Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trolling on USCHO is Going Down the Tubes

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    We don't have to win an NC to equal the accomplishments of the Gophers over the past handful of seasons. In fact, in the past 5 years, lowly St. Cloud State has more NCAA wins than the Gophers.

I am not blowing my wad, just dishing back some smarm to a Gopher fan who dealt it out.
    I'm with Gurt on this one. Get that banner ready. Oh, and if that's such an accomplishment over the last 5 years. That means you should have plenty of hardware to go along with that, right? No? Just the one Cup that you shared with us? Hmm... wonder what happened there. You must at least have more NCAA wins in that time. No? The same number of wins when you include this year? Well, there must be something then. Oh well. Sure seems like you were trying to blow your wad a week early, if things go your way. Good luck with that.
    Last edited by Tiggsy; 04-01-2013, 05:05 PM.

Comment

this thread brings a tear to my eye.
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
        I'm with Gurt on this one. Get that banner ready. Oh, and if that's such an accomplishment over the last 5 years. That means you should have plenty of hardware to go along with that, right? No? Just the one Cup that you shared with us? Hmm... wonder what happened there. You must at least have more NCAA wins in that time. No? The same number of wins when you include this year? Well, there must be something then. Oh well. Sure seems like you were trying to blow your wad a week early, if things go your way. Good luck with that.
        Like I said before, stooge:

SCSU - 1 win in 2010, 2 wins in 2013 = 3 wins
        U of M - 2 wins in 2012 = 2 wins

For all the trash Gopher fans talk, their team really hasn't done that much recently to back it up. St. Cloud basically just equaled your recent accomplishments in one weekend.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

For all the trash Gopher fans talk, their team really hasn't done that much recently to back it up. St. Cloud basically just equaled your recent accomplishments in one weekend.
          You are right. It's posts like this that I will miss in the decades ahead. Maybe you should be more happy with your school's performance than comparing SCSU to Minnesota's 85 year history. I could be a Liverpool fc fan and make chants like, "History"? What "history". But that is not my cup a tea. Good luck in the tourney.
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Liverpool has a hockey team?

Comment

Originally posted by nuke View Post
              Liverpool has a hockey team?
              Yep, Paul McCartney is the 1st line center.

Comment

I miss P N S.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  I miss P N S.
                  Actually, you missed the "E" and the "I" in that word.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Was off a couple years. Not too far off for not looking back. 2007 was the 3rd win.

You call back to back Cups not much of an accomplishment? We've been playing down all year but still managed to get our name on the Cup too. And that took all season. You made your one frozen 4, and that's cute. Look who thinks they can hang with the big boys now. Can't wait to see the new banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                      Was off a couple years. Not too far off for not looking back. 2007 was the 3rd win.

You call back to back Cups not much of an accomplishment? We've been playing down all year but still managed to get our name on the Cup too. And that took all season. You made your one frozen 4, and that's cute. Look who thinks they can hang with the big boys now. Can't wait to see the new banner.
                      Back to back conference titles is definitely an accomplishment. The "we've been playing down all year" is such a cop-out. You think we played our best every game? As far as being able to hang with the big boys now, if you consider Minnesota one of the big boys, then I think over the past 4-5 years that we have. You can make fun of the participation banner all you want but it has now been 10 years since the Gophers' last title. You have two frozen fours since then and we have one. We are two wins away from a title. If we win, then what? Would you still take the Gophers' last ten years over SCSUs? If you haven't gotten my main point yet, it is that the Gophers' recent history isn't much more impressive than St. Cloud's, so I don't know why you are trying to rag on our program.
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Back to back conference titles is definitely an accomplishment. The "we've been playing down all year" is such a cop-out. You think we played our best every game? As far as being able to hang with the big boys now, if you consider Minnesota one of the big boys, then I think over the past 4-5 years that we have. You can make fun of the participation banner all you want but it has now been 10 years since the Gophers' last title. You have two frozen fours since then and we have one. We are two wins away from a title. If we win, then what? Would you still take the Gophers' last ten years over SCSUs? If you haven't gotten my main point yet, it is that the Gophers' recent history isn't much more impressive than St. Cloud's, so I don't know why you are trying to rag on our program.
                        Because recent success < overall history. Honestly, stop being a vag, and you might get more respect. Others in your fanbase get it, why can't you?
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Because recent success < overall history. Honestly, stop being a vag, and you might get more respect. Others in your fanbase get it, why can't you?
                          In his defense, only a few in that fanbase actually get it, most are completely clueless.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            In his defense, only a few in that fanbase actually get it, most are completely clueless.
                            This is true. DL actually gets it, though. Just sayin'.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              If you haven't realized it yet, I don't give two tugs about 'getting respect' from you or the half of your fanbase that consistently denigrates SCSU, or who after dishing it out to our school about our one-and-dones get butthurt when they get it back. Capiche?

Comment

If you haven't realized it yet, I don't give two tugs about 'getting respect' from you or the half of your fanbase that consistently denigrates SCSU, or who after dishing it out to our school about our one-and-dones get butthurt when they get it back. Capiche?
                                I have realized it. You're a vag. tArrogance thrives on the hate, if you haven't realized it. We're the Yankees of college hockey. CAPISCE? (you can't even spell THAT right)

Comment

Working...
                                X