No announcement yet.

Who will be the 2013 National Champion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who will be the 2013 National Champion?

Obviously I'm a homer and simply can't go against my Bobcats. That said, I think any of the 4 are capable and worthy. My only hope is for 3 well-played games by all involved.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
      It's more fun to say who ISN'T going to win the title this year. NOT Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Boston College, Denver, Boston University....
      Cornell...

That said...would be interesting to have an all-ECAC, all-Connecticut national championship...
      Can you imagine?...
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        Co-sign.
        Tangent.

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
        Cornell...

Comment

Originally posted by PhatKroger10 View Post
          Totally hypothetical, but say Yale beats Lowell and then Quinnipiac. Would they be the first team ever to beat three 1 seeds and a 2 seed?
          The same exact thing could be said if SCSU beats UML in the title game. OMG, it's totally kismit! They should, like, totally be, like, BFFs!
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            The same exact thing could be said if SCSU beats UML in the title game. OMG, it's totally kismit! They should, like, totally be, like, BFFs!
            Cool... that means QU-UML for the bling! ;P
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

I think it will be an all-ECAC, all-New Haven area final with Yale and Quinnipiac. It will be the fourth battle of the Whitney War this year!!!

Comment

In pro football the general rule of thumb is that "defense" wins championships. I am not sure if this translates to college hockey, but if it does, then this will be the "Year of the Riverhawk".
                University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

UML, giving up a goal in each game.......................maybe

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    UML, giving up a goal in each game.......................maybe
                    SCSU, giving up only one goal in each game...............maybe.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The sioux dammit

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                        Somebody who won't get enough credit (particularly if it is SCSU) because some fans of traditional powers (Minn) will say it is an off year for college hockey. Probably only Yalke will be immune as they knocked off both "tradiional" powers ND and Minn.
                        As a fan of a team that falls into the traditional power category, I will not lessen the credit based on this Frozen Four. BC, Minnesota, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Denver, and Wisconsin had the exact same chance to win that Quinnipiac, Yale, Lowell, and St. Cloud had. Furthermore, Lowell, St. Cloud, and especially Yale had to get through at least one very good team to get to the FF.

Comment

As much as I would like to see a QU - Yale Championship, making CT the hub of College Hockey (for this year anyway), i think UML is just too balanced to get knocked off.

I think it is great to see the non traditional schools make it to the FF this year. No school has a birth right to be there. These schools all earned their way in, no one backed in.

Good luck to all four teams

Comment

Originally posted by UNHHurstFan View Post
                            As much as I would like to see a QU - Yale Championship, making CT the hub of College Hockey (for this year anyway), i think UML is just too balanced to get knocked off.

I think it is great to see the non traditional schools make it to the FF this year. No school has a birth right to be there. These schools all earned their way in, no one backed in.

Good luck to all four teams
                            I watched the UML-BU final of the HEL tournament, and thought UML was very impressive. They've gone 24-3-1 since early December, and that's about as good as it gets. But, of those 24 wins, only 3 have been against tournament teams (1 over BC, and the 2 over the weekend). I think they have the best overall body of work of the remaining 4 teams, but it is very, very close.

Comment

My second guess would be Yale. Those *ers can skate. Plus, they (arguably) had the toughest path in their region.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

shouldn't this be a pole?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X