Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gwoz Resigns from DU?

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I take offense to that. I'd like to believe that I'm every bit as big of an a-hole as Donald.
    Difference is you try... let's leave it there.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
      I'd take him, but why would he leave UNO for a school that shows the lack of loyalty that Denver just did?

Blais has a great history of building teams, coaching up players.
      Why would any upper end head coach do so?
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        I know... 6-30-2 in Serratore's first year and 9-25-2 his second....I lived through those two black hole seasons...at least it was only 2 seasons of crud and not a generation of crap
        you just fired one if the most respected coaches in hockey and appear to be devaluing your hockey program. Seems like a pretty toxic situation that many quality candidates would avoid.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'm sure John Hill wouldn't mind a toxic situation like at DU.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Agreed, it was more of a game of chicken than anyone jerking the other side around. Gwoz wanted more money than DU wanted to pay and DU finally decided he wasn't worth that...The question is how much was Gwoz asking for because Head Coach $$s have escalated quite a bit of the last few years with the contracts given to coaches ldepending on Gwoz and Owens which is not ike Sandelin, Pearson and Hastings. Michigan Tech went from 2nd or 3rd lowest in base salary to HC to the highest (public knowledge). The game has changed over the last few years so maybe Gwoz thought he could get alot more than Pearson and company and DU feels more comfortable paying their coach $250-300k even if it means cutting Gwoz loose. As you say Almington, only time will tell if they made the right choice in not showing Gwoz the money. The toughest part about this decision is the timing with the NCHC transition. It will be a tough spot for whoever they hire to deal with that transition on top of other normal changes with a new coach.
            According to the Denver Post... from another college hockey website Gwozdecky was making $211,000 annually. It didn't mention if that was base salary, but I would presume it is.
            Just my 2 cents....DU made a stupid move.
            MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
            2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              I take offense to that. I'd like to believe that I'm every bit as big of an a-hole as Donald.
              Well, you know, if you insist. I've noticed you have horrific taste in music, so there's that...

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                Well, you know, if you insist. I've noticed you have horrific taste in music, so there's that...
                Speaking of horrible taste in music, my sources tell me Gwoz just fired an email off to Peg Bradley-Doppes that included this track as an attachment...
                http://youtu.be/gcMn_Eu-XTE?t=39s
                EDIT: I need Almington to explain how to embed vids to start at a particular time stamp
                Last edited by Stauber1; 04-03-2013, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Them's fightin' words, duper...
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

but a lot more diarrhea comes out of some than others.
                    You'd know.

And your perspective, which you love to spout, is based on ignorance and stupidity.
                    Trying to convince yourself of this or other readers here? Don't you realize that readers are completely capable of coming to their own conclusions? Do you think that you misapplying two adjectives like that isn't seen as hyperbole?

What you are is a complete bag of ******, which makes you fun as hell to troll. Especially when your responses to it are as inane, ill thought out, grammatically stupid, and pointless as the above.
                    It's always a delight to see someone who's profession is education write so poorly and with ridiculous adjective choices. I hope you're not teaching beyond 3rd grade.

No one, and I mean no one, is on this horse. No one thought he was perfect or infallible. We all think that he is the best coach DU has had in many many years, which is certainly nothing more or less than the truth. But yes, we DU fans consider your opinion of him worthless, because we know for a fact that it isn't based on 19 years of observing who he is and how he goes about his business, it is based on your personal bitterness based on a very small number of incidents that you CHOOSE to focus on while ignoring the vast majority of what you see.
                    These are what is called run-on sentences. You think because you've used commas that you're tying disparate ideas together but you're not. You've just hastily banged out this angry rant and plastered it together with commas. You've got the material for 8 or 9 sentences there; not 3. If you can confirm that you aren't teaching above 3rd grade I'll be able to rest more easily tonight.

bbdl is doing the same thing, but he is not nearly as big an a-hole as you, which makes trolling his posts much less fun than trolling yours. (much like you, Donald, I enjoy the hell out of irritating people. You aren't the first to assume that I take myself seriously.
                    Humans naturally pretend. Hey ... you can probably turn that into a week-long lesson plan for your 1st graders.

As for the agent thing, who cares? Apparently they don't all have agents. That is weird, I would think they would. I can't imagine why a coach wouldn't have one.
                    Which is it? Who cares or every coach should have an agent? Who cares? DU fans interested in a potential contributing factor to the situation.

Coach to Agent: "Let's get this wrapped up so I can spend the rest of my career here."
                    Agent to Coach: "Of course George but we've got to maximize the return here for you. With that 220K base, you sure have to work hard in the offseason with the camp and all to get to that half-million you've been earning. You're base should be $xxx,xxx ... We've got to increase your leverage to make that happen."
                    Coach to Agent: "I don't mind doing camps and the other things to increase my net worth. I'm all about developing the game. Let's get something in place before that post-menopausal Peg female does something rash."
                    Agent to Coach: "You just worry about coaching and getting your team to the Frozen Four George; she isn't going to do anything rash. You're the man. I'm on your side to show you the money!"
                    Headline April 1st ... FIRED ...
                    Coach to Agent: "Well that escalated fast."

So yeah, he wanted more money than the school would give. At your job, if the company won't pay you what you want, do you stick around forever out of loyalty?
                    Cos a $200,000 base and up to $500,000/year isn't a living wage? Your question is so 4th grade.

That's kind of a stupid thing to fault a guy for. And it certainly doesn't prove that he's only out for himself.
                    Again, the readers here thank you so much for interpreting for them.
                    Last edited by uaafanblog; 04-03-2013, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                      It's always a delight to see someone who's profession is education write so poorly and with ridiculous adjective choices. I hope you're not teaching beyond 3rd grade...
                      "Who's" is a contraction of "who is." The word you were looking for is "whose."

Cos a $200,000 base and up to $500,000/year isn't a living wage? Your question is so 4th grade.
                      Cos? What the hell is cos?
                      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Gwoz says goodbye to DU. How AD Bradley-Doppes can justify letting a quality coach like this go is baffling. Pay the man what he's worth and if you don't have the cash go find it! Perplexing to say the least after Gwoz logs yet another 20 W season. DU's new coach will have some gigantic shoes to fill. Good luck with that.

http://www.denverpost.com/du/ci_2292...cked-by-firing
                        Last edited by HarleyMC; 04-03-2013, 02:18 AM.

Comment

You'd know.
                          Bless you, Donald. So much entertainment. If it weren't for bitter, sad, self-important fools like you, the internet wouldn't be nearly as much fun.
                          Last edited by duper; 04-03-2013, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                            Gwoz says goodbye to DU. How AD Bradley-Doppes can justify letting a quality coach like this go is baffling. Pay the man what he's worth and if you don't have the cash go find it! Perplexing to say the least after Gwoz logs yet another 20 W season. DU's new coach will have some gigantic shoes to fill. Good luck with that.

http://www.denverpost.com/du/ci_2292...cked-by-firing
                            That's the rub, isn't it? They apparently couldn't agree on what he's worth. No organization will disregard their own valuation of an employee's worth and pay the employee what the employee thinks he is worth.
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Bless you, Donald. So much entertainment. If it weren't for bitter, sad, self-important fools like you, the internet wouldn't be nearly as much fun.
                              And thanks to people like you America has the educational system it so fully deserves.

Comment

Ahh, a woman with a hyphen...it all makes sense now.

Comment

Working...
                                X