2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers - 2013 Offseason: The Future Looks Bright <<<

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
      Games there are exempt.
      ...and expensive...
      ...and time consuming...
      They don't get too many non-conference home games at UA or UAA (except against each other up until this season) for a reason.
      They both helped subsidize their conference opponents' trips up there as a part of their memberships to the CCHA and WCHA. I can only imagine that they still do as part of the new WCHA together. What they do for NC opponents, I suppose is completely between them and each opponent.
      Can't we all just get along?
      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
        ...and expensive...
        ...and time consuming...
        They don't get too many non-conference home games at UA or UAA (except against each other up until this season) for a reason.
        They both helped subsidize their conference opponents' trips up there as a part of their memberships to the CCHA and WCHA. I can only imagine that they still do as part of the new WCHA together. What they do for NC opponents, I suppose is completely between them and each opponent.
        '

Looks like they get their NC games in during the two tournaments up there (Air Force is going this year) except for a weekend at Wisconsin on this years schedule. Rest of their games on the road are conference games.

It'd take a big chunk of change to get there unless you had your own plane. Curse you AFA!
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          '

Looks like they get their NC games in during the two tournaments up there (Air Force is going this year) except for a weekend at Wisconsin on this years schedule. Rest of their games on the road are conference games.

It'd take a big chunk of change to get there unless you had your own plane. Curse you AFA!
          If you can make enough out of the home dates that you still have available, then it works out. I don't think that is the case for RIT though with the Ritter. At the new arena, if you take that trip up and can sell out 2 games there (Cornell? RPI? Clarkson?) then maybe it works out.
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant

Comment

Originally posted by Frozen View Post
            Am I the only one worried with the new center, we'll have serious issues with parking for gametime? Those who attend games from off-campus would be less enthusiastic about attending during a good-sized snow event if they had to walk all the way from S-Lot and the usual parking north of Ritter? The only good "solution" I could see is a parking garage adjacent to the center to the south, but that would bring up ground issues with all the swampland surrounding it.

On a good note, I can now see where the Rink itself is located in the construction cam. Thats great to see.
            The parking situation is a problem, and I haven't heard anything about a solution yet. People coming from off-campus, especially non-alumni, don't want to walk halfway across an unfamiliar campus to go to a hockey game.

Powers &8^]

Comment

RIT Polisseni Centre construction cam is great!
              See: http://www.rit.edu/~w-giving/powerplay/webcam.php
              Tiger class of 2017 comments:
              Michael Holland - six foot one - 190 - with that size I hope he becomes integral part of the fortification around the net. -15 +/- in Sioux City. USHL Muskets dealt him to Steel and +/- went to even.
              Dustin Fostvelt - saw some film on this guy. Great skill. Lots of shots. Very impressive (AJHL) stats for defenseman - 2nd in team scoring for Spruce Grove Saints. Saints ranked in and around top 20 CJHL in Feb 2013.
              Danny Smith - speed and agility is always welcome on any team. Smith scores points too..... lots of them. Led the Sherwood Park Crusaders (AJHL) in points.
              Todd Skirving - 4th on the Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL) for goals and assists. This team finished 1st. Enough said. Another welcomed addition to the Tiger arsenal.

Comment

Nice to see that according to the numbers they bring with them, RIT will welcome some scoring talent to the ice next year. Of course, as Coach Wilson has said on more than one occasion, there are plenty of scorers in that locker room. Last year proved that losing 8 Seniors from the roster can really take it's toll. Couple that with many injuries, and you have the makings of a sub-par season, at least for this program. I would contend that the team also missed the type of role-player necessary for a winning combination. Losing McReynolds, Corn, Knowles, even Burt was quite telling, and I think limited options from the bench. Let's hope that a few veterans will step up into those roles next year. It would have been good to have seen Janda and Alexin in there against those big Canisius defensemen last year. I'll never forget McReynolds blocking three shots in a row on the PK, the last two without a stick. I believe he got a Standing O. Anyone out there like that?

