PDA

View Full Version : Gwoz Resigns from DU?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

carltonbarrett
04-02-2013, 07:59 PM
I may have gotten a little antagonistic over the course of the thread, but all kidding aside, in my very first post I was in no way trying to stir things up, I was just a bit surprised that DU was ranked so high and honestly wanted to know what the DU experts thought. If I recall, the immediate response I got was something like "shut up you idiot" and then the gloves came off :-)

As for BC, not that I should be critiquing them on a DU thread, but their start was pretty legit as they beat several tourney teams, but then the injuries started piling up and we knew from the get go that the one Achilles heel with this team was depth. They crumbled pretty quickly, York was in and out after surgery and while they got some guys back near the end, it was too little too late as the team by then was a train wreck, especially the younger guys whose confidence was shot. So I'm not sure I'd call them overrated as much as I'd say they had some flaws that reared their ugly head as the season progressed. No matter how you slice it though, it was a very poor finish which left a bad taste in fans' mouths.

Shirtless Guy
04-02-2013, 08:02 PM
I know Tech has experience with 4 win seasons, but that chit is not happening here...because denver has never had horrible seasons? How soon you forget what things were like before hiring Gwozdecky...6 wins, 9 wins, 4 wins...same basic chit.

Shirtless Guy
04-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Stupid uscho, resubscribe

Chris
04-02-2013, 09:00 PM
because denver has never had horrible seasons? How soon you forget what things were like before hiring Gwozdecky...6 wins, 9 wins, 4 wins...same basic chit.

I know... 6-30-2 in Serratore's first year and 9-25-2 his second....I lived through those two black hole seasons...at least it was only 2 seasons of crud and not a generation of crap

MinnesotaNorthStar
04-02-2013, 09:04 PM
My hunch is Timmay.No, your WISH is Timmay...:p

I take offense to that. I'd like to believe that I'm every bit as big of an a-hole as Donald.Don't worry, you are...Donald is just more smug about it.

Patman
04-02-2013, 09:09 PM
I take offense to that. I'd like to believe that I'm every bit as big of an a-hole as Donald.

Difference is you try... let's leave it there.

MavHockey14
04-02-2013, 09:21 PM
I'd take him, but why would he leave UNO for a school that shows the lack of loyalty that Denver just did?

Blais has a great history of building teams, coaching up players.
Why would any upper end head coach do so?

Shirtless Guy
04-02-2013, 09:41 PM
I know... 6-30-2 in Serratore's first year and 9-25-2 his second....I lived through those two black hole seasons...at least it was only 2 seasons of crud and not a generation of crapyou just fired one if the most respected coaches in hockey and appear to be devaluing your hockey program. Seems like a pretty toxic situation that many quality candidates would avoid.

bigblue_dl
04-02-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm sure John Hill wouldn't mind a toxic situation like at DU.

Wi.Huskies Fan
04-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Agreed, it was more of a game of chicken than anyone jerking the other side around. Gwoz wanted more money than DU wanted to pay and DU finally decided he wasn't worth that...The question is how much was Gwoz asking for because Head Coach $$s have escalated quite a bit of the last few years with the contracts given to coaches ldepending on Gwoz and Owens which is not ike Sandelin, Pearson and Hastings. Michigan Tech went from 2nd or 3rd lowest in base salary to HC to the highest (public knowledge). The game has changed over the last few years so maybe Gwoz thought he could get alot more than Pearson and company and DU feels more comfortable paying their coach $250-300k even if it means cutting Gwoz loose. As you say Almington, only time will tell if they made the right choice in not showing Gwoz the money. The toughest part about this decision is the timing with the NCHC transition. It will be a tough spot for whoever they hire to deal with that transition on top of other normal changes with a new coach.

According to the Denver Post... from another college hockey website Gwozdecky was making $211,000 annually. It didn't mention if that was base salary, but I would presume it is.
Just my 2 cents....DU made a stupid move.

duper
04-03-2013, 12:12 AM
I take offense to that. I'd like to believe that I'm every bit as big of an a-hole as Donald.Well, you know, if you insist. I've noticed you have horrific taste in music, so there's that... :D

Stauber1
04-03-2013, 12:26 AM
Well, you know, if you insist. I've noticed you have horrific taste in music, so there's that... :D
Speaking of horrible taste in music, my sources tell me Gwoz just fired an email off to Peg Bradley-Doppes that included this track as an attachment...
http://youtu.be/gcMn_Eu-XTE?t=39s
EDIT: I need Almington to explain how to embed vids to start at a particular time stamp :cool:

MinnesotaNorthStar
04-03-2013, 12:45 AM
Well, you know, if you insist. I've noticed you have horrific taste in music, so there's that... :DThem's fightin' words, duper...:mad: :p

uaafanblog
04-03-2013, 12:47 AM
but a lot more diarrhea comes out of some than others.
You'd know.

