• Show
Clear All

• Re: Attendance at Regionals

QU had more fans there than anyone yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      QU had more fans there than anyone yesterday
      Not surprised -- they were easy to see on TV too. I'm sure the Dunk is hoping they come en masse tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        Why not make the week immediately following the conference tourneys the off week? That would give fans more time to make arrangements to travel. And everyone already knows when and where the Frozen Four is.
        To do that they would have to start the season earlier or compress the schedule. Remember they changed the schedule years ago so as not to have the F4 go up against the hoop finals.

Comment

If any of the WCHA teams played in St Paul MN Civic Center the NCAA may have sold up to 19000 tickets The regional games need to stay regional

Comment

Originally posted by the third party View Post
            If any of the WCHA teams played in St Paul MN Civic Center the NCAA may have sold up to 19000 tickets The regional games need to stay regional
            like last year when the gophs and sioux played there both days and they didn't open up the 2nd level
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by the third party View Post
              No they wouldn't have. Last year the regional final game in St. Paul included Minnesota and North Dakota, easily the biggest draw in college hockey, and only about 12.000 people attended the game. The tickets are way too expensive, and alcohol is not served.

Comment

Originally posted by as15 View Post
                No they wouldn't have. Last year the regional final game in St. Paul included Minnesota and North Dakota, easily the biggest draw in college hockey, and only about 12.000 people attended the game. The tickets are way too expensive, and alcohol is not served.
                Could care less about the alcohol but they have to reevaluate the ticket prices. Need to allow people to purchase the days individually and lower cost to about $25 max with an under 12 rate around $15 (kids under 5 should be free, ridiculous to have to buy a ticket for a 2 year old). A combination of these things will increase attendance and revenue. Wonder if NCAA actually ever listens to the fanbase and gather input or do they just sit in locked rooms at Indianapolis and make this stuff up?
                Last edited by riverchief1; 03-31-2013, 05:49 PM.
                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Hard to tell from the tight TV angles but I'm going to wager there are fewer people in Providence than Saturday.

Comment

tickets for the game should be $25, a student $15, Child 5-13/senior citizen should be $10.

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                      Wonder if NCAA actually ever listens to the fanbase and gather input or do they just sit in locked rooms at Indianapolis and make this stuff up?
                      The latter. If I'm shouting, it's because I can barely hear over the deafening roar of the huge crown in Providence!

Let's face it - if not for having TWO teams within 30 miles of the arena (Manchester), you could have combined all four regionals and not had as many people as one night of the Hockey East Tournament at the Garden.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        The latter. If I'm shouting, it's because I can barely hear over the deafening roar of the huge crown in Providence!

Let's face it - if not for having TWO teams within 30 miles of the arena (Manchester), you could have combined all four regionals and not had as many people as one night of the Hockey East Tournament at the Garden.
                        But last year Union travelled very well to Bridgeport being somewhat close an altough a little farther, I'm guessing they have a decent fanbase at Providence. Same with Q.

Manchester was great but had UNH not been in the final, all 150 Denver or Wisconsin fans would've been all that were there besides the few 1000 Lowell fans and the diehard UNH supporters. Thought Lowell though had the edge in fans but having both bands there, mascots, etc. led to a great atmosphere not found at the other venues this weekend. One thing odd though was that neither Wisconsin or Denver had a mascot with them. I understand the bands (or smaller versions) not being there but at least have someone pack the mascot costume and put it on an undressed player or something to help generate a little something. Interplay between UML and UNH mascots was fun during the game.
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                          I understand the bands (or smaller versions) not being there but at least have someone pack the mascot costume and put it on an undressed player or something to help generate a little something.
                          Maybe they couldn't find anyone who could skate.

Comment

Maybe they couldn't find anyone who could skate.
                            After seeing Wisconsin, possibly.
                            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Attendance in Toledo was 2460. That means the attendance for the western regionals was 9655. At both sites. On both days.

They could have played both regionals at Ferris State and still had seats left over.

Comment

Fitchburg used to be a thriving industrial city. Business and industry leaders in textiles, shoes, paper and engineering as well as arts. You probably didn't know (or didn't care) that the man who engineered and built the Hoosac Tunnel (you probably don't know what or where that is either) was from Fitchburg. Unfortunately, in the 60s and 70s the left-wingers decided to make it a welfare and drug town. When you create a magnet, everyone is attracted to it. So everyone flowed up the pipeline from New York to Bridgeport to New Haven to Hartford to Springfield and Holyoke to Worcester and Fitchburg to sell their drugs. It has suffered the same fate as every other Massachusetts mill town. The successful people have moved out to the burbs and what's left is inner city poverty and crime. What's a shame is that the politicians deliberately planned this (by advertising on billboards "Move to Fitchburg and Leominster" - and live on welfare). Funny that none of THEM live here, though. They all live in affluent towns. We will probably move away eventually, but declining property values make it difficult to sell without downsizing. My wife actually wanted to build in the suburbs but I thought it would be cheaper in the city, plus I'm 1.7 miles from commuter rail and .9 miles from the highway and is convenient to everything. But...she was right - I was stubborn, so I'm paying for it now. It's just a sad commentary that has been repeated over and over all across this country.
                                Hello thanks for giving all of us your own delusional version of history, we really appreciate it, your a really smart person.

Comment

Working...
                                X