East Regional - (Providence) BC vs Union, QC vs Canisius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Regional - (Providence) BC vs Union, QC vs Canisius

Thought I start a thread on this since no one seems to be interested in this regional. I'm interested in Union fans thoughts on their team and how they think their team will do and how their team is going to do it.

Many think this is a gift for BC but with their inconsistent play and weaknesses, this may not be as easy on paper as on the ice. It helps that York will be back behind the bench and not too far to travel for BC. I think BC has enough talent and experience to win this game but let's see what Union's game plan is.

Union's OCC games show they beat Merrimack, Lose to Vermont and Lake Superior.

Union has been playing well of late and will test BC's weaknesses. They have won 6 straight so far and their last losses were in February to Cornell and Colgate.

Union's offense seems to be their upper classmen in Simpsom and Carr, then Jooris and Bodie, all seniors and juniors. Grosenick has only allowed 62 goals in 32 games. BC should be focused for the whole game especially after the last one on Friday where they had control and lost it all of a sudden. Parker Milner hopefully will be sharp and focused because they need him to play well or else it's one and done.

QU should have no problem with Canisius but they did struggle with Cornell and got beat by Brown.
    Last edited by BCeagle; 03-28-2013, 09:33 AM.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Re: East Regional - (Providence) BC vs Union, QC vs Canisius

Well, calling us QC isn't very nice.

We're all worried with our usual Quinnipiac worry for the Canisius game. The Bobcats have a history of playing strange games against seemingly subpar competition. It looked like the urgency kicked in a little in the ECAC consolation game against Yale and hopefully that remains so the rest of the way.

Union's hot. It had a real down stretch during the middle of the season but has really picked it up over the last month and looked pretty excellent in Atlantic City. The Union-BC game is definitely one of the best regional semifinals of them all.

For the sake of legitimacy and necessity, I sort of hope BC beats Union. Quinnipiac has beaten Union twice and all, but I feel like the Bobcats would really know the situation if they saw the Eagles skating across from them with a Frozen Four berth on the line. Too, it just feels right that Quinnipiac should have to go through BC to get to its first Frozen Four. It's by no means a certainty that QU even wins its first game (we longtime Bobcats know how they can play when we expect them to roll), but I think I'd like to see that matchup.

Comment

As a Union fan I love the BC matchup. It is a classic one of a power house team playing in front of their fans vs. the under dog who is white hot. Win or lose this is the best Union has played all season and so BC should get their best shot. Especially since most of the guys on this team were on the FF team last year - the glare of the spotlight should not be an issue. I think if Union can score first and put BC and their fans on their heels the game should be a good one. If BC gets rolling, look out.

If Union beats BC I love their chances vs QU - Union had them beat at QU earlier this year and blew it late - which was a common theme all year. Union has the most talent in the ECAC but waited until now to put it all together. Better late than never, I say.

Comment

9:00 at earliest puck drop the night before easter

Solid thinking as always from the NCAA

Comment

Canisius and UC will advance. They are the hot teams right now.

Comment

I was wondering when someone was going to start this thread. I can't wait for the puck to drop.
            LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

A Canisius over Quinnipiac upset wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Union will advance, unless the NC$$ not only fixed this regional as they did, but fix the officiating to guarantee the BC win they want.

Comment

Re: East Regional - (Providence) BC vs Union, QU vs Canisius

All time Quinnipiac vs. Canisius.......4 of the 7 wins for the Griffs came out in Buffalo with only 1 in Hamden and 1 in Worcester and one in west point

