No announcement yet.

SCSU Offseason Thread: 1st Frozen Four, Hobey, & MacNaughton but same Red Face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU Offseason Thread: 1st Frozen Four, Hobey, & MacNaughton but same Red Face

Congrats to the Huskies, particularly to Drew and Coach Bob. Great season.

Comment

Re: SCSU Offseason Thread: 1st Frozen Four, Hobey, & MacNaughton but same Red Face

WE know Drew has been a Hawk since he was a mite hockey player....Hermantown Hawk that is. Congrats to Drew on the Hobey.

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Hawks fans who are more in the know than me expect him to see action in a few games here down the stretch, but evidently he's ineligible for the playoffs - are all signees?

Next game is Sunday at St Louis on NBC. If he suits up for that one, he might even get a few shifts on the second line with Kaner and Sharp as Bolland is out injured. I don't really see him as a 3rd or 4th line center with the Hawks.

Glad we've got him and that he's a Hawk. Hope to see him on Sunday.
      tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
        WE know Drew has been a Hawk since he was a mite hockey player....Hermantown Hawk that is. Congrats to Drew on the Hobey.

Destiny then?

He's also been wearing a Blackhawks jersey for the past 5 years, so it all fits.

Comment

Destiny then?

He's also been wearing a Blackhawks jersey for the past 5 years, so it all fits.
          I thought he was wearing a Canadiens sweater for the past 5 years.

He didn't play for the Whioux.

Comment

Hawks fans who are more in the know than me expect him to see action in a few games here down the stretch, but evidently he's ineligible for the playoffs - are all signees?
            I don't know how that works but Chris Kreider played in the playoffs for the Rangers last year. Not sure what the difference is.
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              I don't know how that works but Chris Kreider played in the playoffs for the Rangers last year. Not sure what the difference is.
              Kreider was a Rangers draft pick, LeBlanc was a free agent. Free agents have to be signed before the trade deadline to be eligible for the playoffs.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                I thought he was wearing a Canadiens sweater for the past 5 years.

He didn't play for the Whioux.

You're confusing the logo with the sweater.

Easy to do with SCSU "borrowing" so freely.

Comment

You're confusing the logo with the sweater.

Easy to do with SCSU "borrowing" so freely.
                  And Wisconsin stole diagonal lettering from the Rangers

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                    And Wisconsin stole diagonal lettering from the Rangers

Pretty much a Wings jersey (shudder) too.

Comment

Happy for LeBlanc. He's a good kid with a bright future, regardless of how professional hockey turns out.
                      Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Curious as to incoming freshman that may have an impact...haven't followed the recruiting trail to closely lately
                        Living a Lifetime of bleeding RED & BLACK

SIOUX is a GIRLS name....

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Production Man View Post
                          Curious as to incoming freshman that may have an impact...haven't followed the recruiting trail to closely lately
                          Charlie Lindgren could push Faragher for time, 35-14-2 2.8 GAA .900 sv % in the USHL for Sioux Falls
                          Ryan Papa is a small offensive-minded forward, 20-20-40 in the USHL for Waterloo
                          Niklas Nevalainen is a small play-making defenseman, 5-28-33 in the USHL for Dubuque
                          Garrett Hendrickson is a forward from the Iron Range who started the season in the BCHL but played most of the season in the NAHL, where he has 12-18-30 for Coulee
                          Daniel Tedesco is a forward I know almost nothing about, he's put up good numbers 31-33-64 but in the OJHL which I'm pretty sure is a league where people get gaudy numbers
                          and Judd Peterson was a guy that I think has disappointed a little since he left Duluth Marshall, he has 11-15-26

Not a lot of size Peterson is 6'0 194 and Hendrickson is 6'1 but is right now listed at 170, so he'll hopefully put on some size (or those are old numbers). They do have Ben Storm who could come in next year, he's 6'6, 213, and I've seen him live, he could be a great addition, but if the only guy we lose on the blueline is Johnson, then do we need him right away.

And side note: am I the only one who thought Tim Daly looked like a BEAST on Thursday?

Comment

And Nick Shore signs with the LA Kings... maybe it helps keep Dowd in St. Cloud, and if not, it can't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Production Man View Post
                              Sucks that he has to redo his student teaching... or not because he'll be playing professional hockey.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

With Nic Dowd staying, I believe the only other player we are keeping an eye on is Jensen. The race for the captainship next year could be "Nic and Nick."

Here is a part of an article that Rob LaPlante did with Jensen last October.

Now, in his junior season, Jensen is looking to build on his already growing resume’. A finance major at SCSU, Jensen made the Dean’s List his sophomore season.
                                “Education is important to me,” he said. “Chances of playing 20 years in the NHL like Niklas Lidstrom, is not likely. Eventually I will have to go into the work force and get a job, so getting my degree is important to me.”

Maybe we have a better shot of him staying than we first thought.
                                Last edited by Husky4Life; 04-15-2013, 11:40 AM.
                                SCSU!

Comment

Working...
                                X