Maine AD has become a work-from-home gig. Just put in the occasional appearance on campus and you're golden.

Comment

The Frozen Fenway game is reportedly going to be a conference game, replacing the November 17 game at BU. The tentative schedule at HockeyEastOnline has been taken down and presumably will be updated.

ETA: The schedule is back and does not appear to have changed...
                    Last edited by Priceless; 04-25-2013, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      The Frozen Fenway game is reportedly going to be a conference game, replacing the November 23 game at BU. The tentative schedule at HockeyEastOnline has been taken down and presumably will be updated.
                      Maybe we can schedule another game against AIC then?
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Maybe we can schedule another game against AIC then?
                        Maine used to play Colby and Bowdoin every year. Let's bring them back.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                          As pathetic as Maine's OOC schedule appears on paper, it could work out for the team's benefit. Corkum or whoever is named coach will have more fire and have the team better prepared to take advantage of opponent's like Mercyhurst that the team could stockpile some wins out of conference. Maine's defense will be a disaster outside of Hutton and two freshman, but the goaltending and first few forward lines could be decent. Should be better than UMass, Northeastern and UVM and on par with Merrimack.
                          I disagree about the D. Give them a little confidence, encourage them to play the body and watch them get physical. A couple of them will make it uncomfortable for opposing forwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            That's a good point on next year's schedule. Completely disagree with you on defense. Did you not see Rutt play? Riley will get better and I think one of Williams and O'connor will step up.
                            My bad on Rutt. I like him and Hutton. Two good D recruits but no faith in the rest.

Comment

I guess what we all should realize is that no matter who's the next NEW Coach that there's ALOT of work to be done on this present team and incoming players this year and next...we will see a positive/hard working team,but lets be real also...there's SOME talent but this will be a work in progress...Rebuilding/Retooling maybe a bad or sour word but it is what it is...peeks and valleys for certain next season...but progress/hard work/attitude will be what needs to be regained @ Maine Hockey.

Comment

That's a good point on next year's schedule. Completely disagree with you on defense. Did you not see Rutt play? Riley will get better and I think one of Williams and O'connor will step up.
                                I totally agree. I was gonna say - what about Rutt? He's for real. I saw him play 3 games this season against 3 totally different teams in 3 diff locations . He's big, he's pretty agile and he logs a ton of ice time. I think he'll be one of the better in HEA next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X