Gwoz Resigns from DU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Usually there are six Tech Fans and like four DU fans. Huge difference .
    DU is claiming all the people who didn't wear team apparel.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Re: Gwoz Resigns from DU?

Originally posted by bunt_q View Post
      That's actually the exact opposite of truth, unless you're only talking about the view from the city. CS is my home, and no doubt Pikes Peak is a better view to wake up to than anything visible from Denver. But the mountains west of the Springs have no depth - it's just the Pikes Peak massif - whereas the bulk of the central mountains are immediately west of Denver. In terms of recreation opportunities, spectacular sights, etc., sadly Denver kicks CS's arse. Of course, you would have to leave the city to know that.
      Having lived in CS I couldn't agree more. Being a skier, Denver would have been the place to live, but being a sports reporter, living in the Springs was Nirvana. Either way, the weather there is better than here in Hockey Valley!
      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        6 mtu fans? You personally know 6 mtu fans who attend the F5, there are others.
        Heck, there are more Tech fans that show up at Mankato games; why wouldn't they go to the F5?
        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          Bbdl, me, meanie, Yager, boosh, yagers buddy.
          Darkness, even though he was in Michigan gear.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Considering Houghton is a desolate place, 2500 is quite the draw. 4K is a landmark. Denver, on the other hand, is a metropolis that doesn't care about their hockey team. Yes, I've visited both cities many times, and know people who live in said cities. You cannot compare the two.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Adam Wodon has a very good analysis on the Gwoz firing.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                Yes, indeed. Very well stated.
                'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                  my 2 cents probably money...... or He really ****ed off somebody above and as non union appointed staff was fired.
                  Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 04-06-2013, 02:48 AM.
                  Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                    Good analysis. And still no answers.

Now we can all sit back and wait for the brilliant people of the north to tell us how this is all wrong.

Comment

I thought he should have been fired after he was caught cheating.

Comment

My perception is that he thought he was larger and more powerful than the institution he was representing.

Comment

Good analysis. And still no answers.

Now we can all sit back and wait for the brilliant people of the north to tell us how this is all wrong.
                          As part of the blue collar work force I feel for Gwoz 19 years and no retirement.......D U handbook .. have to do 20 at DU to collect a check. It sucks
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

That's actually the exact opposite of truth, unless you're only talking about the view from the city. CS is my home, and no doubt Pikes Peak is a better view to wake up to than anything visible from Denver. But the mountains west of the Springs have no depth - it's just the Pikes Peak massif - whereas the bulk of the central mountains are immediately west of Denver. In terms of recreation opportunities, spectacular sights, etc., sadly Denver kicks CS's arse. Of course, you would have to leave the city to know that.
                            My Dad and I spent a week in Denver/Boulder many years ago for a convention. We loved it there...

Comment

IMHO, this is the type of Head Coach you want to FIND for your program, not get rid of. This would seem to be a step back for the Pios.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                                As part of the blue collar work force I feel for Gwoz 19 years and no retirement.......D U handbook .. have to do 20 at DU to collect a check. It sucks
                                Wow, that is harsh....

Comment

Working...
                                X