Overwhelming support and knowledge!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overwhelming support and knowledge!!!

As a new fan of college hockey( just found this website this year) reading many of your comments and incites into this sport has left me in awh!!! Did not realize that there were this many devoted fans of a fairly obscure sport but you folks are more knowledgeable than any other major college sports forum I have read in 20 years of Internet perusing !!!! It's going to take me years to catch up!! As most TV sports fans go I think it's typical that until NBCSPORTS and me ordering DishTV' s Foxsports package last year( so I could watch my beloved Pittsburgh Penguins) my very limited view of college hockey was the FrozenFour !!! Thus my journey for knowledge began so I looked to the Internet and found this website and WOW rankings, blogs, conference standings and TV listings(HUGE HUGE HUGE) etc. Since the announcement that said Frozen Four was coming to my backyard two years ago I decided I would make that an item I could check of my bucket list so when tickets went on sale last year I made that call and got thru finally only to find that it took 20 minutes to sell out!!!!! Not to be deterred I kept asking around and found some RMU people that were able to get me a ticket, yea!!!!!! So I start watching and recording every game I could and reading this web page and I must say I have been overwhelmed and confused but the fog is clearing thx to you folks!!!! I now know the difference between WCHA, ECHA, CCHA ETC.!!!! Lol!!!!! And I think I have a slight grip on the NCAA's selection process and I'm ready for this tourney to start!!! Without a dog in the fight I'm pretty sure this will be entertaining enough for my simple hockey mind and I'll work hard to understand you people's own personal dialogs!!!! Maybe!!!!!
    What is behind me is of no importance !!!!!!!

Re: Overwhelming support and knowledge!!!

welcome, just remember one thing, und is a bunch of thugs.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

PS: Do you folks argue about the Frozen Four selection process like this EVERY YEAR???????

Comment

Well, to offer one pointer, expect a lot of first round "upsets". Seedings in this tourney often mean very little.
        Start a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Start a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
          welcome, just remember one thing, und is a bunch of thugs.
          Would that be North Dakota or Notre Dame?????

Comment

Originally posted by JeffShriver View Post
            Would that be North Dakota or Notre Dame?????
            Both

Comment

Originally posted by Landshark View Post
              Well, to offer one pointer, expect a lot of first round "upsets". Seedings in this tourney often mean very little.
              Yes I've noticed that throughout the regular season!!! Anyone can beat anyone regardless of record!!!!! And as I've always said" never leave a hockey game no matter the score"!!!!!!!!

Comment

PS: Do you folks argue about the Frozen Four selection process like this EVERY YEAR???????
                As far as I can tell, yes.
                I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
                  Both
                  LMAO!!!! We Buckeyes say that about your team of rodents!!!!! I've also noticed there are quite a few rodent teams in college hockey!!!! Lol!!!!!!

Comment

LMAO!!!! We Buckeyes say that about your team of rodents!!!!! I've also noticed there are quite a few rodent teams in college hockey!!!! Lol!!!!!!
                    We at Michigan only consider Ferris, FYS, NoDak, and the leprechauns as thugs.

Comment

There's a guy behind a curtain somewhere in cyberville who monitors each poster's exclamation and question marks and pulls the plug on 'em when they hit one gazillion. Pace yourself--he makes no exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        There's a guy behind a curtain somewhere in cyberville who monitors each poster's exclamation and question marks and pulls the plug on 'em when they hit one gazillion. Pace yourself--he makes no exceptions.
                        Look I've been posting on forums since the invention of the Internet and if you pay very close attention you'll notice I never use the period and its a long long long story as to why so don't ask just know its not any concern of yours I'm not upset !!!!!

Comment

Also important to remember: Minnesota rarely loses a hockey game. Either they (1) beat themselves, (2) do not show up, (3) play on a poor sheet of ice that is not in favor with their style of play or (4) win the game outright.

Comment

Look I've been posting on forums since the invention of the Internet and if you pay very close attention you'll notice I never use the period and its a long long long story as to why so don't ask just know its not any concern of yours I'm not upset !!!!!
                            Was there a bad period in your life?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              Was there a bad period in your life?
                              Oh, comma on. Lay off him!
                              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                              ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Working...
                              X