Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC Team Crowned 2013 NCAA DI Champion

Nice to say. Go 'dogs/'cats!

UConn's like.. heck.. we got this in a couple..
    :-)
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: ECAC Team Crowned 2013 NCAA DI Champion

Congratulations on your team doing absolutely nothing to participate in that success. Well... absolutely nothing, outside of losing to Yale and Quinnipiac in the regular season, that is.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Looks like next year we need to put all of the ECAC teams in one regional to avoid an intraconference final game...

Congrats to Quinnipiac and Yale on earning some respect (including mine) over the past two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by bdgrhcky13 View Post
          Looks like next year we need to put all of the ECAC teams in one regional to avoid an intraconference final game...

Congrats to Quinnipiac and Yale on earning some respect (including mine) over the past two weeks.
          Some respect? I should think that it would be a whole lot!

Comment

Originally posted by maineiac View Post
            Some respect? I should think that it would be a whole lot!
            meh. It's a down year

In all seriousness, congratulations to both teams. Yale looks like a team on a mission, and Quinnipiac has been simply winning all season long.
            Good luck to both sides on Sautrday, but I'll be pulling for the Q!

Comment

Go Yale. They've been knocking on that door to get in for a bit now. Let's reward them.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This seems as good of a place as any to bring this up. Can anyone think of scenarios where two schools in a championship game have been in close physical proximity? The only one I can remember is 1978 in Providence when BU beat BC (3 miles apart). Yale and Quinnipiac are nine miles apart (as the crow flies), which would make them the second closest.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  Congratulations on your team doing absolutely nothing to participate in that success. Well... absolutely nothing, outside of losing to Yale and Quinnipiac in the regular season, that is.
                  Losing to Yale? What's that?

Comment

A proud day for the ECAC, anyone cutting on this league now is either jealous , a moron, or both, and they know it !!
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I think these kinds of years are good for college hockey. It's what separates our sport from bounceyball, football, etc...

This is what I like to call a "what the **** year". Someone is sitting there looking at the list of past champions. "Michigan, DU, Minnesota, Michigan, North Dakota, BU, Cornell, BC, Minnesota, BC, Wisconsin, BU, North Dakota, wait a minute - RPI beat Providence? What the ****?"

This will be the same way, and I for one enjoy them.

I do think it would have been really fun to have Yale and SCSU in the championship game, since iirc about 3 weeks ago they were the last two teams, sweating the outcomes of the BU and Michigan games, to see if they made the tournament. That would have been pretty cool.

I actually caught a game one night in February between Yale and Q that someone, I think NBCSports, broadcast. It was a pretty good game, although I thought Q had the edge in goaltending that night. This should be another good game.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        This is what I like to call a "what the **** year". Someone is sitting there looking at the list of past champions. "Michigan, DU, Minnesota, Michigan, North Dakota, BU, Cornell, BC, Minnesota, BC, Wisconsin, BU, North Dakota, wait a minute - RPI beat Providence? What the ****?"
                        FWIW, the only reason that PC was even competitive in that game was Terreri. OTOH, when RPI beat Minnesota in 1954, it rated a "What the ****".
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Quinnipiac has been slowly building towards this for a while, with a huge jump this year. Ever since they made the jump out of Atlantic Hockey they have really committed to the program, they have what I've heard is a top-notch facility and they just kept climbing the ladder. I have a feeling we may see Quinnipiac around for quite a while.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            This seems as good of a place as any to bring this up. Can anyone think of scenarios where two schools in a championship game have been in close physical proximity? The only one I can remember is 1978 in Providence when BU beat BC (3 miles apart). Yale and Quinnipiac are nine miles apart (as the crow flies), which would make them the second closest.
                            Yep. And first time two schools from the same state have met in the NC game since 1978.

Was Harvard (1989) the last ECAC team to win a National Championship?
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              Yep. And first time two schools from the same state have met in the NC game since 1978.

Was Harvard (1989) the last ECAC team to win a National Championship?
                              Yes, and Colgate (1990) was the last to play in the final, until tomorrow
                              Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                              Clarkson 1990

Comment

Working...
                              X