No announcement yet.

SCSU Offseason Thread: 1st Frozen Four, Hobey, & MacNaughton but same Red Face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU Offseason Thread: 1st Frozen Four, Hobey, & MacNaughton but same Red Face

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
    St. Cloud has picked up a commitment from Cedar Rapids Roughrider defenseman Clark Kuster.

Offensive defenseman who really turned it on down the stretch.

The commitment is for the 2015 season.
    14/15 or 15/16 season?

Comment

Re: SCSU Offseason Thread: 1st Frozen Four, Hobey, & MacNaughton but same Red Face

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      Yet the over/under for tUMD is still finishing in 7.5 place... weird...
      Yeah if you're a moron.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthhurts View Post
        14/15 or 15/16 season?
        According to the Roughrider twitter account, it will be for 15/16

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          Thank you for acknowledging my brilliance.

I would rather wait to make my predictions closer to the start of the season when rosters are settled. But I won't have UNO in 2nd. They have no proven goalie. Their defense was abysmal and they lost their best defenseman. And I am not convinced they can consistently beat the quality of team that will be in this conference. I thought last year they kinda beat up on the lesser teams in the WCHA and struggled against the good teams.
          Other than Miami it's hard to see any other team being a consistent winner in this conference. UNO is not my pick for second either but for different reasons. I do think they will be the #2 picks of coaches and media though.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            Yeah if you're a moron.
            tUMD men's hockey couldn't beat tUMD women's hockey next season
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Back check View Post
              Other than Miami it's hard to see any other team being a consistent winner in this conference. UNO is not my pick for second either but for different reasons. I do think they will be the #2 picks of coaches and media though.
              What does UNO have that would facilitate a #2 pick by the coaches and media?
              They can score, but they couldn't stop anyone last year and now lost their goaltender and top 2 defensemen.
              Yeah we lost Jensen along with Hano and LeBlanc but we still return a ton of talent and production on offense and defense plus we return our goalie.
              I'm not saying we should be #2 per se, but I would easily put us ahead of UNO.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I'm going to put us 7th next season... just ahead of UMD. That way, I'm certain to be surprised, likely for the better.
                scsuhockey.com
                CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  What does UNO have that would facilitate a #2 pick by the coaches and media?
                  They can score, but they couldn't stop anyone last year and now lost their goaltender and top 2 defensemen.
                  Yeah we lost Jensen along with Hano and LeBlanc but we still return a ton of talent and production on offense and defense plus we return our goalie.
                  I'm not saying we should be #2 per se, but I would easily put us ahead of UNO.
                  Again, I tend to agree with you but a productive group of UNO upperclassmen forwards returning will sway the prognosticators. It is quite possible that their overall team defense will be stronger this year despite the departures of Faulkner and Sustr. Those very good forwards will have the puck a lot, Massa has shown signs of being a very good goaltender. The defenders returning will have another year of experience. UNO not in my pre-season top 2 but I think a case can be made for the media/coaches to put them there in the pre-season polls.

Comment

Grand Forks is a fun town. I've done both roadtrips and with the right group of people, I don't think there's a huge difference, and trust me, I really appreciate there being a poker room in Omaha.

I agree, UND shouldn't be written off, but I just don't think they're a favorite in this league next year.
                    Thank you. The group discussed and this year it is off to UNO for the road trip. Harrah's and a poker room swayed the vote.

Comment

• Re: SCSU Offseason Thread: 1st Frozen Four, Hobey, & MacNaughton but same Red Face

tUMD men's hockey couldn't beat tUMD women's hockey next season
                      This is a huge insult because the womens team had an awful year last year.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Re: SCSU Offseason Thread: 1st Frozen Four, Hobey, & MacNaughton but same Red Face

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        This is a huge insult because the womens team had an awful year last year.
                        I know... I realize that bc most years that wouldn't have been an insult, it would have been common knowledge.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Kaw-kaw! Posting to stay relevant. Also work is slow.

Comment

So OUR ladies team has been tweeting some pretty cool pics of the renovated NHC lately.
                            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Can't find it anywhere, can somebody post our schedule for next season?

Comment

Can't find it anywhere, can somebody post our schedule for next season?
                                Oct. 11/12 - Bemidji State
                                Oct. 25/26 - at Colgate
                                Nov. 1/2 - at North Dakota
                                Nov. 8/9 - Miami
                                Nov. 15/16 - at Alabama-Huntsville
                                Nov. 22/23 - Colorado College
                                Dec. 6/7 - at Minnesota-Duluth
                                Dec. 13/14 - Union
                                Jan. 4 - US Under 18
                                Jan. 10/11 - at Denver
                                Jan. 17/18 - Western Michigan
                                Jan. 24/25 - at XCel vs. Minnesota & TBD
                                Jan. 31/Feb. 2 - at Nebraska-Omaha
                                Feb. 7/8 - Denver
                                Feb. 14/15 - Minnesota-Duluth
                                Feb. 21/22 - at Miami
                                Feb. 28/Mar. 1 - North Dakota
                                Mar. 7/8 - at Colorado College
                                Mar. 14/15/16 - NCHC First Round
                                Mar 21/22 - NCHA Championship

(Home games in bold)
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X