Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

You have until June 28th to submit a name for the January 24-25 MN college hockey tournament at the X. FYI "Hot Dish" is already taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      ^long-time listener first-time caller.

Yeah.. I check in occasionally. Didn't even realize I had registered until my username was taken when I tried to respond here...

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
        You have until June 28th to submit a name for the January 24-25 MN college hockey tournament at the X. FYI "Hot Dish" is already taken.
        C'mon Xenophobia Cup!
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          C'mon Xenophobia Cup!
          You Betcha Hockey Classic.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
            You Betcha Hockey Classic.
            Please no. Pleasepleaseplease no. Why does it need some kitschy name anyway? Doing this public vote thing means that it is going to SUCK.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Lutefisk Classic
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Any news on a summer dog day is news.

Just saw a small interview with Condon on the B1G. Its not worth linking here...but Condon sounds like almost a lock for a return. With Warning, Ambroz, Condon, a host of strong role players and the phenom frosh coming next year...we should be better loaded than the pre-Bjugs teams of five years ago.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  Lutefisk Classic
                  It should have "Beaver" in it - even (or maybe especially) in the Beaver-less years.

Comment

How about Hootenanny?
                    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                      How about Hootenanny?
                      Knee-deep in the hoopla?
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                        How about Hootenanny?
                        I prefer Let It Be or Tim, but still very good.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                          How about Hootenanny?
                          What about HooteNanne and then put a pic of Lou up on the logo
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I prefer Let It Be or Tim, but still very good.
                            Oh, I agree. IMO, Let it be, Tim and Pleased to meet me might be the best three albums in a row by any band on the planet. Bare with me here for a little days gone by. I once drove Slim Dunlop home from a student film shoot in St. Paul I asked him if the Mats will ever get back together? He paused and said no. What a guy. A couple of years ago I met Tommy after one of his solo shows through one of his cousins who I went to school with in Edina. He seemed distracted so I really never got to talk with him. Paul lives in my old neighborhood in Edina and I guess rumor has it he is a little different. Finally, a friend of mine who was at a Twins game asked Mars what he did for a living. As Mars started to explain to him one of the Mats songs started to play, his wife made a motion towards the speakers and he had no clue what she was doing. He said, I am sorry and Mars just laughed. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                              Oh, I agree. IMO, Let it be, Tim and Pleased to meet me might be the best three albums in a row by any band on the planet. Bare with me here for a little days gone by. I once drove Slim Dunlop home from a student film shoot in St. Paul I asked him if the Mats will ever get back together? He paused and said no. What a guy. A couple of years ago I met Tommy after one of his solo shows through one of his cousins who I went to school with in Edina. He seemed distracted so I really never got to talk with him. Paul lives in my old neighborhood in Edina and I guess rumor has it he is a little different. Finally, a friend of mine who was at a Twins game asked Mars what he did for a living. As Mars started to explain to him one of the Mats songs started to play, his wife made a motion towards the speakers and he had no clue what she was doing. He said, I am sorry and Mars just laughed. Just my 2 cents.
                              Looking forward to the reunion, but sadly Slim won't be able to play and I doubt Mars will want to.

Comment

Looking forward to the reunion, but sadly Slim won't be able to play and I doubt Mars will want to.
                                Yeah, but it will still be fun. The old days!!

Comment

Working...
                                X