Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union Hockey Official off Season Thread: Can U Three Peat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union Hockey Official off Season Thread: Can U Three Peat?

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
    And so it begins...

Grosenick soon to be a San Jose Shark?

http://bit.ly/11y1ouL
    Can't say I'd be surprised.
    Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Grosenick will also be 24 this summer and the oldest player on the team next year should he return. It may be the right time.

He's given us two great years as a starter, but with Stevens right behind him, the potential loss may not be as big as feared... kind of like when Kinkaid left. Union would miss Grosenick, but Stevens is more than capable.

Comment

Grosenick has signed with the Sharks per Ken Schott.

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...n-jose-sharks/
        Last edited by Dutchfan; 04-05-2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

The Stevens era begins.. sorry to see Troy go but best of luck to him. He's a great kid and if hard work gets you anywhere, he'll go far.
          UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post

The Stevens era begins.. sorry to see Troy go but best of luck to him. He's a great kid and if hard work gets you anywhere, he'll go far.
            Two great seasons from Troy, best of luck to him, he will be missed but now Colin has his chance for possibly two seasons. He deserved the shot having come in a year early. I think he will be very good. We still may need a number two though.

Comment

In the final 7 games leading up to the QC loss, the Dutchmen were 7-0 and scored 4.4 while giving up .857 goals/game. They did it playing some tough competition. They beat Dartmouth (2) St. Lawrence, Brown, Yale and Boston College during that 7 game run. That was some of the finest hockey I have ever seen. Best wishes to Troy and Colin.
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Is it just me or are the offseasons getting more stressful than the in game seasons? Starting with two years ago each off season has had momentous developments. 2011 saw the departure of Nate Leaman and Keith Kinkaid and the hiring (thankfully) of Rick Bennett and his staff. Last offseason saw the departure of Jeremy Welsh and rumors surrounding Troy Groesnick and the defection of our feature recruit. This offseason we see Troy leave for the pros and Ghost's status is at least somewhat in doubt. Even Rick Bennett's name is out there in terms of vacancies at Denver, Uconn and maybe the musical chair effect that any coaching changes seem to engender in D-1 hockey. I guess these are all additional confirmation of how much the program has improved over the past decade. Still from the fan's perspective it can be a bit disconcerting.

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post

Very surprised Grosenick would sign now. Because of his age, he is limited to a one-year deal and a ceiling on his signing bonus, NHL salary and AHL salary. If he waited until after his senior season he would have no limitations on the term or $$ he could earn.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                    Is it just me or are the offseasons getting more stressful than the in game seasons? Starting with two years ago each off season has had momentous developments. 2011 saw the departure of Nate Leaman and Keith Kinkaid and the hiring (thankfully) of Rick Bennett and his staff. Last offseason saw the departure of Jeremy Welsh and rumors surrounding Troy Groesnick and the defection of our feature recruit. This offseason we see Troy leave for the pros and Ghost's status is at least somewhat in doubt. Even Rick Bennett's name is out there in terms of vacancies at Denver, Uconn and maybe the musical chair effect that any coaching changes seem to engender in D-1 hockey. I guess these are all additional confirmation of how much the program has improved over the past decade. Still from the fan's perspective it can be a bit disconcerting.
                    Welcome to the big leagues of college hockey. Leaman and Bennett knew that they were recruiting talent that would have the potential of bolting early. Unlike some of your compatriots, there's no need to declare loss or victory based upon this happening (although certain posters with arrogance rivaling that of my own may cause me to change my mind). What is true, though, is that your depth at that spot is now at the test. Looking at the numbers, Stevens looked to put up similar numbers in terms of SV% both overall and in conference, but did not face a similar amount of shots, which leads me to believe his defence was working harder to bail out someone they thought wasn't all that confident, which isn't too unusual when a backup is playing.

What goalies do you have in the pipeline to come in future years? It's possible that with Grosenick leaving a year early, that goaltender will be coming in a year earlier than expected. Be aware that that could mean a hit in development, as another year in juniors may have prepared that goaltender. It's the chance you take, though. The bottom line is, though, that this may be a bigger hit that causes going to a rebuilding year, depending on what you get at that position. I can't say for sure as I'd need evidence that only exists six months from now, or whom your replacement is, but this very well could be at least one peak. Probably not the only one, but could be one nonetheless.

Comment

Amazing commentary coming from a guy who said Union didnt have any D 1 or draft pick types and that no one was as good as P Koudys from RPI. When I said they did, you and your pals lambasted and dumped on the Union players.
                      Now it is so obvious that Union has to learn to deal with all the "talent" leaving.

Union is just fine and has a great system in place and a great talent evaluator in RB. They will need time to adjust but with their 2nd and 3rd lines back a,d SG on the point, they will be fine again and will finish ahead of RPI, again

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        Amazing commentary coming from a guy who said Union didnt have any D 1 or draft pick types and that no one was as good as P Koudys from RPI. When I said they did, you and your pals lambasted and dumped on the Union players.
                        Now it is so obvious that Union has to learn to deal with all the "talent" leaving.

Union is just fine and has a great system in place and a great talent evaluator in RB. They will need time to adjust but with their 2nd and 3rd lines back a,d SG on the point, they will be fine again and will finish ahead of RPI, again
                        When did I say that? Once again, you are blinded by hatred. There is a time to use your heart, and a time to use your brain. It's the off season, both teams are out, so what's so bad about objectively analyzing the situation of a team? Unless you typically aestivate, you'd notice that it is not football season yet, so a mark of civility is observed.

Comment

zero hatred, could care less.

It is a fact you and a couple of your buddies said it a while back and make fun of Bodie in pretty good fashion. You and Ralph also made the commenst about Union never winning an NCAA playoff game on and on

You dont predict, you repeat what happened like a parrot on someones shoulder

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post

Thanks for describing me as a great talent evaluator.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Welcome to the big leagues of college hockey.
                              When did it become normal for an RPI fan to WELCOME another program into "the big leagues of college hockey"? Shouldn't RPI at least be there first to welcome them in?
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Back check View Post
                                Very surprised Grosenick would sign now. Because of his age, he is limited to a one-year deal and a ceiling on his signing bonus, NHL salary and AHL salary. If he waited until after his senior season he would have no limitations on the term or $$ he could earn.
                                Interesting info. It does seem a bit surprising if true, particularly with Troy being an economics management major with a 3.8 plus GPA!

Comment

Working...
                                X