Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union Hockey Official off Season Thread: Can U Three Peat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union Hockey Official off Season Thread: Can U Three Peat?

Union Assistant Sports Information Director Jeff Weinstein, whose responsibilities include men's hockey, has taken a job in the University of Michigan athletics department.

It's well-deserved, and whoever replaces him at Union will have big shoes to fill.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
      Union Assistant Sports Information Director Jeff Weinstein, whose responsibilities include men's hockey, has taken a job in the University of Michigan athletics department.

It's well-deserved, and whoever replaces him at Union will have big shoes to fill.
      I'll echo that. It's sad to see Jeff move on, but talk about getting called up to the big leagues.

Comment

Union made official today what was known for days - Pontarelli is coming this year.

Comment

I was able to get some first-hand accounts of Michael Pontarelli and recruit Connor Light:

http://bit.ly/147M9qU

First time doing this kind of piece, so feedback welcomed.

Comment

Kyle Bodie signs with ECHL's Cincinnati Cyclones:

http://bit.ly/18sBA54
            Last edited by rdf8585; 08-13-2013, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
              Kyle Bodie signs with ECHL's Cincinnati Cyclones:

http://bit.ly/18sBA54
              Good luck to Kyle as he embarks on his professional career. He made enormous strides each season at Union and if he works as hard as a pro, he could have a nice career.

Comment

Kents Hill boys varsity hockey head coach Larry Cockrell breaks down former player, Union recruit Mark Dufour.... strengths, weaknesses, D1 projection.

http://bit.ly/14yjjPM

Comment

Great post on Dufour. Keep these going! I find it great to learn about the recruits from their former coaches!

Comment

Originally posted by GameOn View Post
                    Great post on Dufour. Keep these going! I find it great to learn about the recruits from their former coaches!
                    Thanks for the nice words; it all depends on how much cooperation I get.

Comment

What's everyone's latest line projections now that pontarelli's in the mix?

Comment

Originally posted by GameOn View Post
                        What's everyone's latest line projections now that pontarelli's in the mix?
                        1: Carr---Pontarelli---Wilkins
                        2: Hatch---Novak---Sullivan
                        3: Ciampini---Gonye---Vecchione
                        4: Lichtenwald---Roy---Ikkala

D1: Bodie--Gingras
                        D2: Gostisbehere--Vasaturo
                        D3: Boyle--Taylor

G: Stevens, Sakellaropolous, Pieri

I'm rating Pontarelli very high based off of the reports I've read. I think he will play well with Carr and Wilkins on the top line. I also really liked the Hatch/Novak/Sullivan line last year, they should be a very solid, veteran line. The third line consists of two highly touted freshman with Ciampini. The fourth line consists of all big bodies that can do some damage. I really like this team and I'm leaving out some notable players such as Bennett, Coatta, and Cruice. On the defensive side, there a several freshman (Martin, Henry, and Krug) who could replace Boyle (who is on a short-leash in my book.)
                        Last edited by UnionFan4Life; 08-14-2013, 10:22 PM.
                        Union College Hockey
                        2014 NCAA National Champions
                        2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Pontarelli should be an absolute stud at the college level.
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
                            1: Carr---Pontarelli---Wilkins
                            2: Hatch---Novak---Sullivan
                            3: Ciampini---Gonye---Vecchione
                            4: Lichtenwald---Roy---Ikkala

D1: Bodie--Gingras
                            D2: Gostisbehere--Vasaturo
                            D3: Boyle--Taylor

G: Stevens, Sakellaropolous, Pieri

I'm rating Pontarelli very high based off of the reports I've read. I think he will play well with Carr and Wilkins on the top line. I also really liked the Hatch/Novak/Sullivan line last year, they should be a very solid, veteran line. The third line consists of two highly touted freshman with Ciampini. The fourth line consists of all big bodies that can do some damage. I really like this team and I'm leaving out some notable players such as Bennett, Coatta, and Cruice. On the defensive side, there a several freshman (Martin, Henry, and Krug) who could replace Boyle (who is on a short-leash in my book.)
                            Nice try

Vech will prob be at center
                            Pont not ready to play with Carr, couldn't keep up with him
                            Cruice will play
                            Taylor will be next ghost but a habit more reserved
                            Last edited by Hokydad; 08-15-2013, 06:02 AM.

Comment

I would agree that vech is more first line ready than pontsy. He's been a consistant scorer at the USHL level and should fit in nicely with Carr and wilky. Keep in mind that RB learned the lesson of continuity last year too and is probably less likely to shuffle lines from night to night. Overall pre season projections this last week look a lot more promising than they did when Jorris decided to leave.

Comment

Best part of this is the depth. Quality kids sitting who will be pushing the others.

Comment

Working...
                                X