Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#4 SCSU vs. #1 Notre Dame in Toledo: Jan and Rudy for a One Night (Afternoon) Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #4 SCSU vs. #1 Notre Dame in Toledo: Jan and Rudy for a One Night (Afternoon) Stand

SCSU won a MacNaughton, Notre Dame won a Mason, and now they square off in Toledo.

Enjoy
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: #4 SCSU vs. #1 Notre Dame in Toledo: Jan and Rudy for a One Night (Afternoon) Sta

Welcome to Toledo to both of your schools. Good Luck this weekend. See downtown on Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Re: #4 SCSU vs. #1 Notre Dame in Toledo: Jan and Rudy for a One Night (Afternoon) Sta

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
      Welcome to Toledo to both of your schools. Good Luck this weekend. See downtown on Saturday afternoon.
      I will see every beautiful thing Toledo has to offer that ESPN3 is willing to show me
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Thanks to ESPNU for all the love. You wouldn't know SCSU was even in the tournament unless you noticed the graphics. We could get more love if we open a SCSU Campus East anywhere east of Ohio. Or perhaps we could put a Beanpot logo on our jerseys.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverse Sanity View Post
          Thanks to ESPNU for all the love. You wouldn't know SCSU was even in the tournament unless you noticed the graphics. We could get more love if we open a SCSU Campus East anywhere east of Ohio. Or perhaps we could put a Beanpot logo on our jerseys.
          With respect to the ESPNU three plays of the year, one play was simply a tip of the hat to Jerry York and the other two plays involved teams preventing SCSU from scoring a certain goal.

Loved Barry Melrose say "here's Rumpel throwing his stick" and then he's uncertain as to the result of that act.

Comment

ESPN sucks...... I say that every year so it's not like their pathetic coverage surprises anybody. I am hoping somebody can get this on TV so I don't have to hook my lap top up to my TV and have a crappy picture.

This one should be a good one. The Huskies had the better of play against Sconnie and got some bad breaks. Hopefully those breaks even out and they can pull two wins this weekend. Notre Dame looks good so it is going to be a battle.
            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Gritt Vs Glam

Let's get greasy!
              SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
                Gritt Vs Glam

Let's get greasy!
                I'm sorry... Are we related?

Comment

Man, this should be a great game, I like both teams' style. Wish it gets picked up live by someone I can get on Direct TV dish. Good luck Huskies!

Comment

Liking our draw. Feel good about our chances to get to the Frozen Four. This game looks like the best matchup in the first round, in my opinion.
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

its still to bad about how we got placed into the #4 seed but with that considered I kinda think of notre dame as the same way but slipping into a #1 seed. I really actually like our chances here at least for being a #4 seed. This should be a good game to watch.

Comment

The Huskies can already place this season amongst their top three in the D1 era. I'm going to avoid being greedy and expect nothing more than a competitive game (while hoping for much more).

Notre Dame is a hell of a team. Good luck out east next season (and less luck in the midwest this season).
                        scsuhockey.com
                        CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                          The Huskies can already place this season amongst their top three in the D1 era. I'm going to avoid being greedy and expect nothing more than a competitive game (while hoping for much more).

Notre Dame is a hell of a team. Good luck out east next season (and less luck in the midwest this season).
                          I think anything less than a frozen four makes this season a huge dissapointment..... I actually expect this program to play like WCHA champions.
                          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Been on USCHO for years and finally registered to post. Have really enjoyed reading now actually going to try to contribute.

Alum of SCSU. The first year at the NHC was my sophomore year at Cloud if I am remembering it correctly. Been following the team ever since, some years more closely than others. This is clearly one of the best SCSU teams I remember watching. Hoping for the best against Notre Dame but expecting the usual round one exit. Was expecting much more but the last month or so has not been kind. Regardless, will be watching this weekend. Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU red army View Post
                              I kinda think of notre dame as the same way but slipping into a #1 seed.
                              Whatever else the Irish may have done, they didn't "slip into" a #1 seed. They seized the opportunity on the ice with some of their best hockey of the season against OSU and Michigan—the latter was widely seen as the hottest team in the country going into Sunday's final.
                              Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                              Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Working...
                              X