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                  The parking situation is a problem, and I haven't heard anything about a solution yet. People coming from off-campus, especially non-alumni, don't want to walk halfway across an unfamiliar campus to go to a hockey game.

Powers &8^]
                  A thought just popped into my head: With FieldTurf expectancy hovering at or around 8 years, maybe down the road in a year or 2 they will replace the turf field with a parking garage, and install the next-gen FieldTurf at the current field North of the Fieldhouse? The current turf is already graded; just drill holes down for the foundation and build 2-3 levels the size of the turf field, and Bob's your Uncle.

Comment

The committee also believes officials have “become lax” with enforcing the limitations of player advancement during faceoffs.
                    Source http://www.uscho.com/2013/06/25/ncaa...d-not-changed/

Attention Chris Lerch this tells me you will have a lot more than 15 seconds in-between puck drops to speak next season. This was a pretty blunt look at officiating in college hockey and makes me wonder if we are in for another point of emphasis year where they call everything to the extreme. The last one was back in the D-III days, I think it was 03-04 or so, and was horrible....
                    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule
                    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Looks like my post about Saracino deciding not to go to law school after all a few months ago once again bears fruit.

http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...626133153.aspx

Good to see more Tigers going pro...even if it's in obscure European leagues.
                      RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                        Looks like my post about Saracino deciding not to go to law school after all a few months ago once again bears fruit.

http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...626133153.aspx

Good to see more Tigers going pro...even if it's in obscure European leagues.
                        Haltigan is going to Med School!

Via Facebook: "Chris Haltigin added American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine to his timeline."
                        2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
                        2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

So, can we put to bed the theory that OOC games don't matter?
                          I see this post every time I click on this thread and have to respond. It was not a theory it was a reality that AHA teams had no chance at an at large bid. Reality has changed the league has improved enough that at large bids are now a possibility. I still expect some experimenting in the OOCs but there are still those games you have to try things you normally would not try in a league game. In other words the best path in is still the league title. I still consider the possibility of an at large bid not as great as the other big leagues, but it is a possibility. It remands to be seen if The Atlantic can put more than one team in the tournament consistently, I do think the AHA needs to prove that it can send more than one team and that this year is not a fluke. But I do dare say that it is an exciting new day for the AHA...
                          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule
                          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

But that reality didn't change as a result of Niagara's selection to the tournament; that was just the indisputable signal that the reality had already changed. Some of us knew well before this that the reality had changed and an excellent conference season coupled with good OOC results could produce an at-large bid. To only now decide that OOC games matter is a year or two late; what if Niagara had decided that OOC games don't matter? Would you still be denying that change had come?

Powers &8^]

Comment

But that reality didn't change as a result of Niagara's selection to the tournament; that was just the indisputable signal that the reality had already changed. Some of us knew well before this that the reality had changed and an excellent conference season coupled with good OOC results could produce an at-large bid. To only now decide that OOC games matter is a year or two late; what if Niagara had decided that OOC games don't matter? Would you still be denying that change had come?
                              Niagara went 1-2-3 in OOC games last year. RIT was 2-3-1 in their games. The league went (I believe a league best ever) 25-48-12 last year for a .365 winning percentage in OOC. Combine that with Niagara domination of the AHA regular season and that is how they got in.

A league OOC record like that makes it difficult to get an at large without dominating the league and/or your own OOC games (and beating the right teams like Robert Morris was doing). It's clearly not impossible, but to me, without the league doing what it did OOC, there is no way Niagara makes it in as at at large. So, I don't think reality really changed all that much.

Powers &8^][/QUOTE]
                              2010 Frozen Four participant

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                                So, I don't think reality really changed all that much.
                                Neither do I. It was always possible for an at-large bid given a good enough league OOC record. Every team in the league contributes to that, so that means OOC games matter. And always have.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X