And your perspective, which you love to spout, is based on ignorance and stupidity.
Trying to convince yourself of this or other readers here? Don't you realize that readers are completely capable of coming to their own conclusions? Do you think that you misapplying two adjectives like that isn't seen as hyperbole?

What you are is a complete bag of ******, which makes you fun as hell to troll. Especially when your responses to it are as inane, ill thought out, grammatically stupid, and pointless as the above.
It's always a delight to see someone who's profession is education write so poorly and with ridiculous adjective choices. I hope you're not teaching beyond 3rd grade.

No one, and I mean no one, is on this horse. No one thought he was perfect or infallible. We all think that he is the best coach DU has had in many many years, which is certainly nothing more or less than the truth. But yes, we DU fans consider your opinion of him worthless, because we know for a fact that it isn't based on 19 years of observing who he is and how he goes about his business, it is based on your personal bitterness based on a very small number of incidents that you CHOOSE to focus on while ignoring the vast majority of what you see.
These are what is called run-on sentences. You think because you've used commas that you're tying disparate ideas together but you're not. You've just hastily banged out this angry rant and plastered it together with commas. You've got the material for 8 or 9 sentences there; not 3. If you can confirm that you aren't teaching above 3rd grade I'll be able to rest more easily tonight.

bbdl is doing the same thing, but he is not nearly as big an a-hole as you, which makes trolling his posts much less fun than trolling yours. (much like you, Donald, I enjoy the hell out of irritating people. You aren't the first to assume that I take myself seriously.
Humans naturally pretend. Hey ... you can probably turn that into a week-long lesson plan for your 1st graders.

As for the agent thing, who cares? Apparently they don't all have agents. That is weird, I would think they would. I can't imagine why a coach wouldn't have one.
Which is it? Who cares or every coach should have an agent? Who cares? DU fans interested in a potential contributing factor to the situation.

Coach to Agent: "Let's get this wrapped up so I can spend the rest of my career here."
Agent to Coach: "Of course George but we've got to maximize the return here for you. With that 220K base, you sure have to work hard in the offseason with the camp and all to get to that half-million you've been earning. You're base should be $xxx,xxx ... We've got to increase your leverage to make that happen."
Coach to Agent: "I don't mind doing camps and the other things to increase my net worth. I'm all about developing the game. Let's get something in place before that post-menopausal Peg female does something rash."
Agent to Coach: "You just worry about coaching and getting your team to the Frozen Four George; she isn't going to do anything rash. You're the man. I'm on your side to show you the money!"
Headline April 1st ... FIRED ...
Coach to Agent: "Well that escalated fast."

So yeah, he wanted more money than the school would give. At your job, if the company won't pay you what you want, do you stick around forever out of loyalty?
Cos a $200,000 base and up to $500,000/year isn't a living wage? Your question is so 4th grade.

That's kind of a stupid thing to fault a guy for. And it certainly doesn't prove that he's only out for himself.
Again, the readers here thank you so much for interpreting for them.

MavsFan
04-03-2013, 12:56 AM
It's always a delight to see someone who's profession is education write so poorly and with ridiculous adjective choices. I hope you're not teaching beyond 3rd grade... "Who's" is a contraction of "who is." The word you were looking for is "whose."

Cos a $200,000 base and up to $500,000/year isn't a living wage? Your question is so 4th grade. Cos? What the hell is cos?

HarleyMC
04-03-2013, 01:52 AM
Gwoz says goodbye to DU. How AD Bradley-Doppes can justify letting a quality coach like this go is baffling. Pay the man what he's worth and if you don't have the cash go find it! Perplexing to say the least after Gwoz logs yet another 20 W season. DU's new coach will have some gigantic shoes to fill. Good luck with that.:rolleyes:

http://www.denverpost.com/du/ci_22924272/george-gwozdecky-initially-stunned-and-shocked-by-firing

duper
04-03-2013, 09:21 AM
You'd know.Bless you, Donald. So much entertainment. :) If it weren't for bitter, sad, self-important fools like you, the internet wouldn't be nearly as much fun.

UncleRay
04-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Gwoz says goodbye to DU. How AD Bradley-Doppes can justify letting a quality coach like this go is baffling. Pay the man what he's worth and if you don't have the cash go find it! Perplexing to say the least after Gwoz logs yet another 20 W season. DU's new coach will have some gigantic shoes to fill. Good luck with that.:rolleyes:

http://www.denverpost.com/du/ci_22924272/george-gwozdecky-initially-stunned-and-shocked-by-firingThat's the rub, isn't it? They apparently couldn't agree on what he's worth. No organization will disregard their own valuation of an employee's worth and pay the employee what the employee thinks he is worth.

uaafanblog
04-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Bless you, Donald. So much entertainment. :) If it weren't for bitter, sad, self-important fools like you, the internet wouldn't be nearly as much fun.

And thanks to people like you America has the educational system it so fully deserves.

SanTropez
04-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Ahh, a woman with a hyphen...it all makes sense now.