Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OHIO STATE. Who will be the new 2013/14 Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OHIO STATE. Who will be the new 2013/14 Head Coach?

Let's hear it. Take a wild guess!!!!

OK , I will take a shot at it. Maybe , Cansius coach Dave Smith (an OSU alum).
    Last edited by THE OHIO STATE; 04-16-2013, 04:40 AM.
    " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Re: OHIO STATE. Who will be the new 2013/14 Head Coach?

I have no idea who may be on the radar but my concern is to suddenly change direction the way they did, does it send up a big red flag to good coaching prospects AND recruits?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      I have no idea who may be on the radar but my concern is to suddenly change direction the way they did, does it send up a big red flag to good coaching prospects AND recruits?
      does it really matter this university couldn't careless about hockey, so who the new coach will be is irrelevant.....hockey at a school like this nothing but a distraction

Comment

Originally posted by DoorCtyBadgers View Post
        does it really matter this university couldn't careless about hockey, so who the new coach will be is irrelevant.....hockey at a school like this nothing but a distraction
        True enough, but I care and that's why it hurts!

Comment

Originally posted by DoorCtyBadgers View Post
          Actually more people care than what you may have been led to believe. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but hockey is probably the third-most attended sport here at OSU. I hear what you are saying, and unfortunately, you are probably correct if your statement is referring to the athletic department. Gene Smith's recent actions show that he couldn't care less about hockey. That is why us OSU hockey fans are frustrated.
          Last edited by osualum86; 04-16-2013, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
            Actually more people care than what you may have been lead to believe. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but hockey is probably the third-most attended sport here at OSU. I hear what you are saying, and unfortunately, you are probably correct if your statement is referring to the athletic department. Gene Smith's recent actions show that he couldn't care less about hockey. That is why us OSU hockey fans are frustrated.
            Maybe a year or two in the conference basement would change that.
            Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Who do they think they are? It's not like a star coach is gonna swoop in. They fired a coach that had them in a good spot for their program.
              ---
              National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
              Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
              19 Conference Championships
              10 Conference Tournament Championships
              2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Maybe this guy. Coach OZ buddy? This Coach was a good one last year. Good LUCK to Coach Steve Rohlick as he's a great guy with great respect. I would vote for him.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...041613aaa.html
                " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Jason Lammers. Good recruiter, was an assistant coach at OSU for three years, just wrapped up his second season coaching under Bazin at UML. He also is an alum of my alma mater

http://www.goriverhawks.com/staff.aspx?staff=21
                  #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                    Who do they think they are? It's not like a star coach is gonna swoop in. They fired a coach that had them in a good spot for their program.
                    Exactly! I will be more than happy to eat crow if George Gwozdecky signs on the dotted line, but if I was a betting man, I would bet that he doesn't give OSU a sniff. He already turned us down once in 2010 before we hired Oz. I looked at some numbers and found that what I said above was in fact true, OSU mens hockey is the third most attended sport on campus, behind only football and mens basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
                      Maybe this guy. Coach OZ buddy? This Coach was a good one last year. Good LUCK to Coach Steve Rohlick as he's a great guy with great respect. I would vote for him.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...041613aaa.html
                      THE OHIO STATE, maybe you know something the rest of us don't, but why would Gene Smith fire Oz and keep one of his assistants? None of this makes any sense. I think there is a "Paul Harvey" to this, as in ... "And now, the rest of the story ... "

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                        Jason Lammers. Good recruiter, was an assistant coach at OSU for three years, just wrapped up his second season coaching under Bazin at UML. He also is an alum of my alma mater

YES , I forgot about Jason from the good old days of Coach Markell.
                        " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post

Don't think the athletic department wants to bring anyone back from the John Markell era. Thanks, but no thanks. We aren't interested in reliving the Markell years. That is why we got rid of him and brought in Coach Oz in the first place three years ago.

Comment

THE OHIO STATE, maybe you know something the rest of us don't, but why would Gene Smith fire Oz and keep one of his assistants? None of this makes any sense. I think there is a "Paul Harvey" to this, as in ... "And now, the rest of the story ... "

It was Coach OZ way or NO way and it got him fired. Go back & listen to some of his interviews on Buckeye vision. He didn't talk much about team culture , it was all about OZ culture. I think he would of had better odds of pushing his weight around if he had done more in team advancement in the 3 years. If he would of just played the AD's game until he had finished his 5 year contract , and then went in with more pull , I think he would of had the AD listening to his future plans for the program.

Watching some of the games , he really made some bad Coaching errors. I know there's no perfect Coach , but some of the things he did was mistakes a lower level Coach would make.
                            " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Exactly! I will be more than happy to eat crow if George Gwozdecky signs on the dotted line, but if I was a betting man, I would bet that he doesn't give OSU a sniff. He already turned us down once in 2010 before we hired Oz. I looked at some numbers and found that what I said above was in fact true, OSU mens hockey is the third most attended sport on campus, behind only football and mens basketball.
                              At that point, Gwozdecky already had a good paying job.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                              X