Oct. 30, 1998 — at Quinnipiac 6, Canisius 3
                  Oct. 31, 1998 — at Quinnipiac 2, Canisius 1 (OT)
                  Jan. 23, 1999 — at Canisius 3, Quinnipiac 3
                  Jan. 24, 1999 — at Canisius 3, Quinnipiac 3
                  March 19, 1999 — Canisius 5, Quinnipiac 2 (MAAC semifinals at Worcester, Mass.)
                  Nov. 5, 1999 — Quinnipiac 5, at Canisius 2 (at Amherst Pepsi Center)
                  Jan. 21, 2000 — at Quinnipiac 7, Canisius 0
                  Jan. 22, 2000 — at Quinnipiac 3, Canisius 1
                  Jan. 16, 2001 — at Canisius 4, Quinnipiac 2
                  Feb. 2, 2001 — at Quinnipiac 7, Canisius 2
                  Feb. 16, 2001 — at Canisius 6, Quinnipiac 2
                  Dec. 1, 2001 — at Quinnipiac 3, Canisius 1
                  Feb. 15, 2002 — Quinnipiac 4, at Canisius 3
                  Oct. 25, 2002 — Quinnipiac 6, at Canisius 3
                  Jan. 3, 2003 — at Quinnipiac 2, Canisius 0
                  Jan. 4, 2003 — at Quinnipiac 4, Canisius 3 (OT)
                  March 15, 2003 — at Quinnipiac 3, Canisius 2 (MAAC quarterfinals)
                  Jan. 9, 2004 — at Canisius 3, Quinnipiac 0
                  Jan. 10, 2004 — at Canisius 4, Quinnipiac 2
                  Feb. 6, 2004 — at Quinnipiac 3, Canisius 2
                  March 13, 2004 — Canisius 1, Quinnipiac 0 (OT) (Atlantic Hockey quarterfinals at West Point, N.Y.)
                  Jan. 4, 2005 — at Canisius 4, Quinnipiac 4
                  Feb. 18, 2005 — Canisius 2, at Quinnipiac 1
                  Feb. 19, 2005 — at Quinnipiac 8, Canisius 1
                  Jan. 16, 2011 — Quinnipiac 7, at Canisius 3
                  Jan. 17, 2011 — at Canisius 2, Quinnipiac 2
                  Oct. 15, 2011 — at Quinnipiac 7, Canisius 1
                  Oct. 16, 2011 — at Quinnipiac 4, Canisius 0
                  Last edited by QUAlum2004; 03-28-2013, 11:54 AM.
                  QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                  2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                  2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                  2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                  https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                  https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                  https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

What's the consensus on BC's attendance for Saturday's game? Will it suffer greatly from the time and holiday? What about Sunday?

Quinnipiac has tickets for 3 sections (118-120). I saw yesterday that just over 100 had been sold. I know several who purchased tickets on their own. If I had to guess, I'd say we'll have in the neighborhood of 300 supporting to blue & gold. If we make it to Sunday, I'd expect that many and maybe a few more, but with the holiday it's really hard to guess.

As for the games themselves, I'm a homer and think the Bobcats will take the Golden Griff's. Outside of that, I have no comment.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Are they still holding this?
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Union sold 305 tickets in sections 104, 105, and 106 for the all-session pass. Other people did not know to get tickets through Union so that's not accounted for in that 305 number. A lot of people called in looking to on buy for Saturday's game, but they had to do that through The Dunk. Hoping Union has at least 600 fans at Saturday's game. 1,000 would be better though.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                          What's the consensus on BC's attendance for Saturday's game? Will it suffer greatly from the time and holiday? What about Sunday?

Quinnipiac has tickets for 3 sections (118-120). I saw yesterday that just over 100 had been sold. I know several who purchased tickets on their own. If I had to guess, I'd say we'll have in the neighborhood of 300 supporting to blue & gold. If we make it to Sunday, I'd expect that many and maybe a few more, but with the holiday it's really hard to guess.
                          I heard today that all 200 Quinnipiac student tickets were sold out for the weekend, and the school is operating buses on both days. Good stuff.

Comment

I find that to be very discouraging that we can't get a contingent of more people to go to Providence. I know Easter weekend hurts but I also think that if not make everyone buy the session pack it would draw a bigger crowd.
                            QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                            2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                            2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                            2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                            https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                            https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                            https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Union is still on spring break, so I don't think there will be [m]any students in attendance.

Comment

Working...
                              X