Fire USCHO.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire USCHO.com

The site crashes on selection Sunday? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Re: Fire USCHO.com

They have always been desperately in need of a new server
    St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
    4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
    2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
    16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
    9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
    2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Scottyp View Post
      Happens every year, right when the team that just got left home figures out who really screwed them over, other than themselves for not winning more in the regular season.
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

*****http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/rsz/mlfw8968_medium.jpg******

Like has been stated, it happens a lot this time of year...
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

We're as upset with these issues as you are. This one wasn't a hardware problem but a third-party software problem. For those who are tech savvy, a poorly indexed table in the database caused a slow database query that only revealed itself under heavy load. I think the issue has been fixed. There's a ton of software to manage and the equivalent of about 1/5 of a full-time person to manage it. So it happens.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this was the issue.

Comment

It's a free board guys. Sure you CAN donate, but I think it's pretty good for nothing. Wait, I think that came out wrong.

Ed: it just hiccoughed now and again. No biggie.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Ed: it just hiccoughed now and again. No biggie.
              Thanks. We are investing in some hardware upgrades this summer. We've made server upgrades at least six times since 2003.

The main site was affected primarily; however, one of the folks troubleshooting did shut off the board for a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                Thanks. We are investing in some hardware upgrades this summer. We've made server upgrades at least six times since 2003.

The main site was affected primarily; however, one of the folks troubleshooting did shut off the board for a few minutes.
                any chance you could get a better android app?
                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Side note: This site/board rarely works on my Google Nexus. Maybe 20% of the time I try to get on with that device. Not sure why... just thought I'd mention it.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

USCHO is going down the tubes.

Comment

We're as upset with these issues as you are. This one wasn't a hardware problem but a third-party software problem. For those who are tech savvy, a poorly indexed table in the database caused a slow database query that only revealed itself under heavy load. I think the issue has been fixed. There's a ton of software to manage and the equivalent of about 1/5 of a full-time person to manage it. So it happens.

Actually, it doesn't just happen with the high bandwidth usage; you'll see it now and again when you're parusing the forum. I'm sorry that I don't have dates/times to help you with debug; le tme know if you would like me to collect those.

Comment

It's a free board. A few times a year, it has an issue, generally resolved pretty quick. No complaints here.

And yes, a crummy DB index would do it.

Thanks for everything you guys do!
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Lack of institution control.
                          ---
                          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                          19 Conference Championships
                          10 Conference Tournament Championships
                          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            *****http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/rsz/mlfw8968_medium.jpg******

Like has been stated, it happens a lot this time of year...
                            How do you find these images?
                            Originally posted by Scottyp View Post
                            IALTO
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Found a pic of JimJamesak!:

*****http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/dar-monday-241.jpg******
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                              X