Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union Hockey Official off Season Thread: Can U Three Peat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union Hockey Official off Season Thread: Can U Three Peat?

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
    1: Carr---Novak---Wilkins
    2: Hatch---Vecchione---Sullivan
    3: Ciampini---Pontarelli---Cruice
    4: Ikkala---Roy---Coatta

I agree with the person above, the Hatch-Novak-Sullivan line was fun to watch last year, but Novak should start the season as the 1st line center. I also added Cruice and Coatta to the 4th line to add some veteran experience on the team, although I am high on Gonye and Eli. What do you think? Would RB go with veterans over some freshman in the beginning of the season?
    On paper, these are lines that probably make the most sense.. but of course it seldom works out like this in real life. A lot will depend on how players mesh in the preseason & informal practices, as well as in the early games, and I wouldn't discount a possible surprise combination or two. Who would have thought 3 years ago that 2 freshmen (Carr & Jooris) would combine with a soph (Welsh) to form one of the top lines or that a fairly lightly regarded freshman (Hatch) would end up on the 1st line? I think it will be real interesting to see what emerges early in the season, as there certainly is talent among the forwards, as well as some intriguing complementary players.
    UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Fun to speculate on lines but at this point I'd guess that even the coaches are scratching their heads. If Roy can eventually put a few in the back of the net, that could be an edgy fourth line.

Comment

The big test for coaches and players will be to get the new guys, the inexperienced guys, to play and learn the system without hesitation and too much fear of making a mistake. How long this takes will determine our season.

For the fans I know their is excitement and great anticipation for October , let the games begin.

Comment

Comment

I wondered if Simpson would show up at a camp or signed to a roster. In my opinion it was more likely that he signed than Jooris.

Comment

Gostisbehere ranked 8th in Flyers system by NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=680936

Comment

Originally posted by GameOn View Post
                I wondered if Simpson would show up at a camp or signed to a roster. In my opinion it was more likely that he signed than Jooris.
                Yeah, the big difference between the two is that Simpson graduated whereas Jooris gave up his senior year.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                    Yeah, the big difference between the two is that Simpson graduated whereas Jooris gave up his senior year.
                    Having gotten to know Wayne's parents a good bit over the past 6 years I can say with confidence that there is no way he would leave without graduating. He still has a chance to pursue his hockey career with his degree in hand. Best of luck to him.

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/2013/09/04/comm...hockey-arenas/

Congrats......#5 in the Northeast!!!!
                      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                        http://www.uscho.com/2013/09/04/comm...hockey-arenas/

Congrats......#5 in the Northeast!!!!

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but this was only from the 13 schools he vistited in the article. The author stated that he went to other arenas previously. So it's not really clear if the author ranked this #5 in the Northeast, or #29 in the Northeast, although it probably is in the top 40%.
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Breaking news: Tim Boyle doesn't return for sophomore season:

http://bit.ly/1cKJpFW

Comment

That has been out there for over a month. Signed with Kings weeks ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              That has been out there for over a month. Signed with Kings weeks ago...
                              Well, it was news to me, and news to a couple other ECAC writers I spoke with. Today was the first time I saw anyone else put it out there.

Comment

np
                                it has been out there for over a month. he was openly talking about it all summer. the players knew as well.
                                point is, coaches were prepared for it so it is not a curve ball, which is what really matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X