Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bottom Feeders Bracket: Let the Tournament Begin

Originally posted by flagdude08 View Post
    i was talking with a ham on 15m this morning who somehow happened to hear the northeastern/clarkson game, and we had another upset. In a close match-up, northeastern was able to defeat clarkson by a score of 2 to 0.
    yes!
    Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
    Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I was talking with a ham on 15m this morning who somehow happened to hear the Northeastern/Clarkson game, and we had another upset. In a close match-up, Northeastern was able to defeat Clarkson by a score of 2 to 0.
      While not as upsetting as the Vermont result, (5 GOALS!?!?!?!) this once again proves that Hockey East did not send its worst team to the tournament.
      #NewMass

Comment

Is the BFB over yet? If the communication was any worse, I'd guess ESPN was involved
        Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
        Clarkson 1990

Comment

Breaking News!!!!!

CNN is reporting that the University of North Dakota has won the BFB of 2013!!!
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Sure, they do. The last time the committee checked, the refs were able to at least skate.
            They also get a pre-game flea dip.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Breaking News!!!!!

They are coached by a dark-skinned white man with a backwards baseball cap. Or a football helmet. Or a ski cap.

Comment

Breaking News!!!!!

Crazy. The Futile Four doesn't allow any hostile and abusive teams. Only rinks.

Comment

Breaking News!!!!!

Wait, NO.....Now conflicting reports....it sounds like it was actually the University of North Carolina!! REmember, CNN found it first!!!
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Wait, NO.....Now conflicting reports....it sounds like it was actually the University of North Carolina!! REmember, CNN found it first!!!
                    I don't think those are our birds, play seven nation army, you'll know they're BFB pigeons about midway through
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Would like to apply for a position as a referee for next year's BFB.

1. I have been on skates 2 or 3 times. Can stop forward progress by running into the boards (the BFB rinks do have boards, right?) and falling into a mid-lake snowdrift. As a forward thinker, I do not skate backwards.

2.Knowledge--I have some knowledge of the rules, but rest assured I will not be stymied by blind devotion to them.

3. Objectivity---hmmmmm--possibly, probably not.

4. Consistency--are you kidding???

5. Creativity-- For instance--
                      Coach criticizing call will get a "timeout" and sit in the penalty box until he promises to behave.
                      "Diving" will require offender to sit in dunk tank between periods while fans pay to shoot at target.
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                        Would like to apply for a position as a referee for next year's BFB.

1. I have been on skates 2 or 3 times. Can stop forward progress by running into the boards (the BFB rinks do have boards, right?) and falling into a mid-lake snowdrift. As a forward thinker, I do not skate backwards.

2.Knowledge--I have some knowledge of the rules, but rest assured I will not be stymied by blind devotion to them.

3. Objectivity---hmmmmm--possibly, probably not.

4. Consistency--are you kidding???

5. Creativity-- For instance--
                        Coach criticizing call will get a "timeout" and sit in the penalty box until he promises to behave.
                        "Diving" will require offender to sit in dunk tank between periods while fans pay to shoot at target.
                        Too long...

1. Integrity

A) Is essential to any good referee B) ??? C) "Once you give up integrity, the rest is a piece of cake"

If you answered B or C, congratulations, you're qualified to officiate any NCAA hockey game regardless of prestige.

Comment

where the hell are the guys that run this thing? we want some verified results! geez, you'd think this is some backwoods, halfassed kind of operation.
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            where the hell are the guys that run this thing? we want some verified results! geez, you'd think this is some backwoods, halfassed kind of operation.
                            I'm still trying to contact the hams that actually broadcast this thing.

Comment

talking to hams. really? is that what the kids are callin it nowdays?

Pony Express was faster. a Commodore 64 was faster. if only our nation hadnt removed all the pay phones.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                talking to hams. really? is that what the kids are callin it nowdays?

Pony Express was faster. a Commodore 64 was faster. if only our nation hadnt removed all the pay phones.
                                Hey now, the committee demanded electronic means, but the tournament preservers wanted to make sure this event had as little exposure as possible. It's a good compromise.

Comment

Working...
                                X