Great ESPN graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great ESPN graphics

Saw my first one, they showed the Minnesota/Yale score and at the bottom "Yale leads series 1-0"

Isn't it a "best of 1" series?

Re: Great ESPN graphics

*****http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/751453921.jpg******

Comment

They should have gone with Old Hampshire just to round it out.

Comment

Niagara doesn't stand a chance against the South Dakota juggernaut.

Comment

I've said it before in years past, I think this is the event they let all the high school interns work on.

Anyone else remember a few years back under the score box they had "delay penalty" rather than "delayed penalty"?

Comment

Are the coyotes a hostile and abusive symbol of Native American oppression?

Comment

Did NoDak move south to become the Sou?

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                I've said it before in years past, I think this is the event they let all the high school interns work on.

Anyone else remember a few years back under the score box they had "delay penalty" rather than "delayed penalty"?
                I'm a bit of a TV graphics nerd, so I pay more attention to these sort of things than I should.

It's interesting that they're using the scoring bug at the top of the screen rather than the bottom (as is standard for most other ESPN broadcasts). I'm not a fan of the bright red used to mark powerplays. It's currently "stuck" stating "Even", highlighting Lowell, for some reason. During the final minute of each period in the Minnesota Yale game, they switched the clock in the scoreboard to picture-in-picture super-imposed clock from the physical scoreboard in the arena, which signifies that they either do not have a direct timing feed from the official scorer, or that it lacks the tenths-of-second resolution.

EDIT: If they didn't have an official timing feed from the scorer's table, that would also explain why the clock didn't move immediately at the beginning of OT, then free-ran from 19:56 to 19:51 after the goal. Not ideal to be manually operating the scoreboard clock!
                Last edited by RHamilton; 03-29-2013, 05:24 PM.
                RPI Class of 2012
                Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Why the need for the "live" graphic in the upper corner?

Comment

Just saw another, they had a graphic for tomorrow ges on ESPNU
                    Including 8pm for BC/union, when its a 9pm start

Edit:they pulled the graphic card quick, and when it returned 10 minutes later, it was corrected
                    Last edited by billmich88888; 03-29-2013, 05:45 PM.

Comment

I loved the one they just showed with a Lax double header at 12 and 2. We all know how THIS one is going to end up tomorrow afternoon, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                        Why the need for the "live" graphic in the upper corner?
                        Because espn u is broadcasting 3 games live, then the UML-Wisconsin on tape delay
                        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                        ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Don't forget when they talk about regional appearances, the regionals did not start until 1981 (or did they really start in 1992 when they went to one and done?)
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Don't forget when they talk about regional appearances, the regionals did not start until 1981 (or did they really start in 1992 when they went to one and done?)
                            The latter. When you say "regionals" it's basically referring to the early '90s for the current format. Prior to that, there were NCAA Quarters played at campus sites -- whole different deal and nobody referred to it as a "regional".
                            Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 03-29-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

It's interesting that they're using the scoring bug at the top of the screen rather than the bottom (as is standard for most other ESPN broadcasts).
                              Pretty much standard for hockey broadcasts though. If the scoring bug is placed at the bottom of the screen in hockey, it's always going to be covering the field of play. At the top of the screen, most of the time it's just masking out the crowd, which is why most hockey broadcasts always place it on the top.

Comment

Working...
                              X