Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OHIO STATE. Who will be the new 2013/14 Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OHIO STATE. Who will be the new 2013/14 Head Coach?

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Just curious, how many times dd you actually talk with the coach?
    ONCE and that was enough.
    Last edited by THE OHIO STATE; 04-23-2013, 01:18 AM.
    " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

I've been looking at a number of the write ups on the web on this story and I still can't get over several things. OSU did state there were no NCAA issues that motivated this decision so that theory of mine is out the window.
      Second, OSU continuously stated it was a management issue but Oz stated there were no prior discussions with or mention by the administration that they were not pleased. Gene Smith's direct quote is "There was a difference of opinion over the management of the program that could not be resolved."
      OK, so someone explain to me if there WAS NO DISCUSSION with the coach how do you know or explain it couldn't be resolved?
      This whole thing is just fishy beyond belief on OSU's end! I know several posters were not Oz fans and are glad he's gone but surely you must agree the way this was done hurts us and casts the program and the university's commitment to the program in a much more negative light than the things you claim OZ was doing that you didn't like?
      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 04-23-2013, 09:10 PM.

Comment

College hockey news Twitter says Rohlik is the permanent coach, will be named tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Buck View Post
          College hockey news Twitter says Rohlik is the permanent coach, will be named tomorrow
          If that's the case I hope he's up to the task and time will tell if he can get the job done, every day gone by without an announcement hurts us.
          Has anything been heard by anyone on recruits trying to bail on us?

Comment

I just read that on twitter. I'll paste here.

"Source tells CHN...Steve Rohlik to be named permanent Ohio State coach tomorrow."

I doubt if anyone wanted the job after the way the Osiecki firing was handled. Now we're stuck with an assistant who has never been a head coach before so he'll be learning on the job. I'm hoping for the best. I guess we'll have some continuity, and the current group may stay. Hopefully the recruits honor their commitments. The question will be if Rohlik can manage games and make adjustments when needed. We'll see what happens. Needless to say, I'm not thrilled about this. This could set the program back if it doesn't work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              I've been looking at a number of the write ups on the web on this story and I still can't get over several things. OSU did state there were no NCAA issues that motivated this decision so that theory of mine is out the window.
              Second, OSU continuously stated it was a management issue but Oz stated there were no prior discussions with or mention by the administration that they were not pleased. Gene Smith's direct quote is "There was a difference of opinion over the management of the program that could not be resolved."
              OK, so someone explain to me if there WAS NO DISCUSSION with the coach how do you know or explain it couldn't be resolved?
              This whole thing is just fishy beyond belief on OSU's end! I know several posters were not Oz fans and are glad he's gone but surely you must agree the way this was done hurts us and casts the program and the university's commitment to the program in a much more negative light than the things you claim OZ was doing that you didn't like?
              Couldn't agree more with your last paragraph and everything I've read indicates that this has caused OSU to be looked at in a negative light by the rest of the college hockey world.

Comment

Well all I can say is if Steve has a winning season next fall it will certainly help push a lot of the negativity to the back of the bus. Then we can endlessly debate if it was his coaching or Oz's recruits. LOL!

Comment

I am ok with this move. He did most of the recruiting so he knows the incoming kids very well. I know he has never been a head coach before but neither had markell when he took over the program. Having listened to Steve talk he knows the game very well. Time will tell if this is the right guy be i like giving him the chance.

Comment

He may work out but again, one of MANY unanswered questions, is he really their best choice or did everyone they were interested in for the job decide not to touch it with a ten foot pole?

Comment

• Re: OHIO STATE. Who will be the new 2013/14 Head Coach?

Well all I can say is if Steve has a winning season next fall it will certainly help push a lot of the negativity to the back of the bus. Then we can endlessly debate if it was his coaching or Oz's recruits. LOL!
                      And yet some say Rohlik is the one who recruited these players anyway, so I guess no one will be able to use the excuse next season that "these are Oz's players and don't fit Rohlik's style."

I hope Rohlik does win right away. If he doesn't, Smith and Schneider are going to have egg on their faces, big time.

Comment

He may work out but again, one of MANY unanswered questions, is he really their best choice or did everyone they were interested in for the job decide not to touch it with a ten foot pole?
                        I am going to guess it was the latter. I think Oz had a lot more friends out there than what Gene Smith counted on, and no one wanted the job. I doubt if Gene Smith counted on being left with having to promote an unproven assistant, and it could turn out to blow up in his face.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                          If he doesn't, Smith and Schneider are going to have egg on their faces, big time.
                          I agree that there is indeed something on their faces and it sure ain't egg!

Comment

I agree that there is indeed something on their faces and it sure ain't egg!
                            Yeah, I think they realize they screwed this up. They'll be lucky if this doesn't set the program back for years.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                              Yeah, I think they realize they screwed this up. They'll be lucky if this doesn't set the program back for years.
                              And as usual when Gene Smith screws up there will be no negative consequences for him and they'll probably give the bas*ard another raise!

Comment

GOOD LUCK to Coach Rohlik. Also to Coach Exter & the new Assistant Coach coming in.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ed_at_ohio.php
                                Last edited by THE OHIO STATE; 04-24-2013, 03:30 AM.
                                " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Working...
                                X