Official NCAA ESPN "syndicated" game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official NCAA ESPN "syndicated" game thread

As we have gotten used to by now, the NCAA staggers the 12 regional games in such a way that ESPNU can show 8 of the games live (barring time overruns). The other 4 are shown on ESPNU on a tape delay basis, but are also bid out to local and regional stations/networks for live syndication.

This year the 4 syndicated games are as follows: (all times eastern)

Friday 3/29

Northeast SF #1 Umass-Lowell v Wisconsin 4:30 pm
    NESN (Directv 628, Dish 412-24)

Time Warner Cable Sports 98 (Rochester, N.Y.)

TVW channel 3-2 on digital television in Madison, Wis., and channel 14 on Charter. TVW can also be found on channel 14 for DirecTV, for those with the local Madison package.
    Time Warner Cable SportsChannel on channel 32/1332 throughout the Wisconsin division.

Time Warner cable sports Ohio

Saturday 3/30

Midwest S #1 Notre Dame v St. Cloud St 1:30 pm
    FSN North (Directv 668, Dish 412-26)
    WHME-TV - Channel 46 South Bend

Midwest SF #2 Miami (Oh) v Minn. St. Mankato 5
    FSN North (Directv 668, Dish 412-26)
    WHME-TV - Channel 46 South Bend

East SF #1 Quinnipiac v Canisius 5:30 pm
    NESN (Directv 628, Dish 412-24)

Time Warner Cable SportsChannel (Buffalo, Central New York, Manhattan, Capital Region), Time Warner Cable Sports 98 (Rochester, NY)

Last year we compiled a pretty good list of coverage for these 4 games, and would please appreciate any confirmation of coverage by posting a link to the media outlet that will cover the particular game. I will be constantly updating this first thread with all the latest verifiable information.

If you remember last year, FSN North picked up a few games, but it was for their home market only, which screwed out of market Directv/Dish customers out of seeing the games.(NESN by contrast, had full national satellite distribution)
    I will try and contact any RSN's and clarify whether its home market only, or national distribution.....

As always, all 12 games are streamed via ESPN3 and the WatchESPN App, although I understand that not everyone has access to those services.

Any and all help is certainly appreciated

Bill
    Last edited by billmich88888; 03-28-2013, 07:47 AM.

Re: Official NCAA ESPN "syndicated" game thread

NESN doesn't have anything listed yet, but they're all clear on Friday for the UML-Wisconsin game -- nothing standing in their way in the afternoon or evening/night that would preclude them from picking it up (no Bruins or Red Sox commitments). I'd say there's a very good chance of seeing that picked up.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
      NESN doesn't have anything listed yet, but they're all clear on Friday for the UML-Wisconsin game -- nothing standing in their way in the afternoon or evening/night that would preclude them from picking it up (no Bruins or Red Sox commitments). I'd say there's a very good chance of seeing that picked up.
      NESN should be able to pick up Saturday's Quinnipiac v Canisius game as well, since the Bruins play at 1:00 in the afternoon on Saturday. They've had a deal with QU the past few years to broadcast some hockey/basketball games during the season. We shall see.
      Boston College Eagles
      NCAA Champions
      1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Bentley University Falcons

Comment

Quinnipiac has this listed in the press release The East Regional's first semifinal game will be broadcast live on March 30th at 5:30 p.m. ET on ESPN3 and then re-aired later the same evening on ESPNU I guess broadcast would be the wrong word. QU has been shown on NESN recently and at the last minute for the quarters of the ECAC's. They have also been shown locally on CT Public Television.
        Last edited by LTsatch; 03-24-2013, 10:51 PM.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
          Even if there were, they could put in on NESN Plus (you'd have to check your local service provider for where that is - on DirecTV it's Channel 629).

Comment

Q thread says the game will be on NESN
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

From the Hockey East Twitter account:

@NESN announces they will pickup Friday's @RiverHawkNation game vs. @BadgerMHockey at 4:30 in the NCAA Northeast Regional @VWArenaNH
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Time to call up Direct TV and add the Sports Pack again, I guess. Just have to remember to cancel it on Monday.

Comment

Keep those updates coming, will update 1st post

Since NESN didn't pull any of that "regionalized" garbage that FSN North did last year and it was available nationally, I will consider this a good solid link for everyone, no matter if you live inside their home coverage area, or outside of it.
                  Last edited by billmich88888; 03-25-2013, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                    From the Hockey East Twitter account:

@NESN announces they will pickup Friday's @RiverHawkNation game vs. @BadgerMHockey at 4:30 in the NCAA Northeast Regional @VWArenaNH
                    I see there is a twins/red sox game scheduled for 4pm

will hockey be on NESN, or NESN +?

Comment

looks like the Quinnipiac v Canisius game is also picked up on NESN

http://nesn.com/2013/03/nesn-to-broa...iday-saturday/

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                        I see there is a twins/red sox game scheduled for 4pm

will hockey be on NESN, or NESN +?
                        The Sox/Twinkies game is a repeat. They are also preempting a 60-minute infomercial for Fenway Park.

Comment

From the NESN website
                          NESN to Broadcast UMass-Lowell and Quinnipiac NCAA Hockey Tournament Games on Friday, Saturday

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/03/nesn-to-broa...iday-saturday/
                          March Madness hits the ice this weekend, and NESN will be bringing you some of the action from rinks across the nation, as two local teams take the ice. NESN is set to telecast two games this weekend, with two of the best and hottest teams in the country. Coverage will begin Friday afternoon when the UMass-Lowell Riverhawks take on Wisconsin in Manchester, N.H. The Riverhawks are coming off their first Hockey East title in school history. That game will be seen on NESN beginning at 4 p.m. ET. That will be followed up on Saturday as the No. 1 team in the country, Quinnipiac, opens its run toward the Frozen Four against Canisius. The Bobcats will begin that quest on Saturday night in Providence, R.I., and that game can be seen on NESN at 5:30 p.m. ET.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/03/nesn-to-broa...iday-saturday/
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

thanks for the info on the baseball being a repeat

The Saturday game isn't going up against anything either, So I will keep both as NESN....

2 down, 2 to go......

Comment

Don't look for FS North to pick up any games, both North Dakota and Gophers games are on ESPNU. So i doubt FS North will pick up St Cloud State or Mankato games. i could see a local channel in each area picking up those games.
                              Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Working...
                              X