Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union Hockey Official off Season Thread: Can U Three Peat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Blame the NCAA. They moved Union-BC to Providence for attendance reasons. I really didn't notice that many BC fans there on Saturday. In fact, I thought the fan bases went QU, Union, BC, Canisius. As for the final, the holiday didn't help anyone.

As for whether the times had any affect... sure, but it was no different than a 4:00 start after a 7:00 start. The teams were in town Friday so they all had time to adjust their schedules around the game times. Bennett seems to be a great coach. I'm sure he did everything he could to mitigate the time factor.

The real problem on Sunday was the fact that Matt Peca had way too much Easter candy and was wound up like a top come game time!

Another thing is that old "some teams just have your number" syndrome. I think we just had U's number this year, much the same as Brown had ours.

Whatever it was, Union had another great year and there's certainly nothing to be ashamed of.
    I agree but we weren't the only team whose number they had, there were a whole bunch

Comment

Re: Union Hockey Official off Season Thread: Can U Three Peat?

Does it make sense for a coach to leave a team that has made the regionals three years in a row?
      Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Originally posted by Goaliefan View Post
        Does it make sense for a coach to leave a team that has made the regionals three years in a row?
        For the right price, it's possible. Look out, though; Denver has an opening, and they may not want to go with a Gwozdecky assistant...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          For the right price, it's possible. Look out, though; Denver has an opening, and they may not want to go with a Gwozdecky assistant...
          True, anything is possible. I hate the thought of starting over with a new coach. For sure it will be an interesting summer.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
            The whole late night thing is a lame excuse. Union is better than that. Really dissapointing to hear a player bring it up in the press conference. Makes the team look like sore losers. Quinnipiac had our number and even all the Union confidence in the world couldnt produce a win. Matthew Peca singlehandidly beat the team. You should never make excuses about what time the team went to bed because they got outplayed for 60 mins. Quinnipiac is a great team and that is why the team lost.
            I agree. 55 teams are full of excuses right now. I say congrats to the teams in the frozen four.

Comment

Originally posted by Goaliefan View Post
              Nate Leaman left after 1 regional.

There is very little loyalty these days (see: Steve Alford). Coaches and players all around the country leave for better (or just different) opportunities, so I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett left for something like a Denver or Maine, should it open up. Look at what he's done in just two years...the Denver AD maybe calling him as we speak.

That said, maybe Rick Bennett is old-school and loyal to his contract (I certainly hope he is).
              Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post

There is very little loyalty these days (see: Steve Alford). Coaches and players all around the country leave for better (or just different) opportunities, so I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett left for something like a Denver or Maine, should it open up. Look at what he's done in just two years...the Denver AD maybe calling him as we speak.

That said, maybe Rick Bennett is old-school and loyal to his contract (I certainly hope he is).
                Guess I'm just an optimistic idealist. We'll just have to wait and see and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post

Certainly possible -- also he'd be a very nice candidate for the UConn job. I don't believe they've made a hire yet ??.... He'd get to recruit and play in HE and likely would have a bit easier time with admissions.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Philly Daily News reports no plans to lure Gostisbehere "at this time," but that doesn't mean it will still the case a month or two from now.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._big_deal.html

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                      Philly Daily News reports no plans to lure Gostisbehere "at this time," but that doesn't mean it will still the case a month or two from now.

Maybe they'll do it in August. No worries, I won't claim victory, unlike one of the trolls in your group...

Comment

Sounds about right. Ghost needs more size/bulk and the Flyers have Manning, Lauridson. Kessel, and Syvret "in the pipeline"...
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

The NHL is a meat market. If they need more meat they'll go shopping.

Comment

Nice season end interview of Rick Bennett by Ken Schott. He reviews the past season, postseason and looks to the between season. Also discusses candidly the possibility of Grose and Ghost possibly leaving and what he is hoping to know from them. http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2013/apr/02/1439/

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                              Nice season end interview of Rick Bennett by Ken Schott. He reviews the past season, postseason and looks to the between season. Also discusses candidly the possibility of Grose and Ghost possibly leaving and what he is hoping to know from them. http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2013/apr/02/1439/
                              Most un-candidly, Schott doesn't discuss the possibility of Bennett leaving.

Comment

And so it begins...

Grosenick soon to be a San Jose Shark?

http://bit.ly/11y1ouL

Comment

Working...
                                X