PDA

View Full Version : Trolling on USCHO is Going Down the Tubes

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

SanTropez
04-01-2013, 01:34 PM
It is more exciting than living in the past. Which is basically all the Gophers have right now. Have fun watching your highlights from 10 years ago!

You guys made the frozen four (nice work) but you haven't won a NC, so don't blow your wad quite yet chief.

Tipsy McStagger
04-01-2013, 01:46 PM
You guys made the frozen four (nice work) but you haven't won a NC, so don't blow your wad quite yet chief.
We don't have to win an NC to equal the accomplishments of the Gophers over the past handful of seasons. In fact, in the past 5 years, lowly St. Cloud State has more NCAA wins than the Gophers. :eek:

I am not blowing my wad, just dishing back some smarm to a Gopher fan who dealt it out.

Gurtholfin
04-01-2013, 02:02 PM
We don't have to win an NC to equal the accomplishments of the Gophers over the past handful of seasons. In fact, in the past 5 years, lowly St. Cloud State has more NCAA wins than the Gophers. :eek:

Are they knitting that banner as we speak?

Tipsy McStagger
04-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Are they knitting that banner as we speak?
Yes, it is just a huge banner with the visage of Jan Brady.

Hammer
04-01-2013, 02:20 PM
10-15 years ago the trolling on this place was dynamite.

streaker
04-01-2013, 02:25 PM

Indeed. Even the mods flamed back then. Look what Bettman did to college hockey forums, too.

4four4
04-01-2013, 04:44 PM
I read the post. You are whining sour grapes because your team had an embarrasing knock out again. Trolling is never clever and fun when you are on the other side of it.

I'd honestlly be worried about the heart Lucia's teams exhibit. They were on cruise control until the going got tough.

Or maybe other schools should be more worried about their Division 2 upgrade status because the next thing you know not being in the same conference as Wisconsin might bring the end of programs like BSU, MSU, SCSU or even UMD.

4four4
04-01-2013, 04:45 PM

I am not blowing my wad, just dishing back some smarm to a Gopher fan who dealt it out.

I will give you your wad but act like you have been there.

Dirty
04-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Indeed. Even the mods flamed back then. Look what Bettman did to college hockey forums, too.

The mods still flame today, just in a different way.

bigblue_dl
04-01-2013, 04:59 PM
I will give you your wad but act like you have been there.I think the better question is, how did you get his wad in the first place?

Tiggsy
04-01-2013, 05:02 PM

I'm with Gurt on this one. Get that banner ready. Oh, and if that's such an accomplishment over the last 5 years. That means you should have plenty of hardware to go along with that, right? No? Just the one Cup that you shared with us? Hmm... wonder what happened there. You must at least have more NCAA wins in that time. No? The same number of wins when you include this year? Well, there must be something then. Oh well. Sure seems like you were trying to blow your wad a week early, if things go your way. Good luck with that. :D

Happy
04-01-2013, 05:15 PM
this thread brings a tear to my eye.

Tipsy McStagger
04-01-2013, 05:48 PM
I'm with Gurt on this one. Get that banner ready. Oh, and if that's such an accomplishment over the last 5 years. That means you should have plenty of hardware to go along with that, right? No? Just the one Cup that you shared with us? Hmm... wonder what happened there. You must at least have more NCAA wins in that time. No? The same number of wins when you include this year? Well, there must be something then. Oh well. Sure seems like you were trying to blow your wad a week early, if things go your way. Good luck with that. :D
Like I said before, stooge:

SCSU - 1 win in 2010, 2 wins in 2013 = 3 wins
U of M - 2 wins in 2012 = 2 wins

For all the trash Gopher fans talk, their team really hasn't done that much recently to back it up. St. Cloud basically just equaled your recent accomplishments in one weekend.

4four4
04-01-2013, 06:14 PM

For all the trash Gopher fans talk, their team really hasn't done that much recently to back it up. St. Cloud basically just equaled your recent accomplishments in one weekend.

You are right. It's posts like this that I will miss in the decades ahead. Maybe you should be more happy with your school's performance than comparing SCSU to Minnesota's 85 year history. I could be a Liverpool fc fan and make chants like, "History"? What "history". But that is not my cup a tea. Good luck in the tourney.

nuke
04-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Liverpool has a hockey team?

SanTropez
04-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Liverpool has a hockey team?

Yep, Paul McCartney is the 1st line center.

manurespreader
04-01-2013, 07:38 PM
I miss P N S.

bigblue_dl
04-01-2013, 07:43 PM
I miss P N S.Actually, you missed the "E" and the "I" in that word.

Tiggsy
04-01-2013, 08:53 PM

Was off a couple years. Not too far off for not looking back. 2007 was the 3rd win.

You call back to back Cups not much of an accomplishment? We've been playing down all year but still managed to get our name on the Cup too. And that took all season. You made your one frozen 4, and that's cute. Look who thinks they can hang with the big boys now. Can't wait to see the new banner.

Tipsy McStagger
04-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Was off a couple years. Not too far off for not looking back. 2007 was the 3rd win.

You call back to back Cups not much of an accomplishment? We've been playing down all year but still managed to get our name on the Cup too. And that took all season. You made your one frozen 4, and that's cute. Look who thinks they can hang with the big boys now. Can't wait to see the new banner.
Back to back conference titles is definitely an accomplishment. The "we've been playing down all year" is such a cop-out. You think we played our best every game? As far as being able to hang with the big boys now, if you consider Minnesota one of the big boys, then I think over the past 4-5 years that we have. You can make fun of the participation banner all you want but it has now been 10 years since the Gophers' last title. You have two frozen fours since then and we have one. We are two wins away from a title. If we win, then what? Would you still take the Gophers' last ten years over SCSUs? If you haven't gotten my main point yet, it is that the Gophers' recent history isn't much more impressive than St. Cloud's, so I don't know why you are trying to rag on our program.