EZAC??? I think not!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    "So called" NHL draft picks? Are you implying they aren't really draft picks? The media guides just made it up?

Look, I'm happy that the ECAC is doing well. Glad Yale won both of the games they did. Happy for the Q and Union and happy BC got knocked out. But all this needs to stop. Trust me, I hate UND and MN way more than you guys do, but how about this.... enjoy the fact that the ECAC is doing well THIS WEEKEND. Don't start talking about how you could hang with the WCHA over a full season bc a) most people who know college hockey feel that's COMPLETELY false. And b) who cares? This is your weekend, enjoy it! Enjoy the Frozen Four.

Nothing upsets me more on Easter Sunday than ECAC fans running their mouths so much I have to stick up for UND and MN fans!
    You WCHA guys wouldn't be getting any slack from ECAC fans and alumni players had you not completely disrespected us in all the blogs we read before the tourney started. My point still stands. You have won only one title in the last 6 years and soon to be one in seven! If you guys were so great you would have won at least 3 of the last 6 but during that time you have folded up when it matters. The only time that it matters!! Stop living in your glory days boys as they are gone. The habs have sucked for years but are the best franchise in the history of the NHL. Means squat right now.

Comment

Re: EZAC??? I think not!!!

Originally posted by Gallant Union Goalie 95 View Post
      You WCHA guys wouldn't be getting any slack from ECAC fans and alumni players had you not completely disrespected us in all the blogs we read before the tourney started. My point still stands. You have won only one title in the last 6 years and soon to be one in seven! If you guys were so great you would have won at least 3 of the last 6 but during that time you have folded up when it matters. The only time that it matters!! Stop living in your glory days boys as they are gone. The habs have sucked for years but are the best franchise in the history of the NHL. Means squat right now.
      Bwaaaahahahahaaaaaahahahahaaaahaha. Someone is a little defensive. Obviously, since the conference has only won its share of titles, instead of the half of all titles that it historically wins, that means that the WCHA is just like College Hockey America. Why didn't I realize this earlier?

Comment

Why did you decide to go back 6 years specifically? Seems like an odd number to select
        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
          Why did you decide to go back 6 years specifically? Seems like an odd number to select
          He has a date with a French model he met on the internet.
          "My greatest achievement."
          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
            KRACH ratings by conference, average and average of top 3
            All Teams Top 3
            WC 147.8 232.3
            HE 147.6 243.9
            EC 146.5 260.2
            CC 130.1 206.6
            AH 57.7 92.3
            IN 30.7 NA

Just happy to see historic under-performance in the playoffs dissipate a bit. A lot of that is due to balance. The 3 top ECAC (KRACH-based) teams have simply performed a bit better relative to the average than in previous years. The conferences themselves are all quite close, as the close performance in the handful of inter-conference games shows.
            Really excellent analysis .... right on the money .... I did the same analysis but I actually went through all the games played for each team in each conference and compared interconference play my numbers came out the same (as you would expect them too). Great job !!!
            Last edited by Dutchman; 03-31-2013, 03:14 PM.
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Who cares how many title you've won. That's like saying my habs are the best because they have won more titles than pit and boston combined!!! You stuck up WCHA fans were all posting on these boards that you should have an all WCHA frozen four!! Maybe u can put 4 losers together and have your own tourney Call it 'best of the rest' lmao. GO UNION WITH A REPEAT VISIT TO THE DANCE. THAT'S WHAT I SAID WCHA, A REPEAT VISIT. 2000 students and no full rides doing what all your so called nhl draft picks teams can't!!
              Are people STILL perpetuating that "no scholarship" crap?
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                "So called" NHL draft picks? Are you implying they aren't really draft picks? The media guides just made it up?

Look, I'm happy that the ECAC is doing well. Glad Yale won both of the games they did. Happy for the Q and Union and happy BC got knocked out. But all this needs to stop. Trust me, I hate UND and MN way more than you guys do, but how about this.... enjoy the fact that the ECAC is doing well THIS WEEKEND. Don't start talking about how you could hang with the WCHA over a full season bc a) most people who know college hockey feel that's COMPLETELY false. And b) who cares? This is your weekend, enjoy it! Enjoy the Frozen Four.

Nothing upsets me more on Easter Sunday than ECAC fans running their mouths so much I have to stick up for UND and MN fans!
                "this needs to stop."
                This needs to STOP???

Oh, no no no. Folks are just getting warmed up.
                It's all WCHA 24/7 on the USCHO boards, every year. Even though the conference really hasn't earned it since 2005, and that one year was an anomaly. The WCHA hasn't truly dominated since about 1983, and pretty much the entire rest of the country is sick of their bulletin board folks who weren't even born then. As recently as yesterday I was seeing posts that not one team in the ECAC could finish in the top half of the WCHA, and that North Dakota would "take Yale to the woodshed."

No, no, no. We're going to enjoy this.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                  "this needs to stop."
                  This needs to STOP???

It's all WCHA 24/7 on the USCHO boards, every year. Even though the conference really hasn't earned it since 2005, and that one year was an anomaly. The WCHA hasn't truly dominated since about 1983, and pretty much the entire rest of the country is sick of their bulletin board folks who weren't even born then. As recently as yesterday I was seeing posts that not one team in the ECAC could finish in the top half of the WCHA, and that North Dakota would "take Yale to the woodshed."

Except that the WCHA won the NC in 2002 through 2006...
                  Originally posted by CavalryNate
                  Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                    Selective Stat mining. Torture the data long enough and you can usually make it say whatever you want. Just like how most of us can say that the WCHA is the best by counting titles by going back enough years.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Re: EZAC??? I think not!!!

Doesn't it suck when your team loses and the only way to make yourself feel better is to hide behind your computer and write how much other teams suck. Oh well. Yale's still winning, so I'm still watching them on tv
                      Last edited by goblue24; 03-31-2013, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue24 View Post
                        Doesn't it suck when your team loses and the only way to make yourself feel better is to hide behind your computer and write how much other teams suck. Oh well. Yale's still winning, so I'm still watching them on tv
                        And where are you at?
                        "My greatest achievement."
                        Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                          He has a date with a French model he met on the internet.
                          "Er.....bon Joor?"

Comment

• Originally posted by matt View Post
                            "this needs to stop."
                            This needs to STOP???

Exactly my point. They've choked for many years and just hide behind lifetime stats!! All that matters is now and last time I checked we had 3 teams qualify with 2 max frozen four spots possible which the ECAC grabbed both. The mighty WCHA had 6 teams and 3 frozen four possible spots and the only team they have left is St Cloud. Maybe they should have split up the ECAC teams and thrown RPI in so we could have had an all ECAC frozen four, lmao. We know that wouldn't happen but the WCHA forums all thought they deserved all 4 spots!! Oh yeah, congtats to HE for their spot in the show and hopefully you can add a second. All eastern frozen four and no BU or BC!! CAN'T GET ANY BETTER. GO UNION!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                              Are people STILL perpetuating that "no scholarship" crap?
                              Common sense, your kid is getting recruited by big name school say a Michigan and can get a full ride and much easier entry grade wise or a small school like Union and maybe get some financial aid but will cost you. Where is your kid going?? Unless you have lots of cash and I mean lots (Union was $27000-30000 per year from 1991-95!!) your kid is going to the freebie. Plus Union is only an option if your kid has the grades. A 2000 student private college is no picnic to get into. The big schools will ALWAYS have the advantage just as the big market big budget pro teams do.

Comment

Uh neither game today features a hockey east team. And since when are miami/scsu considered eastern teams?

Comment

Working...
                                X