Gwoz Resigns from DU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    I wonder if the fact that the team kind of went off the deep end with all the extra curricular stuff on such a big stage played into it at all. I realize that you're going to play physical against the two guys who scored hattricks against you earlier in the season, but it certainly doesn't look good or seem too sportsman like when you knock both of them out of the tournament with concussions courtesy of some very questionable hits. The cheap stuff at the end of the game only made things worse.
    F-off asstonasshat

Comment

• Re: Gwoz Resigns from DU?

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      I said it would be DU's best option, not necessarily Blasi's best option...
      Sadly, this isn't about best options. We wouldn't be having this conversation if it was.
      Go Pioneers!

Comment

any good 'were' incoming freshman that our teams should be calling? that moore kid is havin a good season but more a bc sized tyke. chatham's got some size however.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          You're warmer than you think, as far as money and one of the issues......
          It's been no secret that DU has been pushing to increase the visibility and increase the success of it's bouncyball teams for years. While this may help in the short term, turning DU into a basketball powerhouse is going to take an absolute miracle in hitting on EXACTLY the right coach AND EXACTLY the right recruits. Decreasing expenditures on hockey may help over the short term, but over the long term will only hinder things if the program isn't able to maintain a solid level of success in the NCHC.

This move is like calling the chip leader who you believe has a full house, when you are the 2nd big stack, one spot before the money, because you have an inside straight-flush draw you might hit on the river. It might all work out for you, but it's an incredibly foolish move to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
            It's been no secret that DU has been pushing to increase the visibility and increase the success of it's bouncyball teams for years. While this may help in the short term, turning DU into a basketball powerhouse is going to take an absolute miracle in hitting on EXACTLY the right coach AND EXACTLY the right recruits. Decreasing expenditures on hockey may help over the short term, but over the long term will only hinder things if the program isn't able to maintain a solid level of success in the NCHC.

This move is like calling the chip leader who you believe has a full house, when you are the 2nd big stack, one spot before the money, because you have an inside straight-flush draw you might hit on the river. It might all work out for you, but it's an incredibly foolish move to make.
            And Gwoz was not happy with that. Both were looking for a way out, and they found it. Whichever school lands Gwoz, they better be thanking the powers that be. They will have most likely landed a better coach than they have.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Chris, I'm curious why you think blasi would be denver's best choice. I know he's still a young coach, but his teams have had numerous meltdowns in the postseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                Sadly, this isn't about best options. We wouldn't be having this conversation if it was.
                Well, it is about DU's best option for moving forward, which just has to be done now. Rightly or wrongly it's where the program is at now.

We will have an abundance of choices with a lot of them being good, hopefully a quality choice is made.

Comment

Even the CS Gazette has an article up saying how stupid this was. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Chris, I'm curious why you think blasi would be denver's best choice. I know he's still a young coach, but his teams have had numerous meltdowns in the postseason.

Blasi is still the hot young coach. He will get offers from the "big schools."
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      You sure? Maybe every AD is sweating that they will get rid of a coach before they should and anger their alum and fanbase.
                      Will people get fired with the hope of hiring Gwoz? Anyone who did that would be a complete idiot. But we're also crazy to think that, by the end of the week or early next, schools that have contemplated a change will put feelers out. This happens in college football all the time, and while not all college hockey schools are football powers, it's reasonable to assume that they'd understand how that game is played. Especially ADs who used to be Division I college football coaches.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

What schools would you put in that list? For example, he's not gonna get offered the michigan job when that opens up...

Comment

What schools would you put in that list? For example, he's not gonna get offered the michigan job when that opens up...
                          I hope that it's clear that I was pointing at the Badgers. After hitting submit, I realized that I could have been believed to be talking about UNO, where Alberts played but didn't coach — but I'm guessing that he know what's up.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

tUMD..if they hadn't won that title, that job was going to be open. I wouldn't rule out MI, if Red retires, given tMel's (MTU) contract. Other than that? I have no clue.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              A valid question.

He is a quality coach and with how I work with the program, someone who is familiar would just be preferable and easier for us. I just see him as more prepared to carry on where Gwoz left off than many others. Plus, Gwoz (not that I think otherwise in general) would probably be more adamant about his commits sticking for someone who he was a mentor for than someone who he is not as familiar with...basically I don't want a repeat of '94 where we lost all our commits which set us back a coupe of years.

Comment

I think he'll head east. My first guess is Northeastern.
                                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Working...
                                X