Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union Hockey Official off Season Thread: Can U Three Peat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union Hockey Official off Season Thread: Can U Three Peat?

Former Union star Mario Valery-Trabucco recently signed in Sweden: http://bit.ly/14HSpGS

Comment

Kinkaid still has opportunity in NJ. Schneider didn't exactly lockdown the goaltending position in Vancouver, one of the best teams in hockey, which is why he was traded. If nothing else, there will be a backup opportunity very soon, as they are not going to keep Hedberg forever.

Welsh is the one that is really in the wrong organization now. The Canes drafted a very highly touted center at #5 and there was already a logjam at the position with the two Staals and Juri Tlusty. Welsh could be lucky to see icetime in the AHL, as there are several prospects in the organization at the position. I don't know if they would try him at wing (he did play it in juniors), but a change of scenery might be good. Not sure how long his contract was.
      UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

I believe Kinkaid is in the last of year of his three year deal. I still think he would have been better served by staying at least one more year, but obviously he had a different idea. Welsh has one more year and his is a one way contract for roughly $1M. This is a critical year for both. I think MVT is prospering in Europe and hope he continues to do so.

Comment

Blackhawk's goalie Corey Crawford was a second round draft pick who spent 4 years in Major Junior A and four solid years in the AHL so by comparison Kincaid still has time provided they still have faith in him.
          I don't think a team like NJ thinks they can have too many good/great goalies. I believe Crawford is 28 and this is his 3rd NHL year.

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
            Welsh is the one that is really in the wrong organization now. The Canes drafted a very highly touted center at #5 and there was already a logjam at the position with the two Staals and Juri Tlusty. Welsh could be lucky to see icetime in the AHL, as there are several prospects in the organization at the position. I don't know if they would try him at wing (he did play it in juniors), but a change of scenery might be good. Not sure how long his contract was.
            I believe I read that Lindholm is expected to play in Sweden next season, so Welsh should have every opportunity to earn a spot with the Canes out of camp, without the young Swede taking a spot at center. Worst case scenario, he will gain more exposure and experience for interested teams to see him.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Grosenick gets 2 years from San Jose:

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=676156

Comment

Comment

Jooris will be in Calgary prospect camp this summer. Dates TBA. He was in Vancouver's last year.

Gostisbehere will be in Philly prospect camp starting 7/10.
                  Last edited by rdf8585; 07-03-2013, 03:23 PM.

Comment

How will Union do next year? It seems to me that Yale, Dartmouth, Brown, RPI and Cornell and Colgate are going to be getting better. What about St. Lawrence, Qint, Clarkson, Harvard, Princeton? The competition in the ECAC is going to get more fierce ... Does that put us in the middle of the pack? Is our great run over? We are loosing seven. College hockey is getting more and more popular. Will we be able to recruit? Will the new league alignment help or hurt us? Are we in rebuilding year? We were undefeated in Atlantic City but that magic is gone. Is it just impossible to tell until the puck is dropped and we see who is hungry? How important is size? Will we have any 6'2", 225 fore-checkers? Is the great run over? We need more banners !!!

Last year we were a great home team down the stretch. The year before we were a great away team. What will it be this year? Does the team have the leadership? Who will step up? Who is the Captain?
                    Last edited by Dutchman; 07-05-2013, 07:45 AM.
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Last edited by rdf8585; 07-08-2013, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Jooris and Ghost apparently both had impressive prospect camps from everything I have read. It will be crucial for both of these guys to have big seasons this upcoming year if Union is to continue the run they have been on the last few seasons, so this is good news to hear over the summer.

Comment

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisc...ricks-uno-nchc

Alex Todd, former Union player who was coaching up in Castleton, VT has accepted a position as an assistant coach at Nebraska-Omaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
                            Jooris and Ghost apparently both had impressive prospect camps from everything I have read. It will be crucial for both of these guys to have big seasons this upcoming year if Union is to continue the run they have been on the last few seasons, so this is good news to hear over the summer.
                            i'd like to see Jooris have the type of senior season that Kyle Bodie had last season. I think he is capable of it. I'd love to see him avoid the ill advised penalties as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              I believe I read that Lindholm is expected to play in Sweden next season, so Welsh should have every opportunity to earn a spot with the Canes out of camp, without the young Swede taking a spot at center. Worst case scenario, he will gain more exposure and experience for interested teams to see him.
                              So much for that...Lindholm signed entry level deal with CAR and will have every opportunity to make the big squad, according to Rutherford.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                                i'd like to see Jooris have the type of senior season that Kyle Bodie had last season. I think he is capable of it. I'd love to see him avoid the ill advised penalties as well.
                                Sounds like he's in great shape.

Comment

Working...
                                X