With Lucia new WJC Team USA Coach, a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Lucia new WJC Team USA Coach, a question

If you tallk with Jack Parker he is still viscerally upset that Team USA did not keep Mattie Grzylcek, but more than his disagreeing with Grizz getting cut is the way the USA went back on their word of making final cuts after Helsinki. Instead Team USA brought a plus two with one roster spot to Ufa ... After 2 Round Robin games, I believe in was Dec 30th, Matt G. is called in and told that the Team USA wanted their sixth defenseman to be a Big, 6 ft plus D-man (as it worked so well in 2012 WJC) and Parker was Irate that his player loaned to Team USA by being kept as late as he was MISSED TWO CRUCIAL COLLEGE GAMES without getting the benefit of playing a single game that counted for Team USA when most had him as at worst the 4th d-man on the roster coming into camp and by all accounts he held his own.

There has never been love lost between Parker and Team USA. He felt he was passed over for the 1980 Olympic team coaching job.

But he has always put personality issues aside to help his players develop especially since the WJC took off over the past decade.

That said, as intelligent as he is, Matt Grzylcek is a stubborn S-O-B not unlike 1980 Charlestown native Jack O'Callahan. Though he says the right things in public, he is steamed by how Team USA treated him this past winter.

Does Lucia extend an Olive Branch and GUARANTEE him a roster spot, and even if he does is Grzylcek so teed off at USA hockey that he passes on the 2014 WJCs?

Re: With Lucia new WJC Team USA Coach, a question

Is he a Minnesota native?

Comment

Are you related to hokydad by any chance? How do you know grizzlick is steamed?

Comment

Why don't we hope USA Hockey picks the best roster to win the tournament when the time comes. They're finally getting around to putting politics on the backburner and you want some favors 8 months in advance to a kid that got cut last year and had his feelings hurt?

Great player, he'll probably be picked. Let's have him try out for the team like everyone else this year.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

In tDon we trust.

*****https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/36147_1500428223738_474718_n.jpg******
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Are you related to hokydad by any chance? How do you know grizzlick is steamed?
            Even hokydady wouldn't write something this dumb: "most had him as at worst the 4th d-man on the roster coming into camp."
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Go Lou!

Comment

So Jack Parker is mad at USA hockey for making two decisions that affected him, even though they were obviously the right ones? OK.

I expect Lucia to put together the best team he can to win a gold medal. Everybody will earn their spot on the team, not handed it.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE13 View Post
                  There has never been love lost between Parker and Team USA. He felt he was passed over for the 1980 Olympic team coaching job.
                  *****http://denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw8911-seriously.png******

Really. Seriously?
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I've always felt I was unfairly passed over for the 1980 Olympic job, too.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Perhaps if Parker put as much effort into controlling his team as he does into whining about USA Hockey, his players wouldn't have been raping chicks left and right.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        Perhaps if Parker put as much effort into controlling his team as he does into whining about USA Hockey, his players wouldn't have been raping chicks left and right.
                        I was kinda thinking the same thing
                        maybe team USA did not want to have a BU player around, making people wonder whether there were going to be lots and lots of accusations of sexual assault.

that said, if the games were in Helsinki, I am betting the Finish lawnmowers were safe, so it would be OK to bring in UND players, right?

Comment

Does Lucia extend an Olive Branch and GUARANTEE him a roster spot,
                          No he doesn't, in fact if he keeps whining he will be shipped off to Alaska and put on the Seawolves roster.

Comment

Does Lucia extend an Olive Branch and GUARANTEE him a roster spot, and even if he does is Grzylcek so teed off at USA hockey that he passes on the 2014 WJCs?
                            No
                            Originally posted by CavalryNate
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X