Comment

Re: Attendance at Regionals

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Numbers so far

Manchester 8049, 8357
      Providence 6253
      Grand Rapids 2289, 1918
      Toledo 2988
      So, the total attendance for all the regionals is about the same as one Final Five game. Huh.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        So, the total attendance for all the regionals is about the same as one Final Five game. Huh.
        if this final 5 event is so great, why was the last one ever held last week
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Like the Frozen Four, with the Final Five, a large contingent of fans have their annual routine and can/do plan a year in advance. Obviously, you can't do that with a regional.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            if this final 5 event is so great, why was the last one ever held last week
            Because Barry Alvarez and PSU are dicks.

(and the WCHA F5 will continue next year, but it's not the SAME as before )
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MichFan View Post
              Like the Frozen Four, with the Final Five, a large contingent of fans have their annual routine and can/do plan a year in advance. Obviously, you can't do that with a regional.
              What is the attendance for the CCHA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                BC has fans when they're not playing for the national championship or Beanpot? Are you sure?
                This is a dumb comment. Check bc's home attendance numbers.

Anyway, much better attendance in providence than I expected. I would say 6,000+ but we'll see what the official number is.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Anyway, much better attendance in providence than I expected. I would say 6,000+ but we'll see what the official number is.
                  6,253. Already announced and posted twice here.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Just teasing. You've gotta admit that when BC wins, the bandwagon is bursting at the seams. When they lose? Eh.

Comment

• Re: Attendance at Regionals

I have a feeling the Midwest regional next year will have low attendance.

Comment

Like I said before, everything but the Frozen Four should be hosted by 1 seeds. Complete waste of money going to neutral arenas making all fans of the 4 teams travel.

See: 2011 NCAA West Regional in St. Louis. Featuring 1 BC, 2 Michigan, 3 UNO and 4 CC. Yeah, real advantage for that 1 seed. 17 hours away from Chestnut Hill.

Dominated by Michigan fans. But that's only because of the St. Louis alumni.
                        ---
                        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                        19 Conference Championships
                        10 Conference Tournament Championships
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                          Like I said before, everything but the Frozen Four should be hosted by 1 seeds.
                          Well, I think that's more the case in the West. As has been discussed, due to the population density in the East you will always have better crowds because EVERY venue is in easy proximity of SEVERAL schools. Yeah, there's the occasional "off year" where you get a strange combination, but for the most part it's true. In the West, the only time you get big crowds is if 1) One of the schools is essentially home and 2) If that school happens to be one of the big state schools. Otherwise, you get something like Grand Rapids this year or that scenario you spoke of in St. Louis.

But most of all, I wish people would just ACCEPT that college hockey is a regional, niche sport and stop trying to force it upon areas of the country that couldn't care less about it. If you're going to play at "neutral" venues, go to places where they love college hockey!!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            Well, I think that's more the case in the West. As has been discussed, due to the population density in the East you will always have better crowds because EVERY venue is in easy proximity of SEVERAL schools. Yeah, there's the occasional "off year" where you get a strange combination, but for the most part it's true. In the West, the only time you get big crowds is if 1) One of the schools is essentially home and 2) If that school happens to be one of the big state schools. Otherwise, you get something like Grand Rapids this year or that scenario you spoke of in St. Louis.

But most of all, I wish people would just ACCEPT that college hockey is a regional, niche sport and stop trying to force it upon areas of the country that couldn't care less about it. If you're going to play at "neutral" venues, go to places where they love college hockey!!
                            Agreed until hockey grows try to keep in areas were college hockey is popular.

Comment

Disappointed in the attendance in Toledo overall. I expected more from the Notre Dame fan base.

On the other hand I thought Miami was very well represented in the second game.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                                Just teasing. You've gotta admit that when BC wins, the bandwagon is bursting at the seams. When they lose? Eh.
                                Are you talking about on here? A lot of people go silent when their team loses.

Hockeyplayer, didn't see the number till after I posted. Good showing by the fans in providence tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X